Thread: gamefly?

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

Default gamefly?

If any of you guys rent games... I recommend this site. www.gamefly.com... it's just like netflix if any of you guys use that for DVDs... When i had xbox, i always rented xbox games from blockbuster, and traded them online to other people... this site is really cool, and my brother's using it now.
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

i will just stick to Hollywood video

and i will stick to blockbuster. The whole idea seems to complicated, you order it online, they ship it to you in the next couple of days, etc. I would rather just go to a store and get it.

I'm with George and Mitch. I used another site about a year ago (don't even remeber the name) and the good games were ALWAYS on backorder. So, they send you you your 3rd or 4th choice. It was okay, but I think I was paying like $13 a month. Way too much for games I could have gone without playing.

I just have my family save the $.99 coupons from Hollywood Vidieo they get in the mail and get 5 days for under a buck! Can't even eat at Taco Bell for that!

Ia m trying it right now and have recieved my first rentals. In am about done with one of them which I am going to send back for a new game. So far it has been pretty good ... i set up abuot 40 games in my rental queue (including games that haven't been released yet) and recieved the first games in about 3 days. The service costs $21 a month. The way I see it ... if this keeps me from buying one game a month because I can rent it and either beat it or decide I don't like it then it is worth it. I will give a review of the rest of the process in a few weeks.
    Take your gaming to the Next Level. Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

DZ ... Thanks for all the good times. You will be missed.

I wish Netflix included game rentals in thier 20/month deal. That would ROCK.

Fidelis Ad Mortem ScottTheKilla's Avatar

Ive been using gamefly for awhile now and Im very happy with them. I always time it just right so I get all the new releases as they come out. Ya I have a blockbuster near me too but the selection is poor and its way too expensive to rent from them. Las time I went there it was like $4-$6 a game for a 2 or 3 day rental. I save money and get what I want with gamefly. I just have to wait a few extra days is all. I can live with that.

Oh ya the other cool part is that you can buy games from them cheap. You can even click the button "keep it" on a game you currently have rented out and you can own it that way too. Pretty decent prices for games that hardly have any scratches on them especially if you get the newer ones.

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

yeah see that's what i'm saying... with blockbuster, you can't rent a game like azurik and play it for three weeks straight and beat it... and a game like that, you won't want to play for another year or two...

games like Mad Dash Racing, Blinx, and games that got good reviews, but you have a feeling they just might suck.. you can play sort of an extended demo.... and if you like it.. just keep it, and pay the $30... or just keep it and be renting games one at a time until you don't play it anymore, and when you decide you want to play it again... just qeue it up.

It's a great process... most people that use netflix and gamefly are piraters, because they rent, copy, return... and in a completely undetectable piracy fashion.

However, the rewards of using it legit (as i plan/hope to do.. although i may get a mod chip just because....), i mean, it's my way of paying for games, $20/mo is fair to me. I don't believe games should cost $50, nor do i believe CDs should cost $18... but that's getting offtopic

yah, some geniuses got together and found a great way to capitalize on an industry, and all the credit goes to them, because they get money and give great deals on both piraters and legit consumers.
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

Thread Information