Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Crime or True Slime??

Default True Crime or True Slime??

I just got a an email from a friend who said true crime was plagued with bugs and other things that made the game very annoying anyone else have anything else to say about this?

Nope, Im enjoying the heck out of it. Fun game.

True Slime.
    jeepers Creepers Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those eyes. Hidden Content

Don't know yet..let me get back with you.....the word of mouth on the street and in the forums..is true crime is a hit....stexile..why don't you give it a shot...you might like it
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Im considering it, I've narrowed it down to gta dp or true crime but my friend says the little things kills the game espescially after playing perfection, i mean HALO but who knows i might give it a shot i guess i could always return it to funcoland the next day like my friend did.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by stexile
    Im considering it, I've narrowed it down to gta dp or true crime but my friend says the little things kills the game espescially after playing perfection, i mean HALO but who knows i might give it a shot i guess i could always return it to funcoland the next day like my friend did.
    I have the same problem...I compare every shooter with Halo....and every game falls short.

skorp

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but...

Halo in the gaming industry is like the movie Matrix where it has set the bar high for all action movies that comes out...

As for the game True Crimes.

..... to be continued
    Last edited by skorp; 11-05-2003 at 03:02 AM.

If you like Vice City you'll like True Crime. CLICK, end of story.

The game is fun, however it does have problems. The frame rate stutters, lots of clipping issues, and my game crashed 3 times in 30 mins lastnight. Which is unfortunate becaues the game is a blast! Keeps me interested unlike VC.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Too Sixy

Yeah there were a few bugs, but really they didnt annoy me that much. The game is defo super fun and I love it. I havent experienced too much slow down. One thing I dont like is that I think the bad guys run too fast. If they are running from you and you are right behind them. You can dive for em but you will miss most of the time.
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

The Trash Man

I am just now learning about what the game is really set-up too be. SO after I screwed my cop rating the other night... and spent all night last night trying to get it back under 50 (it's stuck at 99)... I guess I am going to have to start a new game...
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

Too Sixy

I keep on running over civilians hehe. Not good for the rating though. Man that soundtrack is killer. I dont even liek rap but it totally fits. Plus with the "elusive" (for some people (Voodoo)) custom tracks, I was rollin to any tune I wanted. BTW anyone know of a way to in game skip the song?
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Originally posted by bbchs_trash
    I am just now learning about what the game is really set-up too be. SO after I screwed my cop rating the other night... and spent all night last night trying to get it back under 50 (it's stuck at 99)... I guess I am going to have to start a new game...

I had the same problem as well. I wanted to be bad but I also wanted to unlock everything with the shields you get from completing missions and being "good". So I decided to use some codes to unlock all the shooting, driving and fighting abilities and now I can concentrate on being evil

This is a good game, don't get me wrong, but it does feel a tad rushed as there seems to be numerous stutters in the framerate (mostly seem to occur while driving).

ChromaticStudios.net AloneInTheDark's Avatar

First off, one thing thats bugging me in true crime is it says you can show people your badge, yet no button seems to do it.

I love True Crime, I've had it since yesterday and have invested 10+ hours in it (had the day off). I'm still getting GTA, because they are both pretty different, but you'll like it..I hope.

I ain't got next to nothing on my mind.
    I'll be alright when I see you right after five.
    I don't got to lie.
    Baby we can go get hi-igh
    RIP DZ RIP DZ

Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
    First off, one thing thats bugging me in true crime is it says you can show people your badge, yet no button seems to do it.

I love True Crime, I've had it since yesterday and have invested 10+ hours in it (had the day off). I'm still getting GTA, because they are both pretty different, but you'll like it..I hope.

Check out the instruction manual. Hold down the left analog stick and hit"X"

Angry

I must say, I am really ticked off at people who come on to XBA to post opinions (that may affect other's decision on whether or not to buy a game) and have NO idea what they are (1) doing or (2) talking about. Now, I don't have True Crime, but I am thinking about getting it. Tonight, I have been reading up on the boards what people think. So far I have gotten "My buddy who played it for ONE DAY says it sucks." Well, your buddy is an idiot. Second, I have learned that the "game has a rap soundtrack, so it is probably crap" (from another thread here, and another idiot). Third, "I didn't want it because it did not have the ability to make custom soundtracks" (It does... idiot). And lastly! Someone posting about the game and HAS NOT READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL. ARGH! Do people even know how to test a game before they put their thoughts out on the boards or write reviews?? BLAST!

I was initially quite dissapointed with True Crime, choppy framerate and crashes, but today I've been playing it regardless of that, its a good game in its own right, and theres so much to discover. I was shooting at a car today I was in persuit of, I musta hit the gas tank cos the whole rear exploded and the car flipped right over, just like from a film. Over the top maybe, but it creates an atmosphere.

One thing though, what do you do when you're faced with 10 rioting basketball players?

Is there a way you can call for backup?

From most reviews I have read, the graphics seem to be the best part of the game. I will have to see how others review it, Gamespot game it a 7.2 and usually they are pretty close on it.

Hippie kicking champion TuffEagle88's Avatar

Originally posted by TheStall
    I must say, I am really ticked off at people who come on to XBA to post opinions (that may affect other's decision on whether or not to buy a game) and have NO idea what they are (1) doing or (2) talking about. Now, I don't have True Crime, but I am thinking about getting it. Tonight, I have been reading up on the boards what people think. So far I have gotten "My buddy who played it for ONE DAY says it sucks." Well, your buddy is an idiot. Second, I have learned that the "game has a rap soundtrack, so it is probably crap" (from another thread here, and another idiot). Third, "I didn't want it because it did not have the ability to make custom soundtracks" (It does... idiot). And lastly! Someone posting about the game and HAS NOT READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL. ARGH! Do people even know how to test a game before they put their thoughts out on the boards or write reviews?? BLAST!
    I completely agree with you, at first I didn't want it then I read what some people who played it said and I plan on getting it, but now all of these people who don't know what the hell they are talking about are screwing me up. What the hell, if it sucks I'll just sue the people who told me it was good.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the siggy!
    "We go feet first!"

Check the source. There are some pretty objective people on this site. I know it can be annoying but generally I get what I like no matter what people say.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information