Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Skies,Any Faults?

The Steel Tormentor Matt Freegard's Avatar

Question Crimson Skies,Any Faults?

My Xbox is away being repaired so I've got time to reflect on the upcoming games coming out and Crimson Skies comes out in a week in the UK and I know that you guys already own it so how good is it?

Apart from about 1000 dirty disk read errors(hence my xbox getting repaired),I've had problems with crap games like RAW2 so I need to know for sure if Crimson Skies doesn't have any obvious flaws that spoil the game,like recuring pins!
    Hidden Content

Favre,living legend!

Only flaw i can think of is I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET!!

Okay...thanx for bumping by the way cause I'm sickof buying bug invested games!
    Hidden Content

Favre,living legend!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Didn't have a chance to play it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

heard online play was amazing and lag free!!

Note: Everyone who has Crimson Skies is busy playing it.

Also, you can check out the review section of XBA for members reviews/thoughts on the game. Staff too!
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Absolutely no complaints here. Online is stellar, "system link" works flawlessly and the single player is way cool and I'm not really a fan of story driven games but it sucks you in and it's free roam (ala GTA) unless you want to do a mission. This is how good it is, the only thing I thought was weird was you were given a name in system link instead of picking your own name. That's it. Just get it, you won't be disappointed IMO.

Proud owner of 11 X Boxes and 2 360s

Never let it be said, I didn't do the least I could do.

From what I've heard, this game is awesome. I plan on getting it later this week. I need to work some more hours, I'm always broke.

Its really a solid title. The graphics are some of the smoothest available. Check out the Chicago level. Great use of AA. The only thing really missing is custom soundtracks which is a real big question mark???

My sig should tell you I love it.No lag on XBL eather.

MY only complaint is that I wish there were more online levels available now (but there should be in like 3-4 months). Some people are put off that teh game doesn't offer a 1st person (****pit) mode, but it's not meant to be a flight simulation game so I think third person view fits it well.

My only complaint so far is with the lobby/voice communication on XBL. Granted, this is only my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me. However, I guess I'll always prefer the way communication is handled in GR.

The CS lobby is very similar to MotoGP. My biggest complaint with both games is that multiple people can talk at once, which can make it very difficult to carry on conversations, especially in public games where you will always find one or two people that just love the sound of their own voice. It's just as bad in the solo games when everyone is talking at once. However, from what I've seen so far, it's not as much of a problem in the team games as most everyone is trying to strategize. On a related note, I wish they would have provided a means to show who is talking during the game, but I guess that would be difficult when everyone is talking at once.

All that being said, this is only a minor complaint when compared to all of the good things this game offers. It has an great single player mode and excellent online play on XBL with absolutely no lag. Throw in great graphics and sound and you have a top notch Xbox game. Definitely a must buy.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Okay I think I'll be picking this up as soon as Micro re-deliver my xbox.

Hidden Content

Favre,living legend!

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

just because planes arent warping and there isnt slowdown doesnt mean that crimson skies is lag-free

have you ever flown through the flag, chicken, health and it taken 2-3 seconds for it to register.....THATS LAG!!!!

there is a rumor that MS integrated its own lag to allow people to host 16 man games, but the delay is horrible......

cant believe nobody else recognizes that $hit

crimson is goin back....the game is smooth, but there is definite lag....

the thing i hate most of all is flying head on with someone and unloading, then after we've passed each other, i start smoking, catch fire, then die....

Originally posted by silvertrace
    just because planes arent warping and there isnt slowdown doesnt mean that crimson skies is lag-free

have you ever flown through the flag, chicken, health and it taken 2-3 seconds for it to register.....THATS LAG!!!!

there is a rumor that MS integrated its own lag to allow people to host 16 man games, but the delay is horrible......

the thing i hate most of all is flying head on with someone and unloading, then after we've passed each other, i start smoking, catch fire, then die....

I have noticed this and have mentioned it to Jafo, but he doesn't see it either, maybe cuz he's always hosting. You're right though, between the voice and then shooting someone to find out you're dead, it is hella annoying, I have already contemplated what I'll be doing with this once RS3 hits the shelves on Wednesday.

Actually Silver, I haven't experienced any of that yet, but I've only been in a handfull of games and all had 4 stars on the connection rating. I'll have to check it out tonight.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Originally posted by Casper-XBA

I have already contemplated what I'll be doing with this once RS3 hits the shelves on Wednesday.

can you say trade-in value $25

i'm extremely disappointed, i was fooled into getting this title....

i was promised 16 man lagless games.....the star system(*) to search for games isnt accurate either....i've seen a 4 * game go to 1 *..........guess the kid sent an IM and poof......

oh well.......at least i have my espn sports........

bball and football own......... add me if you wanna get a game

Member on the run

I've yet to go on Live with this game. There's really that bad of lag I've been enjoying the single player too much (still trying to beat the game).

oh well.......at least i have my espn sports........

bball and football own......... add me if you wanna get a game
    Is hoops better than last year? If so, I'm on it. The trade iin value blows, I think I'm gonna have to do something about that.....

the game will play smooth thats not the issue......

its the delay...which all online gamers will tell you is probably more frustrating

compare this to GR........you get into a game and it runs smooth, not a hiccup........but u turn your gun at the ground and fire a test shot and it takes 2-3 seconds for it to hit the ground....

LAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...........gotta get out of the game......

well guess what, thats every server in Crimson Skies.......

welcome to hell b1tch!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information