Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BattleToads

Default BattleToads

Considering the big M has aquired Rare, you think there is any chance of us seeing a new Battletoads game in the near future. I would love to get back into so butt kickin action with my favorite toad.

Also on another side note. Has anyone ever beaten the original.

From this review I read it sounds impossible. Oh yeah this review is quite humorous

http://www.i-mockery.com/classicgame...console&ID=758
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

Member on the run

God I hope not, Battletoads was essentially a rip off of TMNT, and the game was a rip-off of another game (I can't remember what it was called now), but I'd pass either way.

What??

Battletoads was a rip off of nothing? Granted it was a beat em up, but so many of the games elements where original. The swinging ropes, the speed bikes, the snake pit. How the heck can you fathum this game being a rip off. I would LOVE a new Battletoads game. I still play the original on NES.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I think the game had its own originality, at least in the NES incarnation. The SNES version wasn't that great overall and I just don't know if the Battletoads have the sustained appeal that say the Ninja Turtles have. I mean you can cook up a new Turtles game and you'll likely have a decent sized audience gravitate towards it, but BT has been outta the gaming world so long, I just don't know if a new version would be popular. I actually don't think a new version is warranted, but eh I could be wrong.

WHAM! TAKE THAT YOU ****ING BATTLE TOAD! WHAM! AND THAT TOO! WHAM! I ****ING HATE YOU BATTLE TOAD! WHAM! OH YOU WANT MORE? WHAM! BRING IT ON ****ER! WHAM! THERE'S GONNA BE NOTHING LEFT WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU! WHAM! SCREAM FOR ME *****! WHAM! WHAT'S MY NAME? WHAM! **** THIS GAME! Click.

Congratulations. Battle Toads has just made you its *****. How's it feel?

lol I remember this level. I sat there one day and tried to beat this for hours before I got ****ed off and threw my controller at the wall, thus breaking my controller into little tiny controller pieces. Makes me want to get out the good ol' NES and give er another shot.................. or not

Edit- Wow that profanity blocker works well doesn't it ?
    Last edited by SiGuy; 10-29-2003 at 02:22 PM.

Member on the run

Well, I don't remember which version I played, but I remember I got bored with it very quickly and thought it was a ripoff of previous games, so it very well could have been the SNES version.

that was too funny

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Anyway, the old classic are funny to play but it way to short...
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    Anyway, the old classic are funny to play but it way to short...
    You beat BattleToads? You must be some sort of god.
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

not a fanboy

They'ed better make another Battle Toads.

I loved BT and Double Dragons.

I remember this game, I had it on Sega Genisis though. Never beat that third level...

Battletoads was freakin awsome. When i was little i played the hell out of it. And yeah, it was HARD as hell. I was able to beat every level execpt one. The level i cant beat was the one where u hold on to a wheel scooter thingy and u went left, right, up and down and every thing in between. There was no way i could escape that ball. I used game genie to skip that level and i beat the levels after it w/o cheats. The 2nd to last level i think it was was soooo damn hard. U spin arond a cylinder and worked your way to the top....it was so hard cuz u could fall off and die. But damn it was fun. Oh yeah, it was 2 players!!!!
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

I beat it. It wuz hella fun and another reincarnation would get my fifty hard earned cash right out of the gate. Hands down. No matter the reviews. Holla!
    Flash: Im the fastest man alive!
    Hawkeye: So that's why you cant get a date.
    Flash: ya......hey wait a minute!
    Hidden Content

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by Fanboy5000
    They'ed better make another Battle Toads.

I loved BT and Double Dragons.
    Right on, DD and BT are on of my favorite nes titles. I must have beated DD a million times but i had to do the two player life trick where you kill the second player and get his lives.

Bring back Battletoads and Streets of Rage.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Streets of Rage is still the best!

If TMNT sells well, I wouldn't be suprised to see updates of SoR, Final Fight, Battletoads, and any others I can't think of right now. Oh wait, Golden Axe. That game was so much fun. I would hope for that one before any others.

haha i remember that game, wayyyy back in the day when i first got my old nintendo system lol, ahh good times. I dont like those arcadie type games tho for xbox

I have Battletoads ROM and the Genesis Emulator on my PC. I love Battletoads, you think they could make it for Xbox? That would be REALLY NICE! For Genesis Roms go to www.edgeemu.com Register (FREE Registeration) ANd download over 3000 Genesis ROMS, (There is More than that) ! I love old stuff!
    Leo

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!!!! I POST ABOUT EMULATION AND IT GETS CLOSED, THIS MUTHER****ER POSTS ABOUT EMULATION AND NOTHING HAPPENS! THAT IS JUST ****ED UP...
    "Keep your head up and your hatchet high..."

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by spectre187
    WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!!!! I POST ABOUT EMULATION AND IT GETS CLOSED, THIS MUTHER****ER POSTS ABOUT EMULATION AND NOTHING HAPPENS! THAT IS JUST ****ED UP...
    Calm down, go buy your midol and drink some warm milk. This thread will probably get closed but no need for you pantys to be in a bundle. Oh and dont be suprised. Its Leo, who knows all the halo 2 release dates

Thread Information