Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What if Halo 2 sucked?

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Hypothetically, if Halo 2 actually sucked? Oh man...I would likely put my XBox back in it's box and retire from XBA...lol

But, we all know this won't happen, therefore, it won't suck
    Stop saying something bad about it or it will be for real !!
    Back into the world of gaming.

This is me if halo 2 sucked:
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH"

lol...Gotta love spamming.

But seriously, there's no way that this game will suck. Bungie has a huge hurdle to clear, and I'm confident that they'll do it and do it with flying colors, so to speak.

Halo 2 will rule all.

I've thought about it but from all the hype some people might get let down but i doubt it. Microsoft knows that they cant make it bad so they are giving bungie its time to do it. But to me Adding just xbox live is a deal to me. But with more maps, better graphics, more vehicles. It cant Suck

If this game sucks, then the balance of the universe will be completely thrown off it's hinges, and it will completely destroy the laws of the universe, also.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The release of Halo 2 will actually improve my life.... kinda wierd if you think about it

Now doesn' t this feel good to express the fears that may be inside of us all? This is helping me to relax and relieve my fears.

This is MY HOME

Default Mass Suicide.

By the sound of things on this board- It's the only answer that makes sense.

Put the controllers down, and bust out the Green robes and Kool-Aid.

I have to admit I'd be really disappointed, but like so many others have said, I really don't see how this game could possibly be bad. It would be pretty funny though- Kinda like if Lebron James turns out to be another Joe Smith.

Default Re: Mass Suicide.

Originally posted by Se7en
    By the sound of things on this board- It's the only answer that makes sense.

Put the controllers down, and bust out the Green robes and Kool-Aid.

I have to admit I'd be really disappointed, but like so many others have said, I really don't see how this game could possibly be bad. It would be pretty funny though- Kinda like if Lebron James turns out to be another Joe Smith.
    Great analogy.

This is MY HOME

OK I have to agree with you guys I don't really think there can be anyway for Halo 2 to be to awfully bad unless......riddled with bugs, lock ups, etc, but i figure they will surely be able to come up with at least a *couple* of people who wouldn't mind play testing it for free
    But in the back of my mind i keep hearing......brute force.....brute force.... and I wake up from terrible nightmares about overhyped games.

But don't worry i'll just pray to the dark lord bill that they get it right so i'm sure it will be awesome.

Originally posted by deadbolt
    OK I have to agree with you guys I don't really think there can be anyway for Halo 2 to be to awfully bad unless......riddled with bugs, lock ups, etc, but i figure they will surely be able to come up with at least a *couple* of people who wouldn't mind play testing it for free
    But in the back of my mind i keep hearing......brute force.....brute force.... and I wake up from terrible nightmares about overhyped games.

But don't worry i'll just pray to the dark lord bill that they get it right so i'm sure it will be awesome.
    You see , I knew there were other people who had similar fears to what I am suffering. You have had nightmares already. I have too. It's scary right? That's why I created this thread so that we can get it out and wait comfortably.

This is MY HOME

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Just wait and see.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Exactly!!!

I heard there will be a Flamethrower in Halo 2, cuz there is on in Halo PC. That'll be sick.

Originally posted by Diddy
    Exactly!!!

I heard there will be a Flamethrower in Halo 2, cuz there is on in Halo PC. That'll be sick.
    There's a flamethrower in Halo for xbox, it's there but it's not, I was in the maw one time and jumped out of the warthog for some reason, went down a hallway and it said "Press X to pick up flamethrower". I almost shat myself. The codec(sp) is in the game but the flamethrower itself is not actually there.
    EDIT: here's a video
    Last edited by Professor Kaos; 10-09-2003 at 04:33 PM.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Yeah i heard about that. But you have to have a "diffrent" xbox. It cant casue any dmg though which is pretty lame.

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

Originally posted by Playya

There's a flamethrower in Halo for xbox, it's there but it's not, I was in the maw one time and jumped out of the warthog for some reason, went down a hallway and it said "Press X to pick up flamethrower". I almost shat myself. The codec(sp) is in the game but the flamethrower itself is not actually there.
    EDIT: here's a video
    omg look at the guy with the flame thrower hes just sliding around

i wouldn't be surpriced if games like halo 2,fable were to be disappointing since too much hype isn't good plus Halo 2 comes from a good game not much to add besides live support and new weapon,veh
    icles
    Hidden Content I am GameFreak I already know that

Step one: Reseal the game
    Step two: get in car
    Step three: drive to store
    Step four: Return the game.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Default Re: Re: What if Halo 2 sucked?

Originally posted by jelgiad
    but seriously, i dont think anyone can help but wonder how well halo 2 is going to turn out
    Exactly. Its not a question of if it WILL be good or bad, but just how good. I personally feel it should be called 'Halo 1.5.' The core of the gameplay hasnt even been changed, just new levels, guns, vehicles, animations, and upped graphics. Which kicks ass, Im just saying this is more like a continuation of Halo than a sequel.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Re: What if Halo 2 sucked?

Originally posted by xbocks

Exactly. Its not a question of if it WILL be good or bad, but just how good. I personally feel it should be called 'Halo 1.5.' The core of the gameplay hasnt even been changed, just new levels, guns, vehicles, animations, and upped graphics. Which kicks ass, Im just saying this is more like a continuation of Halo than a sequel.
    No, halo 1.5 is the pc version. Have you not seen the new movies? There are huge changes w/ the warthogs. Marines can now drive. The atmosphere is totally changed. Besides with live capability its over. That right there makes it all worht the wait.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What if Halo 2 sucked?

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    No, halo 1.5 is the pc version.
    Not really. More like Halo 1.1. And like I said about Halo 2, the core gameplay is exactly the same. Do you really think that driving Marines are gonna go somewhere different every time you hop in? Please-their driving will be scripted. So its not THAT great, although it was a smart move. And yes I have seen the movies-by huge changes with the warthogs, I take it you mean bumpmapping and new guns? Those arent really THAT big of changes.

Thread Information