Thread: Most underrated game that is overrated

Default Most underrated game that is overrated

You know those games...with all the hype and when they finally come out people hate it and its not what they expect ...you decide not to get it and then find it on the store shelf for 20 bucks 6 months later and decide to take a shot at it ... you play it and find out its an excellent game...thus the question i ask...what's the most underrated game that was overrated...ill say dead to rights...i thought it would be average but it really is a great game.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Azurik !!!

Nope...hmm....
    Back into the world of gaming.

Brute Force. I never even really heard of it so when i played it I thought it was pretty cool. Not worth a buy as i beat it while renting, but still fun and solid.

i agree...brute force should be a platinum hit... not worth 50 bucks..but definitly a must buy at 20.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Cry

Originally posted by CarGuy
    Brute Force. I never even really heard of it so when i played it I thought it was pretty cool. Not worth a buy as i beat it while renting, but still fun and solid.
    Perfect example of a game squashed by hype, CarGuy. However, I don't agree w/ you 100%. I bought the game and still enjoy it. While it lacks Live support ( ), I'm surprised more people don't play it on XBC.

Astounding, really. Multiplayer is a lot of fun and highly addictive.

On the flipside, Enter the Matrix was a heap of cold, moldy rhino crap and sold a gagillion copies.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

definitly matrix...just cause a movies good...brute force i completly forgot about to..i got it for 18 anyways so :P

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by thrAsher
    I'm surprised more people don't play it on XBC.

Sadly, XBConnect doesn't run the game very well for some reason. It's very slow...and, nearly unplayable.

Too bad, too...I know for a fact I would play a lot if it worked well on XBC.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Im an idiot and dont understand the question...underrated game that is overrated? Doesn't make sence to me...but then again, im dumb.

I enjoyed Enter The Matrix. I enjoyed it more then Brute Force and I was excited about Brute Force. Boy what a let down.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Time

I don't remember how hyped Indiana Jones was (it is Lucasarts so it must have had some money behind it) but it seems the title came and went.

I picked this up used last week and CAN'T believe how great the game is

I think it's a must have game but no one talks about it
    HDTV widescreen + Xbox + 5.1 Surround = Love!

Brute Force was definitely overhyped. It was a big letdown for me.

I thought Bloodwake was a good game, though. Most people hated it.

ChromaticStudios.net AloneInTheDark's Avatar

Well the question didn't make too much sense, but anyways. I would have to say Soldier of Fortune 2. A lot of people were real excited about it, and then all the reviews said how much it sucked. I got into it alot online, and it was awesome.

I ain't got next to nothing on my mind.
    I'll be alright when I see you right after five.
    I don't got to lie.
    Baby we can go get hi-igh
    RIP DZ RIP DZ

brute force sucked. it was on the original halo disc as one of the game previes when it came out and the stupid game didnt come out until this year. that game was so overrated and had no chance of living up to the hype. it was a 3rd person, online lacking, pea shooter. very disappointing.

Thread Information