Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Copying Xbox games

I have Windows ME on my computer and haven't experienced a crash since I installed it. I know that a lot of people have difficulties with it and claim it is a buggy operating system but it's been very stable for me.
    Currently playing: Tony Hawk 3

ME also cost a measily $50 for an OS upgrade. Doesn't sound like they were trying to milk you out of your money when every other OS has been costing $80-100 for the upgrade.

I didn't like ME though and no one was putting a gun to my head saying I had to upgrade. I was using Win98 1st edition since it came out with no problems. Went to a dualboot with Win2k Pro and since XP came I have been running that solely. Very nice OS.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Frostberg

Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

I'm not the only one that thinks that M.E. is a piece of s.hit. Nearly everyone who's used it knows that it's complete garbage and does nothing aside from crash all day long. I have to admit that XP is really good (even though microsoft can see right into your computer with it), but Windows M.E. was just a stupid ploy to sell a s.hitty product and make more cash from consumers.

BTW, if my computer's too crappy for it, then there are very few people that would actually run it, since I'm on a Dell Pentium 4 w/ a Geforce 3....

So, your analogy about the tires is irrelevant.
    If you want to complain, might as well say a Dell computer is a waste of money. All they do is use cheap mobos and accessories and make a bundle just to call it a dell. Windows ME didnt really do much, but than again it was cheap like Lynxfx said. Win SE 2nd edition was still better. And I dont think advertising your video card will have any effect if your computer crashes or not. I dont think that its gonna be like "Sorry, Your video card cant handle the increased output to the monitor of Win ME!!"

Default Game Piracy

OK Folks:

Reading your comments to Game Piracy does give me a positve feeling about our nation's youth, but were not talking about the "Starving Kids of Africa" or "The War Povirshed Nations Fund". We are talking about the Richest Companines in the World. Do your homework.

"The Rcihest" - REDMOND, Wash. — Jan. 26, 2006 — Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $11.84 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2005

SONY reported a 122.6 Billion YEN Sales & Operationg Revenue, just from their GAME Division. That's $1,031,465,622.68 in case your wondering

Nintendo: Nintendo Reap Biggest Annual Profits Since 2001
    Posted by: Leigh Stringer at April 4, 2006 6:44:09 PM
    A weak yen combined with the massive popularity of the Nintendo DS portable in Japan have garnered $807 million of net income for the company for the financial year ending March 31.

Something tells me the majority of these postings are coming from young adults who do not pay for any of thier gaming, much less anything else.

I am trying to believe... Infraredragon's Avatar

I don't really have anything to add to this thread, except that I agree with what maximus said 5 years ago. Piracy is wrong.

I'm glad this got bumped, I'm inspired to become a much better member now because of it. We need more discussion like this.
    Hidden Content
    Infraredragon

Renegade of funk

Holy crap dude, you bumped a 5 year old thread.. why?

Half of the posters in this thread aren't even on this site anymore to defend their points.

Some have gone on and actually have lives now..................................

This is MY HOME

I'm against pirating games in circulation. I am not, however, against the pirating of older games no longer bieng printed. NES roms? yes please! they are impossible to find, and the developers aren't bieng hurt.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude222
    I'm against pirating games in circulation. I am not, however, against the pirating of older games no longer bieng printed. NES roms? yes please! they are impossible to find, and the developers aren't bieng hurt.

that argument may not fly anymore once the Wii comes with the virtual console games.

Who says you have to pay $50. Just buy used or "pre-played" games. You can get a buttload of games on the cheap if you're willing to wait a while and then get them used. If you're really worried about buying used games just ask the store clerk to see if can check if the disc works correctly. Besides, I'm pretty sure developers don't want to give away years of hard work for free, let alone the publishers.

Thread Information