Thread: Xbox 2 Announcement in 2004 ?

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Xbox 2 Announcement in 2004 ?

A leading technological 'expert' claims Microsoft will announce Xbox2 in a couple of months...

One thing we’ve learnt in the past is never to take comments made from supposed leading financial experts seriously when talking about the videogames industry.

The latest to defy belief comes after yesterday’s announcement that Microsoft and IBM would be entering into a partnership to provide technology for the Xbox2.

Commenting on the deal, Richard Doherty of Seaford, claims that the next version of the Xbox will be announced in January 2004, with an aim to release in the autumn.

Either he hasn’t got a clue what he’s talking about or there’s been a simple mistake in the transcript somewhere, virtually the entire videogames industry is convinced that next-generation machines won’t arrive until 2005 at the earliest with most people hedging towards a 2006 release – that is unless he knows something we don’t.

Source@
    Back into the world of gaming.

lol.. leading financial experts...

seems a little early for xbox 2 now... but a portable m$ system to counter the psp... now there's an idea

we'll never know in 2004 if its all true ...
    <[ WSD ]> NTSC Division First Soldier
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Sniper for Hire

CNN said the same thing when they were talking about the IBM deal. They specifically said "Look for the next generation of the Xbox console to appear on shelves during the 2004 holiday season."

I took it as a goof, but more and more places keep saying 2004. Wonder where this all started?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

2004 seems a bit too early, if indeed it is released then. The Xbox still has some maturing to overcome, and I mean that in a positive way!
    FUSA

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm seriously doubting this. The first XBox has so much more money to make with the hot game line-up that they have going on.

If you ask me, not many games currently utilize the hardware as is. Don't get me wrong because I think some of the graphical enhancements on the XBox are sweet, however, if you take Halo as an example, it is said to only utilize 40% of the XBox's capabilities. Halo 2, however, is said to push the bar.

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

Default Re: Xbox 2 Announcement in 2004 ?

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    A leading technological 'expert' claims Microsoft will announce Xbox2 in a couple of months...
    isn't... E3 normally in a couple months (March?)
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

THE REAL BOSS

Default Re: Re: Xbox 2 Announcement in 2004 ?

Originally posted by Cottrau

isn't... E3 normally in a couple months (March?)

E3 is May 13th.

Member on the run

Ya know...it's funny, I've been saying since last E3, that the big 3 systems will probably announce the next gen at the 2004 E3. If you read the article, they're announcing it, they're not releasing though until what appears to be 2006. Just think what happened with the dolphin (read gamecube) and other consoles. They were introduced almost 2 full years before they were ready. I can easily see this happen.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by rudedogX
    Ya know...it's funny, I've been saying since last E3, that the big 3 systems will probably announce the next gen at the 2004 E3. If you read the article, they're announcing it, they're not releasing though until what appears to be 2006. Just think what happened with the dolphin (read gamecube) and other consoles. They were introduced almost 2 full years before they were ready. I can easily see this happen.
    I agree, this E3 will be great because i think all 3 consoles will be revealed

Thread Information