Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IGN Crimson Skies Review...

Default New IGN Crimson Skies Review...

They gave it a 9.1! This game has not been given under a 9.

Linky Linky

Bah, only review that counts is XBA's review

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by Nick-XBA
    Bah, only review that counts is XBA's review
    Yeah..... We are talkin about the same site that gave NBA jam and Blinx a 4.5? j/k

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I read the entire review, mainly because the game is coming out tomorrow. One thing really bugged me about that review...the several references of Mechassault...that kinda worries me.

I thought the same thing about the MA references Max. I really hope that the single player mode in this game isn't too lacking. I still don't have XBL, and more than likely I won't get it for quite some time. Which sucks sometimes because some games that I really look forward to sometimes end up being geared more toward online play, and not so much single player, or even local multi-player. All in all though this game looks fantastic, and if I can track down a copy, I'll give it a spin soon.

I'm also kinda worried about the MA (and MM3) references, but I guess it was just to draw a comparison since all three are from Microsoft.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Member on the run

I guess that makes 4 of us! Damn I hope there's not that many similarities between the two!

Make it 5. My biggest worry since I bought MA (doh) was that Crimson would be like it, but in planes.

No matter, will be picking this up as soon as they pull 'em off the truck tomorrow. I've bought into the hype on this one, just hope I'm not disappointed.
    RIP Dave

I already expressed my worries about the similarites before the review, just from watching some videos of the gameplay.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Not sure if it means anything, but I have the original PC crimson skies and it was a lot of fun on the PC. It's definantly not a flight sim which is what you mainly see on the PC, but when the PC version came out the first thing I thought of was "This would be great on the console"
    The storyline is pretty cool and the graphics are really nice. It feels like your in a movie sometimes and the missions were a lot of fun. If this new Xbox version is anything like the PC version then it should be fun. It will be interesting to see what kind of missions they have for Live, but it sounds cool.

Talking

Ya. I hear they remade the whole game, pretty much anyway. I hope it comes to Canada tomorrow. I can't wait.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

This weekend i get paid for 6 weeks of twiddling my thumbs...."work".....

I'm thinking I can spend 50 of it on a game......now.....I just gotta choose between Crimson Skies or Rainbow 6: 3.....

Originally posted by Fosho
    This weekend i get paid for 6 weeks of twiddling my thumbs...."work".....

I'm thinking I can spend 50 of it on a game......now.....I just gotta choose between Crimson Skies or Rainbow 6: 3.....
    I was in the same dilemna, but I realized CSkies is the better bet. But go with what you want to.

The PSKT is for...

I'm still on the fence with this one...

(See MA comparisons)

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

I didn't like MA. So hopefully this isn't near that game.

Starving College Student

i loved rogue squadron 1 and 2
    i loved crimon skies on pc
    i kinda liked mechassault

so yeh.
    im picking this up this week definitely.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I don't know what you all are talking about, MA is awesome. But either way, I don't want a MA in the skies. I want a dogfighting, barrel rolling, watch out for the AA gun, 16 player death match with no ground beneath our feat! Gonna pick this one up for sure. It did come out today, didn't it?

Starving College Student

Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
    I don't know what you all are talking about, MA is awesome. But either way, I don't want a MA in the skies. I want a dogfighting, barrel rolling, watch out for the AA gun, 16 player death match with no ground beneath our feat! Gonna pick this one up for sure. It did come out today, didn't it?
    i called my EB yesterday and they said they wouldnt get it till the 26th...but the lady on the phone sounded kinda retarded and i was pretty sure she was wrong so i called back today and a guy answered and said it'd be here tomorrow...and he didnt sound like a moron(*gasp*)
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Did you guys also notice that in the review from IGN that the reviewer didn't portray his excitement that well? And, at the same time gave it a 91/100?

This still confuses the hell out of me. Kraft wrote a much better review, IMO... One doesn't have to play the game to realize this review was pretty lackluster.

I think Skoal made a great point, though. Since Mechassault is also a Microsoft Studios game, that's likely why they made the comparisons. Personally, I was initially more worried that Crimson Skies was more like Bloodwake, but in the air.

Regardless, I'm getting this game...but, I may not get it the very day it comes out. Fortunately, I have a brother-in-law that works for Microsoft and he can get me a company discount. I may as well as save $30 by waiting a few days.

Mechassault is good but what it lacked was the lobby at first which cause alot of people to sell the game. Otherwise i thought the game was cool but ghost recon took up alot of my time back then.

Thread Information