Thread: Slow DVD-Rom

Default Slow DVD-Rom

My drive in my xbox appears to be seeking an awful lot and is causing momentary freezes in games such as Top Spin, could it be that the drive lens has somehow got dirty? If so would a standard CD Lens cleaner do the trick?

Don't use a CD lens cleaner, you have to get a DVD lens cleaner for it, and yes, it is very possible that it got dirty. May I ask how old your Xbox is? The ones from launch 2 years ago are having problems now with their lasers and some are just going bad, as they can't read the newer games anymore. Do you still have a warranty for it?

It was only bought in feb.

Originally posted by Spies
    It was only bought in feb.
    But did you get a warranty? If not, then go get the cleaner and hope it helps, you should be ok since it's one of the newer drives, but if not, then it's gonna be a pretty penny to send it to MS to get it fixed.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

But what have you done to get it dirty like that ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

Er nothing, just some little thing called dust gets in I suppose

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

How can ? Maybe you are smoking too much in your room. I have a Xbox since launch, work fine with every game even the new one. Did you get it by second hand ??
    Back into the world of gaming.

For a start I don't smoke and secondly, dust can get in the drive while you tray is open and if you put a disc in that has a bit of dust on it.

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

Default Re: Slow DVD-Rom

Originally posted by Spies
    My drive in my xbox appears to be seeking an awful lot and is causing momentary freezes in games such as Top Spin, could it be that the drive lens has somehow got dirty? If so would a standard CD Lens cleaner do the trick?
    I also had this problem when i had my original xbox (from launch). I think it's just a shltty DVD player. It's a helluva better one than in the PS2, but it still sucks... and it's really just a novelty... The DVD Kit is really only cool for listening to music, because you can hit the INFO button and see a cool psychadelic thing goin on....
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

Thread Information