Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What if Halo 2 sucked?

I think Halo 2 is going to be EXACTLY like Halo plus a few minor changes...thats all. I dont think it will top its predecessor...

I think Halo 2 is going to be EXACTLY like Halo plus a few minor changes...thats all. I dont think it will top its predecessor...
    it will pass its predecessor cause it will be online

Originally posted by c_a_i_l_l_o_u

it will pass its predecessor cause it will be online
    no it will also pass because of its better graphics, more guns, more vehicles. Now halo the first time I played it gave me this funny feeling and my friend said it before I did, he said he felt as if he was high (but hes never been high). Thats what made it so great. Now the people who have never played Halo then play this game are in for a real treat. My friend said he'd wait to beat the game with me but he waited to long and every day I didn't go to his house and play that was like not doing drugs for some people on here (i dont do drugs).lol
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the sig

didnt read thru any post but if it does suck, consider the Xbox DOOMED

But that wont happen!
    jeepers Creepers Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those eyes. Hidden Content

Originally posted by xbocks
    Blasphemer!

This is MY HOME

Whoa, whoa whoa. When I said EXACTLY like Halo I meant gameplay wise...lol easy kids. NO **** the graphics will be better. No **** it will be online. I know it will have more guns and vehicles. Duh. All I'm saying is it will feel EXACTLY like Halo. Which is a good thing.

If it sucked then I'll play Deus Ex 2. It'll no doubt disappoint some people but not me. Heck I find Brute Force fun so this should blow me away.

Anyways the only reason why someone would find a game sucky is if they read a feature in the game and took it way out of context. Like Halo 2 will have destructable terrain just enough to make it noticable that there was a battle. Somewhere out there someone is going to expect to blow up an entire city block. Then they'll start to say it sucks because when they read about a feature they imagined something totally different.

But we all know Halo 2 will be the best game on Xbox. Heh, the other day I jokingly on LIVE said that the Halo 2 single-player will just be a bonus and the real game will be online like RtCW but some people did agree.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Whoa, whoa whoa. When I said EXACTLY like Halo I meant gameplay wise...lol easy kids. NO **** the graphics will be better. No **** it will be online. I know it will have more guns and vehicles. Duh. All I'm saying is it will feel EXACTLY like Halo. Which is a good thing.
    I thank you for your clarification. BTW do you know when Halo 2 is coming out?

This is MY HOME

Originally posted by t_howell

I thank you for your clarification. BTW do you know when Halo 2 is coming out?
    Who knows for sure. I heard some say that its possible in december and if that happens i will be happy, but the release date is march i think....april maybe?

They wouldnt make Halo2 suck because if Bungie did...Theyd be royally screwed when it comes to future games because screwin over xbox gamers of a quality game sequel will result in some mjor bad talking and nobody will ever buy anything from em.

Anyways yeah I heard the DEC thing but now that I heard indefinite its likely to come out as late as DEC-04

WHICH IT BETTER NOT BE THAT LONG!

oh I know but I dont know if it will be exactly the same unless you dont play halo untill halo 2 comes out then invite your friends over to play co-op on halo 2.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the sig

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
    They wouldnt make Halo2 suck because if Bungie did...Theyd be royally screwed when it comes to future games because screwin over xbox gamers of a quality game sequel will result in some mjor bad talking and nobody will ever buy anything from em.

Anyways yeah I heard the DEC thing but now that I heard indefinite its likely to come out as late as DEC-04

WHICH IT BETTER NOT BE THAT LONG!
    It will be...

Hey...has anybody heard any news on whether or not Co-Op will allow more than 2 people this time...I mean It should have a maximum of 4 not 2...

Hey...has anybody heard any news on whether or not Co-Op will allow more than 2 people this time...I mean It should have a maximum of 4 not 2...
    Sad to say that Bungie is keeping us in the dark about progress and features like id. This game had better be the awesomist game since.....I don't know. But yeah hopefully it'll be 4 people. It'll be cool if you can become those soldiers at the beginning of the E3 trailer (the ones putting on helmets in the drop ship that looks similar to the master chief. I think those are the shock troops mentioned in the book Fall of Reach.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Originally posted by Stormlord
    It'll be cool if you can become those soldiers at the beginning of the E3 trailer (the ones putting on helmets in the drop ship that looks similar to the master chief. I think those are the shock troops mentioned in the book Fall of Reach.
    Those are just Marines with battle armor. The shock troops you speak of deploy via airpods, one soldier to one pod-kinda like the Saber-Elites you saw at the end of that trailer.

I think there should be some ship to ship battle...I mean like in the book Fall Of Reach where the ship began to attack them and MC jumped off the ship with a thruster pack and landed abouad the enemy ship...and afterwards took it out. You should have some ship to ship battle and should be able to control dropships on bothsides of the war: Covenant and Human...But dont forget in the ending of the first Halo the enemies looked all super and different...like even the midgets had threatening weapons..LoL(Grunts)

Oh and is it just me...or should someone important die in this game? It has to happen.

I think there should be some ship to ship battle...I mean like in the book Fall Of Reach where the ship began to attack them and MC jumped off the ship with a thruster pack and landed abouad the enemy ship...and afterwards took it out. You should have some ship to ship battle and should be able to control dropships on bothsides of the war: Covenant and Human...But dont forget in the ending of the first Halo the enemies looked all super and different...like even the midgets had threatening weapons..LoL(Grunts)

Oh and is it just me...or should someone important die in this game? It has to happen.
    I saw an MG mounted in the Pelican in the E3 video, so you prolly can fly around in the dropship. In one of the first Halo 2 videos released Master Chief DOEs shoot off of a marine craft and it shows him floating towards a Covenant vessel in space, with the Earth in the background.

Oh yea that I remember...That reminds me of Fall Of Reach even more now...Cortana told him be careful not to miss...and he said I wont and dove...welll in the book there was a big deal about being careful to not miss and to get in before the plasma shields regenerate so yea the possibilities...how aesome...

Oh and another thing abou that demo E3 movie...Thos marines drove a little to well...They need to sloppy em up and have em make mistakes for a more real effect...Maybe go the wrong way or crash into something.

Oh yea that I remember...That reminds me of Fall Of Reach even more now...Cortana told him be careful not to miss...and he said I wont and dove...welll in the book there was a big deal about being careful to not miss and to get in before the plasma shields regenerate so yea the possibilities...how aesome...

Oh and another thing abou that demo E3 movie...Thos marines drove a little to well...They need to sloppy em up and have em make mistakes for a more real effect...Maybe go the wrong way or crash into something.
    Or have them run off cliffs, or over other marines...nobodies human! their paths looked to linear...Im not sure if the replay will be as big on the single player as it was in Halo...not if the AI does the same thing every time....Medal of Honor: Frontline, anyone?

Yea, marines arent perfect especially by far when Spartans make mistakes. The marines would round corners perectly and go straight to the edge of the cliff and drive straight along its edge.

I mean they gotta swrve they have to make mistakes....If marines dont make mistakes ill shoot them in the head and drive and wreck the hog myself.

I want enemies to attack different. I want there to be the easter eggs and tricks where you get out of the map or use vehicles you shouldnt be able to on a certain map.

Thread Information