Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sc2 good/bad ?

Default sc2 good/bad ?

i get paid friday and i wanted to pick up a new game... i love fighting games but as you can see by my game list i already have a lot of them...i was thinking about picking up soul calibur 2 because i played the first one a little bit and i liked it and everyone seems to love this one and it seems to be THE big fighting game on xbox like tekken 3 was to playstation...

in short...
    should i get soul calibur 2 friday? or should i get something else?
    and what reasons too, yes or no won't sway me...
    thanks for the help in advance
    "Keep your head up and your hatchet high..."

i would get it,the game is off the hook
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

i appreciate you taking the time to help, but i'm wondering what stands out to you in the gameplay or something, not just a statement that it's good... thanks tho

THE REAL BOSS

This game kicks ass. Amazing graphics, great gameplay, awesome moves and the selection of charcthers is great. If your into fighting games this is one you should not pass up. It's by far the best fighter on the market today and the xbox version is the best one
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Thumbs up

YAY! and of course the xbox one is the best one...because its the best system

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by spectre187
    YAY! and of course the xbox one is the best one...because its the best system

Not just that, but because we get spawn and the best control layout between all 3 systems

Great game I agree. Question for all of you who own it, though, do any of you find it sort of difficult using a regular controller for this game? I think the S-controller makes it so muck easier (especially when hitting x+b or y+a) since the buttons are spread out. BTW yea Xbox has the best character, Spawn, IMO, although he's sorta cheap since he can shoot projectiles.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by studepaber
    Great game I agree. Question for all of you who own it, though, do any of you find it sort of difficult using a regular controller for this game? I think the S-controller makes it so muck easier (especially when hitting x+b or y+a) since the buttons are spread out. BTW yea Xbox has the best character, Spawn, IMO, although he's sorta cheap since he can shoot projectiles.

Yes, it's much harder to use the larger controller because sometimes you need to be so quick with the buttons and you need to posistion your hand in such a way that it's not possable with the large controller.

Originally posted by studepaber
    I use the regular controller.

Set up like this:

L = A + K
    R = B + G
    White = A + B
    Black = A + B +K

Oh and why is it the such a good game? Cause its the best F'n fighter ever. Thats why....

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

I use the regular controller.

Set up like this:

L = A + K
    R = B + G
    White = A + B
    Black = A + B +K

Oh and why is it the such a good game? Cause its the best F'n fighter ever. Thats why....
    I use the L trigger for guard, but might change it like this for now. I also use my regular controller, I will never get an S controller because unlike Rude and them, I have big hands

The Weapon Master mode was amazing. I played it for a good 4 hours last night, drooling over how sweet Spawn was with some new moves that I didn't get to do at E3. And JJaX is right, this is the best fighter ever, hands down. I feel bad for those that have this on PS2, I tried it last night at Gamestop for a good laugh.....loading times alone were longer than some of my matches and the graphics reminded me of Bad Dudes

Der Herbergsvater

Thumbs up

Thizzle gizzle izzle off the hizzle fo rizzle my nizzle.
    (not to be taken seriously)

I played the demo on a ps2 demo disk and wasn't particularly impressed. It could have been because I got my ass kicked and only played one round but it could still be ****.
    Last edited by terraflux16; 08-28-2003 at 01:40 PM.

I'd rent it first before you shell out cash for it. Some people love fighting games and can play them for eternity. But if your like me, beating the game a few times is enough to satisfy the hunger.
    Hidden Content

"I'm n33t now that I can s0lder!"

Member on the run

That's why fighting games are more fun with friends and a hell of a lot of trash talking. That's what they are made for, and that is where they excel. SC2, just like SC has a little extra that you usually don't find in fighting games (at least before SC).

Originally posted by rudedogX
    That's why fighting games are more fun with friends and a hell of a lot of trash talking. That's what they are made for, and that is where they excel. SC2, just like SC has a little extra that you usually don't find in fighting games (at least before SC).
    Ya but it still gets boring after a few rounds...
    Hidden Content

Member on the run

Originally posted by Liquid Oxygen

Ya but it still gets boring after a few rounds...
    To each their own. I've always found fighting games (with friends) to be a very addictive experience.

Well personally i was dissapointed with this game...i expected more of a leap in graphics and gameplay... if youve played the DC version then i have to beleive you agree with me. the graphics arnt as seemless as DOA and how old is DOA? i thought this was going to blow DOA out of the water... the fighting system i was told was superior to DOA... and knowing what the fighting system was in SC2 predacessor i was expecting some improvements.... better/ more reversals... a better mechanic altogether... but this game looks and feels almost the same as the DC version... am i the only one feeling this way? all i see are new costumes... the same system, and 2 new characters...

DOA's mechanic is more involving and has better style... plus the ame is superior graphically. that really miffed me cause i was expecting something from all the hype... my own including rememebring how good the original was... but i see no leaps in innovation, just a mark-up

going back to tag battle with buddies on the Old reliable
    Be one with it

Originally posted by rudedogX

To each their own. I've always found fighting games (with friends) to be a very addictive experience.
    True dat. Whatever floats ur boat.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Zen
    Well personally i was dissapointed with this game...i expected more of a leap in graphics and gameplay... if youve played the DC version then i have to beleive you agree with me. the graphics arnt as seemless as DOA and how old is DOA? i thought this was going to blow DOA out of the water... the fighting system i was told was superior to DOA... and knowing what the fighting system was in SC2 predacessor i was expecting some improvements.... better/ more reversals... a better mechanic altogether... but this game looks and feels almost the same as the DC version... am i the only one feeling this way? all i see are new costumes... the same system, and 2 new characters...

DOA's mechanic is more involving and has better style... plus the ame is superior graphically. that really miffed me cause i was expecting something from all the hype... my own including rememebring how good the original was... but i see no leaps in innovation, just a mark-up

going back to tag battle with buddies on the Old reliable

I used to 'sort of' think this way as well, but then I got to thinking that SC2 is a graphical step-up (albeit a small one) from an already great looking game. Sure more reversals would be great, but really why change a good thing? (go play DOA if you want reversals) Most fighting games carry the same look/feel throughout their series, with slight improvement/additions each sequal (think SF or MK). I'm always up for new innovative ideas, maybe the devs didn't want to stray from a proven formula. I just don't see many things they could've done to make this a better game.

Oh yea *kicks self* they could've made it online :o

GET THIS GAME

so soul calibur is THE superior xbox fighting game? what makes it better than doa 3?

Thread Information