Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New IGN Crimson Skies Review...

Starving College Student

i'm also getting mixed messages about lag...all other impressions from "less reputable" sites say lag is nonexistant..IGN says lag-free games are nonexistant..

which is it.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Well, Koopa...that's a great question....but, if you think about it, it's all about how the game is designed.

Take the first Ghost Recon as an example. I can host 16 dudes on there and have minimal lag issues...but, with Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, I can only host as much as 10 and have many spurts of lag...sometimes lasting as long as several seconds.

But, on the other hand, take a game like Moto GP and Moto GP2 where lag is extremely minimal to non-existent. I can host 16 guys on that and everyone is fine.

Hopefully Crimson Skies is similar to Moto GP in that regard. Know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pro when it comes to why certain games may lag compared to others...but, I do know the outcome once I shove the disc in my XBox and host some games up.

Crimson Skies is not Mechassault.

There I said it. Feels good.

MA wasn't that bad, but I sold it after playing on Live once because of the stupid lobby. Amazing how such a stupid little lack of a feature can ruin a game completely.

But anyway, I'll repeat this because I know more people will jump in saying "MA references scare me about this game" and say again: Crimson Skies is NOT Mechassault.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
    Crimson Skies is not Mechassault.

There I said it. Feels good.

MA wasn't that bad, but I sold it after playing on Live once because of the stupid lobby. Amazing how such a stupid little lack of a feature can ruin a game completely.

But anyway, I'll repeat this because I know more people will jump in saying "MA references scare me about this game" and say again: Crimson Skies is NOT Mechassault.
    all these MA references scare me. i hope this game doesnt turn into mechassault.

Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Talking

Originally posted by Koopa

all these MA references scare me. i hope this game doesnt turn into mechassault.

LOL! It won't.

haha this game sux monkey balls
    XBC: Soulhaloty
    The Soul Clan Leader
    The Soul Clan Forum Administrator
    http://thesoulclan.tk
    XBL: Soulhaloty

Originally posted by Koopa

Some one step on this turtle.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

that's actually a bad thing...... infact I hope this game is JUST LIKE mechassault....

because most of you have NO CLUE about what you're saying since you don't even have the game anymore...

for those that do, they would know that mechassault is probably the only LAUNCH XBL title that still has a huge userbase of original players..

Not only that, but people who have stuck with MA have been rewarded over and over and over...

Not only have there been 14 (i believe) d/l content updates, including whole new maps and mechs, but also an added lobby and talk icons.

the game is a complete package, and the only game on LIVE that has thus far received such great support.

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by borka105
    that's actually a bad thing...... infact I hope this game is JUST LIKE mechassault....

because most of you have NO CLUE about what you're saying since you don't even have the game anymore...

for those that do, they would know that mechassault is probably the only LAUNCH XBL title that still has a huge userbase of original players..

Not only that, but people who have stuck with MA have been rewarded over and over and over...

Not only have there been 14 (i believe) d/l content updates, including whole new maps and mechs, but also an added lobby and talk icons.

the game is a complete package, and the only game on LIVE that has thus far received such great support.

-borka105
    Man, I couldn't have said it better. I love MA, even offline. But none of my boys will play it with me no more, "You never give us a chance" blah, blah, whine, whine. Gaming aint about giving chances, you know. If you pick up that controller, and I'm on the other end, YOU'RE DEAD, plain and simple. Nah, big head aside, I just hope Crimson Skies lives up to the hype that I have so willingly giving into.

^
    That right there is one of the reasons I don't play Mech Assault anymore. Poeple on there are OBSESSED with rankings and personal glory so to speak. Doesn't seem like anyone is there to have fun with a few poeple. They just want to trash someone to make themself feel cooler. Well, that's what I get from it anyway. I also think that the type of gameplay involved is one of the main contributors to this mentality.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Just got done playing it, and it doesnt remind me of MechAssault(which I also own) at all. It reminds me alot more of Bloodwake than anything else. The only difference is that Crimson Skies is not totally bland and you're in a plane instead of a boat.

I'd be surprised if some of the guys that worked on Bloodwake werent on this team. Now, I know what you're thinking "ew, Bloodwake". But this is like all the good parts of Bloodwake w/ the bad parts VASTLY improved.
    your vision, our vision...ColecoVision.

"I think you're extremely suggestible and prone to magical thinking."

Thread Information