Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copying Xbox games

Default Copying Xbox games

Has anyone figured out a way to make a copy of an Xbox game yet? Is anyone trying to figure out a way? I've checked all over the web and there's no mention of it.

Just curious... strictly for backup purposes of course.

I hope you brought your flame-proof suit, JAC.

True dyed-in-the wool gamers deplore software piracy....at least video game software piracy.

You'll find gamers all over the world with pirate copies of photoshop, flash, cooledit pro, etc, but most gamers have such a deep respect for the game developers that we are more than happy to fork over the required cash for our favorite games, and will go to great lengths to prevent video game piracy.

Good luck in this thread. I'm sure you'll have some people on your side, but I'm willing to bet my Xbox that I have more on mine.

Originally posted by VAN
    I hope you brought your flame-proof suit, JAC.

True dyed-in-the wool gamers deplore software piracy....at least video game software piracy.

You'll find gamers all over the world with pirate copies of photoshop, flash, cooledit pro, etc, but most gamers have such a deep respect for the game developers that we are more than happy to fork over the required cash for our favorite games, and will go to great lengths to prevent video game piracy.

Good luck in this thread. I'm sure you'll have some people on your side, but I'm willing to bet my Xbox that I have more on mine.
    I agree with you 100% VAN. I deplore video game software piracy. Hopefully people will grow up and realize that piracy hurts them in the long run and that by supporting these developers they will in turn get better products that have more features and less bugs. If you like a product then you should support it by purchasing the original version. I also don’t want to hear any crap like I can’t afford an original copy because of ????. BS just go to Blockbuster and rent the game. What does it cost like $5 for 5 days? With the current attitude most gamers have this should be more than enough time for you to beat the game (depending on genre of course, I don’t expect anyone to beat a 70 hour RPG in 5 days).
    Currently playing: Tony Hawk 3

Default cheese sticks and potato skins

No biggie. Thanks for the warning. lol Should be interesting.

I don't get all uptight about flames like some do. Takes a little more than some typed words on some forum over the internet to get me riled.

I just hope that if someone has pulled it off already that they won't be afraid to let us know in this thread. I probably won't ask for details, unless someone wants to give them, but it would be nice to know if it's been at least proven possible.

i pirate games, i have over 170 copied psx games. have you heard of the program called irc? theres some xbox channels on it and theyre in the process of copying them. they said that the rumored release date is december 25th. they said that they would be ripping the movies to make space so it could fit in a cd-rw. (for those of you who dont know what ripping is, it means to take something out)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Piracy = Theft. If anyone pirates games, it hurts the gaming industry and ruins it for everyone else. Just buy the d a m n games! All of the hard work that goes into these games is ATLEAST worth my mere $50. And, if you really think about it, does a person enjoy a game more than if they stole it via piracy or do they appreciate the game more since they paid for it with their hard earned money. I believe in the latter.

I'm with VAN on this one, obviously.

Hey thanks Snoopy. I guess I'll have to reinstall Mirc, so I can see what the folks in those channels have to say. Should be interesting. I've got to think that Uncle Billy will have people all over this type of thing, so I'll be sure to be careful with what all "I" say. hehe

"for those of you who dont know what ripping is, it means to take something out"

hehe

Tell me you did not say dat!?,...........please tell me you did not just say dat!
    People who pirate games must die!!!

Time to katana cut some hoe's up in dis peace!

pirating games are not wrong.i think 50 bucks a game is too much to pay. why pay 50 bucks for one game when you can pay 50 bucks for like 10 games. pirating games do not kill a system. the playstation was like the most pirated game system, and it did really well. a ton of people pirated psx games and the developers still came out with a ton of good games. its the same as pirating music or programs. its like me saying: dont pirate music and programs, it only hurts the artists and programmers. but everyone does it anyway, i bet you everyone on the board pirates music by download mp3's and not buying them. so stop whining about pirating games.

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    why pay 50 bucks for one game when you can pay 50 bucks for like 10 games.
    Good point. I'll even add to your perspective.

Why pay 3 bucks for a loaf of bread when you can pay 3 bucks and stuff 10 loaves in your pants?

Why pay 20,000.00 for a new car when you can punch the salesman in the nose and drive away in the car?

Why pay 8 bucks for a movie ticket when you can run inside when the ticket taker isnt looking?

You are really onto something here, Snoopy.

I don't know why I've never thought of this before. I suppose I can quit my job today since theres no need for money anymore. Everything should be free!

Snoopy, you can't change my mind on this, dude. But, let's reason just for a moment. How is it not stealing if you decide to pirate a game because you don't want to pay $50 for it but still get it? LOL....I mean, dude...that's stealing. Seriously, how would you like it if you worked your ass off to produce a game and everyone got it for free? All of that hard work with no incentive at all. That just doesn't make good business sense.

All I know is that I am a Partner in my own company. And, like all businesses, I get screwed over, too...it's not a fun thing. My wife depends on me bringing home the bread, so to speak. I can't when people are screwing me over and it is no different for companies like Microsoft. Yes, they have a lot of money but they didn't get that way because everyone pirated their software.

There is no way to justify pirating games. It can only hurt an industry, not improve it. Now, I don't see any problem in backing up a game...to me, that's quite understandable...because nothing lasts forever including CDs. Everything turns green eventually But, to steal something is to not pay for it and if people are getting free games without Microsoft's approval, in this case, it's stealing. Now, if Microsoft chose to allow people to download free games off their website (www.xbox.com), then, that is their decision...but, I don't see it coming too soon.

Dude, just buy the games...people work hard for a living. $50 is a small price to pay for the entertainment value one gets out of their hard work into these games. I don't work for free and no one else should either.

you guys hae seemed to have forgotten that this is Microsoft we're talking about.

You may like Xbox since it has some great software/hardware, but you can't honestly say you have any respect whatsoever for them.

They're trying to monopolize the market and steal everyone's money, even if it means by producing ****ty products. (*cough* Windows ME *cough*)

I would feel no guilt whatsoever from making Microsofr lose a bit of money, especially since it's one of the largest companies in the world.

Originally posted by VAN

Good point. I'll even add to your perspective.

Why pay 3 bucks for a loaf of bread when you can pay 3 bucks and stuff 10 loaves in your pants?

Why pay 20,000.00 for a new car when you can punch the salesman in the nose and drive away in the car?

Why pay 8 bucks for a movie ticket when you can run inside when the ticket taker isnt looking?

You are really onto something here, Snoopy.

I don't know why I've never thought of this before. I suppose I can quit my job today since theres no need for money anymore. Everything should be free!
    I feel ya Van!

Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
    you guys hae seemed to have forgotten that this is Microsoft we're talking about.

You may like Xbox since it has some great software/hardware, but you can't honestly say you have any respect whatsoever for them.

They're trying to monopolize the market and steal everyone's money, even if it means by producing ****ty products. (*cough* Windows ME *cough*)

I would feel no guilt whatsoever from making Microsofr lose a bit of money, especially since it's one of the largest companies in the world.
    Heyyound...d a m n, you are a bold dude. Your response here has absolutely no merit for justification. Just because your crappy computer can't handle Windows ME doesn't mean that it is a bad OS. I have a buddy that uses Windows ME and he loves it! I mean, you have no right to complain about that one, dude. Let's say you decide to go out a purchase a brand new car but it cannot handle the various pot holes on your road. Do you now feel like it's justified to steal tires, parts, accessories, and car fresheners from the same dealership you bought the car from? You make no sense, dude. Reading your posts on these forums is a waste of eye radiation from this computer screen.

Originally posted by Maximus
    Snoopy, you can't change my mind on this, dude. But, let's reason just for a moment. How is it not stealing if you decide to pirate a game because you don't want to pay $50 for it but still get it? LOL....I mean, dude...that's stealing. Seriously, how would you like it if you worked your ass off to produce a game and everyone got it for free? All of that hard work with no incentive at all. That just doesn't make good business sense.

All I know is that I am a Partner in my own company. And, like all businesses, I get screwed over, too...it's not a fun thing. My wife depends on me bringing home the bread, so to speak. I can't when people are screwing me over and it is no different for companies like Microsoft. Yes, they have a lot of money but they didn't get that way because everyone pirated their software.

There is no way to justify pirating games. It can only hurt an industry, not improve it. Now, I don't see any problem in backing up a game...to me, that's quite understandable...because nothing lasts forever including CDs. Everything turns green eventually But, to steal something is to not pay for it and if people are getting free games without Microsoft's approval, in this case, it's stealing. Now, if Microsoft chose to allow people to download free games off their website (www.xbox.com), then, that is their decision...but, I don't see it coming too soon.

Dude, just buy the games...people work hard for a living. $50 is a small price to pay for the entertainment value one gets out of their hard work into these games. I don't work for free and no one else should either.
    you tell him maxi-pad-imus!!

Pirating is for losers and little kids.

I hope nobody EVER figures out how to pirate XBOX games.

If you think Microsoft is a monopoly and doesn't deserve your money then don't use their products. When enough people stop using Microsoft products then they will cease to be a monopoly.

If you think games aren't worth $50 then rent them. If you pay $50 for 10 games who gets that money? None of it goes to the developer.

Not EVERYONE downloads movies off the Internet. (For one thing, the quality is VERY poor.) I'll admit that I do download MP3s off the Internet but I do so to audition bands that I've never heard. When I find a song I like I will buy the disc (or sometimes every CD that band has released if I REALLY like them).

Besides, even if EVERYONE did something it doesn't make it right.
    Last edited by Hugh_Jass; 12-21-2001 at 12:37 PM.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

you tell him maxi-pad-imus!!
    lol..........................Ninja turtle

lol..........................Ninja turtle
    It's the least I could say my little side-kick
    Seriously and honestly, I agree with all your responses to these bone heads on this thread 100%
    Max, I think they "as people" just dont know any better.
    Like you said, their is no merit to what they are saying.
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 12-21-2001 at 12:40 PM.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

It's the least I could say my little side-kick
    Seriously and honestly, I agree with all your responses to these bone heads on this thread 100%
    Max, I think they "as people" just dont know any better.
    Like you said, the is no merit to what they are saying.
    You know, it's great to have a side kick like you, Ninja. Now, go grab me a beer, I'm thirsty

You know, it's great to have a side kick like you, Ninja. Now, go grab me a beer, I'm thirsty

D@mn Waximus!
    now you wanna take advantage of me cause im siding with my own little side kick? What gives slim?
    I got your beer alright little trooper, but I gotta get a massage from yo girl for all my super ninja troubles of dropping you off one of dem beers yo!

Thread Information