Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 wishes

Default Halo 2 wishes

These are a few of the things I think should be in halo2.

1) More than on team in multiplayer.
    2) Custom maps, ones players coudl design.
    3) More than 16 players per game but only possiable on bigger maps.
    4) Bots, like in perfect dark.
    5) different characters, like one that is taller and better aim, or one that is shorter and faster than the normal guy. Or a guy that can jump a little higher, the possiabilities are endless.

Add your ideas.

MeDjai-XBC

ok

Well in an interview a Bungie rep said they were about 90 percent done w/ the game (not including testing), so I think what we say won't have much affect on the game... but who knows...

Default Re: Halo 2 wishes

Originally posted by scottie924
    These are a few of the things I think should be in halo2.
    1) More than on team in multiplayer.
    There is more than one team in multiplayer .

there arent going to be custom maps, because this is a console game, and they are never EVER that customizable. Halo PC is going to have new maps coming out of the woodwork, and maybe if some are good enough, there could be an expansion of the original made.

About having bots, I think thats a bad idea, because bots follow paths, they dont run freely like AI in Halo. I think there should be an 'instant skirmish' mode that puts you on a multiplayer map with about 30-50 AI marines, and about 50 covenant opponents.

There should be more huge battles, like at the end of 'Two Betrayals' on Legendary. There should be more vehicles, more times to use the tank, better marine AI, and hopefully theyll pull off the whole 'marines driving vehicles' thing. I dont want scripted battles like in the MOH series...

I agree, No bots...

Also some new vehicles would be great too...

an interview w/ Ed Fries says mutliplayer information will be released sometime this year...

Originally posted by Chumley
    I agree, No bots...

Also some new vehicles would be great too...

an interview w/ Ed Fries says mutliplayer information will be released sometime this year...
    Where'd you get that avatar? shweetness...

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

I haven't seen that avatar anywhere so he probly made it... anyways theres alot more wishlist posts on other sites, here's one with a bunch of good ideas: http://halo2ownsit.proboards23.com/i...num=1066958449
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

wait, the game is 90% done?! So if they hurry they could release it sooner than the release date of April. I would want it to have more vehicles, new and cooler weapons, bots, maps, and tons of multiplayer modes on XBOX LIVE

when you think about, there is only one thing wrong with the first Halo-too little of it...In Halo 2 there only needs to be...more guns, levels, vehicles, types of enemies, types of friendlies, big battles, and multiplayer options.

wait, the game is 90% done?! So if they hurry they could release it sooner than the release date of April.
    The game might be 90% done but the last 10% is probably fixing bugs and detail which could take a long time to find and fix the bugs. They don't want to release a game with a lot of bugs.

Do you think there will be cheat codes in this game? I hope not.

I think it would be cool to have more than 2 teams, around 3-4 teams for huge games.

That would be sweet and then for ctf with 4 teams you would need all the flags to score,

It would be like the game Battle Tanks for N64 where there was 4 teams and you had to collect all the heads of that lady.

Man Battle Tanks was a great game.

Yes, the last ten percent is always the longest... Testing, debugging, testing, more testing... and we know how bungie likes their games downright perfect...

I just want it now!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I doubt that Bungie is going to change much of the premise of Halo 2 compared to Halo. It's just going to be bigger, have a bunch more vehicles, more weapons, likely more multi-player maps, and more options...but, I doubt they would ever consider having other playable characters other than the Master Chief. I, honestly, hate the idea of using different characters with different abilities. I like it "even steven"...if they have someone look different and not have different abilities, that would be fine...but, even that would bug me.

Halo is the best damn game ever created. Period. Halo 2 will be even bigger!

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    I doubt that Bungie is going to change much of the premise of Halo 2 compared to Halo. It's just going to be bigger, have a bunch more vehicles, more weapons, likely more multi-player maps, and more options...but, I doubt they would ever consider having other playable characters other than the Master Chief. I, honestly, hate the idea of using different characters with different abilities. I like it "even steven"...if they have someone look different and not have different abilities, that would be fine...but, even that would bug me.

Halo is the best damn game ever created. Period. Halo 2 will be even bigger!
    This man is exactly right on... Don't try to do too much w/ halo... Its simplicity is another factor that makes it so good...

This man is exactly right on... Don't try to do too much w/ halo... Its simplicity is another factor that makes it so good...
    Exactly, man...why change an incredibly good thing?

Yes, the story is going to continue...and will be sweet! I'll likely play through the Campaign a dozen or so times, but, I'll be on multi-player far more than anything else.

It's really funny, too...Bungie had no idea how incredibly popular the multi-player maps were going to be...and even with that mentality, they created some amazing maps and placed certain weapons in the perfect of places! I mean, imagine playing Blood Gulch CTF and instead of having the rocket launcher where it's currently at, imagine it was a Sniper or pistol! The map would be dramatically different and far less tactical that way.

The dudes over at Bungie are incredibly talented, of course...and they are going to deliver an amazing sequel to the best damn game ever created. In a strange way, Halo 2 is actually going to improve my quality of life

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Exactly, man...why change an incredibly good thing?

Yes, the story is going to continue...and will be sweet! I'll likely play through the Campaign a dozen or so times, but, I'll be on multi-player far more than anything else.

It's really funny, too...Bungie had no idea how incredibly popular the multi-player maps were going to be...and even with that mentality, they created some amazing maps and placed certain weapons in the perfect of places! I mean, imagine playing Blood Gulch CTF and instead of having the rocket launcher where it's currently at, imagine it was a Sniper or pistol! The map would be dramatically different and far less tactical that way.

The dudes over at Bungie are incredibly talented, of course...and they are going to deliver an amazing sequel to the best damn game ever created. In a strange way, Halo 2 is actually going to improve my quality of life

Thats another thing that makes halo so good... the story... You can all call me a geek, but I have both books and have the next Halo book preorderd (due Dec. 18)

I mean the single player story really kept me compelled and playing til the wee hours of the next day... Is there really any other FPS's out there that have such a compelling story line?

Thats another thing that makes halo so good... the story... You can all call me a geek, but I have both books and have the next Halo book preorderd (due Dec. 18)

I mean the single player story really kept me compelled and playing til the wee hours of the next day... Is there really any other FPS's out there that have such a compelling story line?
    Dude, I don't think it's geeky to have read the first book. It's actually a very high quality book. I read it myself, too...and there are tons of dudes on here that have, too. So seriously, man...don't feel like you're in the minority...you're here with a bunch of dudes that are into the same thing that you are! You're an Addict!!!

Thread Information