Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need 4 Speed Underground is Awesome!

ill rent it first before i buy
    hopefully it will be good

i played the pc demo for NFU and i thought it rocked. hot pursuit 2 was a awsome game.so im sure ill like this one as well.

Clash Member

I played the demo on PC and didn't enjoy it.

One more day...i cant wait
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

The Heavenly Addict!!!

No online play no purchase. I'll get an online racer before this. They had some rep on G4 and that Scott dude asked him:

The Xbox version is not online. How do you think that sits with Xbox owners?

Ea's reply: Buy an online version.

Ya, **** you EA!!!

I heard that all the races look the same i.e. wet and at night. No thanks, PGR2 is more than enough racer for me.

This is MY HOME

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

I have always liked the nfs series. The last game i played was hot pursuit and i loved that game to death on my ps1. I'll proabably pick this one up for pc.

Best Racegame ever
    You can do everything with your car
    Great hehehe
    Greetingzzz neosoft6666

I just came home from buying NFSU. All i gotta say is OMG. This game is so damn awsome. I'd lost to say some stuff about it but im going play.

2 Q's for you.
    1.how is the frame rate.
    2.and how doe's the control's handle.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by RagunCajun
    I just came home from buying NFSU. All i gotta say is OMG. This game is so damn awsome. I'd lost to say some stuff about it but im going play.

I heard this game has tons of customizing. How in depth is it?
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Its out? Holy ****! Later, be back in 20!

Originally posted by TRINITY-6
    2 Q's for you.
    1.how is the frame rate.
    2.and how doe's the control's handle.
    I'll let ya know about the frame late after i play some more...i kinda fell alseep after i made my previous post. So i didnt get to play more. The controls are VERY solid. the throttle and both brakes are presure sensitive. It's repsonsive also. On dift mode, the car handles great and control isnt a problem once u get the hang of it.

Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
    I heard this game has tons of customizing. How in depth is it?
    There is alot of customizing. You can get NOS, rims, tires, lowering kits, body kits, exaust, drivetrain upgrades, window tint, vinal decals, consumer decals(OZ racing, Punch, ismo etc), and much more. You can change the color of most thing to w/e the heck u want. When you unprage you can see how it would effect the vechiels performance before you buy.

As for the depth of the game, i cant say yet. I will update you on the "Go Underground" mode....story mode in other words. There are only about 6-7 cars out of the 20 available, 1 track in each catagory at the start. But hey, thats how it should be. You should have to EARN tracks and cars. for this, i am greatful. like i said, updates on this game are to come......keep in mind, i have the PS2 version so i can play online. But it shouldnt matter. Even though it's PS2, the graphics are freakin awsome. The vehicle you are driving is so detailed. Every light reflects off it. It looks as if the vechiles u drive were wash, waxed and detailed.

If yall have any questions, just ask away. I'll answer them if i can.

*edit*

I've just finished playing about an hour of the game in Go Underground(ima use "UG" for short) mode. All i can say is wow. The story line isnt really in depth. You just go with what there is available, not really a choice, but u can chose which races to enter. Sooner or later, you have to do all of them. The first time i went into UG mode i was about to enter my first race. Well i looked at the top of the screen after i completed it. It said 1/111. That's right. Over 100 races in UG mode. That's a lot of time to make ya car "bling." After playing for that hour i unlocked come option parts. I put body kits, rims, neons, paint, tint, engine mods, exaust mods, and some other stuff. You cant access everything because its locked and u need to progress more....but thats how it should be . I didnt even see close to 1/5 of the goodies yet hehe. Oh i almost forgot to mention. When you win races, you get $ according to how hard the difficulty u select before. After moding my civic i went test it out on the tracks in free ride. Thats right, you can ride around on the tracks and pic how much traffic you want, u can turn it off too. I nailed the gas and right away i could tell that those goodies made a difference in my car. The shift kit even made my car shift better. My exaust made my car sound different just like in real life.

The sound track is pretty damn god too. Has some rap and rock. It goes well with the game. Also the frame rate is nice and doesnt mess up. The controlers could be slightly better but it isnt a problem at all. The cars respond very very well to the controler imput.
    Last edited by RagunCajun; 11-19-2003 at 11:57 PM.

Thread Information