Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penny Arcade sums up EA vs XBL

Starving College Student

Default Penny Arcade sums up EA vs XBL

i couldnt have said it better
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Dude thats hilarious. But I wouldnt want Microsoft to buy EA....most of their games are mediocre and the rest are The Sims!

perfectly said

Microsoft payed Rare like $365 million or something around there, I think they should make a nice check out to EA.

Originally posted by George89
    perfectly said

Microsoft payed Rare like $365 million or something around there, I think they should make a nice check out to EA.
    But Rare can actually MAKE GOOD games.

EA can only publish them, and its a rare occurence when that happens.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

Wow. That does sum it up pretty much. You have no idea, or maybe you do, how much I despise EB for cancelling their BF 1942 for the Xbox and live. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

But Rare can actually MAKE GOOD games.

EA can only publish them, and its a rare occurence when that happens.
    I'm with MAC.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

EA is far overrated... I can't think of the last EA game I've owned....seriously.

heh..i know im being dumb but i still refuse to buy an EA games until they decide to bring thier games to xblive becuase i dont have any other systems to play thier games on. but mainly i havent bought any becuase they dont make anything that interest me.. i almost fell for the NBA street Volume 2 game.but wheni played the demo i was kinda disapointed...so yeah..they dont interest me much anywayz.

I don't think EA is overrated..I like EA games and will support them. I think that EA is doing fine without microsoft.(they didn't need sega either) They got the top selling sports games....Their Big label has put out some great games SSX , NBA Street and Def Jam series .. have be some of my favorites....They also did a wonderful job with Buffy the vampire slayer, Lord of the rings and the James Bonds series....You guys can bash EA all you want, while they laugh their way to the bank...I just don't understand all of these bad feeling toward EA...they are supporting the Xbox, they are just not supporting the live service...A lot more xbox owners are supporting EA..than are bashing them or the sales wouldn't be so high for the xbox versions of their games would it?
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

ha ha, that's great!

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    I don't think EA is overrated..I like EA games and will support them. I think that EA is doing fine without microsoft.(they didn't need sega either) They got the top selling sports games....Their Big label has put out some great games SSX , NBA Street and Def Jam series .. have be some of my favorites....They also did a wonderful job with Buffy the vampire slayer, Lord of the rings and the James Bonds series....You guys can bash EA all you want, while they laugh their way to the bank...I just don't understand all of these bad feeling toward EA...they are supporting the Xbox, they are just not supporting the live service...A lot more xbox owners are supporting EA..than are bashing them or the sales wouldn't be so high for the xbox versions of their games would it?
    I agree with with the Dr.

Member on the run

The sales could be a lot higher if they were just not so damn greedy about their online service. To force owners of previous games to have to get the new game in order to continue playing on their service is ridiculous and shows how little loyalty they have to their customers. With Sega, at least you can still play 2k3 if you want to on Live. You see where the argument is there? It comes down to the customers and loyalty being important, and not the company's own greed. Yet...somehow 2k4 for Sega sold pretty well regardless of users still being able to use 2k3 to play. Interesting

That's funny stuff.

I've supported EA by buying their games for a long time, but it's getting old not being able to play them on Live. It's all about greed and how they think they should be treated differently from other publishers.
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

I've been playing EA games since the C64, but now stay away from most of their titles. They need to go Live or its ESPN for me.

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    I beg to differ. I think that most of them are pertty much crap.

Developed:
    SSX - I hate that series with a passion.
    NBA Street Vol. 1 on PS2 - ...
    NBA Street Vol. 2 on XBox - Pretty fun from what I played, but lacking so much.
    Lord of the Rings, the two towers - Hated that game. They let you upgrade your weapons? WTF?
    Some James Bond Games - I am not the only one who thinks EA absolutely RUINED these games.

Published:
    Def Jam Vendetta

Buffy The Vampire Slayer :
    Published by Fox Interactive
    Developed by The Collective
    - I like this game, to bad it has nothing to do with EA.

I do admit there are SOME EA games I like. The majority of what they put out, published or developed is crap.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

haha that comic couldn't be more true...

MeDjai-XBC

k

Oh , c'mon.....i wouldn't call them crap..i love those games...i guess we can agree to disagree on that point...

Let's talk about the bad blood that some of the xbox owners have against EA....EA still makes games for the xbox..they just aren't supporting live it this time. I don't see that the bashing or the undue pressure is having an effect...in fact it's going to make it that much harder for an agreement..It looks like both companies have dug in their heels for a very long and heated battle. A lot of you think that EA is wrong and greedy...On the other side some people say that Microsoft is wrong and power hungry. Who's right? Don't get me wrong..i like microsoft and ea...i think that the fanbase is fanning the flames...Instead of taking sides...we should come together and show both companies this little war is wrong..I hope that this doesn't come out as a rant...we should be boycotting both EA and MIcrosoft to force them to hammer out an argeement..Who cares about pride and bragging rights at this point...i just want to play NBA street, SSX and return of the king on xbox live...
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

HAhah thats some funny stuff. The 1st penny arcade i actually liked.

I hope MS buys EA and just fires everyone. End of stroy.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

I dont know why people thing EA is overrated. SSX series is far better then amped, nba street 1 &2 were great. MVP baseball was the best last year. Dont forget about the new need for speed which looks awesome. Sorry but xbox would be doing much much better if they had ea sports. Oh and dont forget a little game called Madden ( i like ESPN better but madden rapes sales.)

*Edit* Also forgot the new LOTR game which all copies have been reserved from both my local game crazy's and funcoland. Havent been to gamestop though so i dont know whats going on there.

Thread Information