Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penny Arcade sums up EA vs XBL

LOL! That's funny. I hope Microsoft doesn't buy EA, EA is pure and utter crap. But I do agree, EA's online service sucks big time, and they need Xbox Live. Just think, if EA supported Xbox Live, their sales for their games would sky rocket. I know for a fact I'd buy their sports games instead of settling for Microsoft's crappy sports titles.
    Hidden Content :: xtreme xbox next coverage

Starving College Student

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    I dont know why people thing EA is overrated. SSX series is far better then amped, nba street 1 &2 were great. MVP baseball was the best last year. Dont forget about the new need for speed which looks awesome. Sorry but xbox would be doing much much better if they had ea sports. Oh and dont forget a little game called Madden ( i like ESPN better but madden rapes sales.)

*Edit* Also forgot the new LOTR game which all copies have been reserved from both my local game crazy's and funcoland. Havent been to gamestop though so i dont know whats going on there.
    meh IMO sports games suck...SSX2 didnt hold my interest, either..

and lotr is the most overrated game ever. its a an ugly, short hack and slash that should have had online, 4 player coop from the start...and now its sequel is a slightly prettier hack and slash with 2 player coop. whoop de doo.
    its a nice rent, but thats it.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

So so true Koopa.

I can't believe he said SSX is better than Amped...
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Well of course your not gonna like EA becasue you dont like sports games. EA is all about sports. I hear the same argement for ssx with tony hawk: They are both extremly unrealistic and that doesnt appeal to the person. I know amped 2 is live enabled but i have been playing SSX way before amped ever came out and now that is what i like. Your a damn fool though if you think it wouldnt be smart for microsoft to buy EA. Sony wouldnt have **** on Microsoft. Like i already said look at how much more madden sells than 2k. Same with ssx, i bet you it destroys amped sales. This is all statistics so i am no fan boy but 90% of the threads you post in mac become arguments. You just always gotta instigate dont you?

Koopa...dude....lotr is a overrated short and ugly hack and slash...ouch..Mmm,,i think that lord of the rings two towers is one of the greatist movies to game ever made....i think it set the bar for film to games....lord of the ring..was made to be a hack and slash movie.....Not to go too far off of topic here... Do you guys want to see EA games totally busted and begging to have their games on xbox live?..or do you want to see both companies kiss and makeup and make games for xbox live? I don't think that half of you guys here hate EA....as much as you say you do....
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Or post my opinions...

Anyhow, I am not the only one in here who hates EA. I guess its just easier to take out your agression on me, as I can take it.

So you have a PS2 I take it? Becuase SSX actually came out on the XBox AFTER Amped 1 was released.

Amped 1 - November 2001
    SSX Tricky - December 2001

Anyhow, the release date of a game compared to a different game has absolutely no bearing on which one is better.

Infact, I do believe you are the one who started this argument, stating opinions as facts. "SSX series is far better then amped." So, I say stop being so ignorant and learn from this thread.

And whoever said I don't like sports games? I have said I don't like BUYING sports games, but I love sports games. Amped 1 and 2 are two of my absolute favorites. The FIFA series as well, and yes they are made by EA. And I wouldn't be a hypocrite by admitting that, as I already said that I do like some EA games, I just hate the majority of what they put out.

Now, here is one reason that I believe alot of poeple hate EA. Not only do they not have LIVE enabled games, but they are also cheaping out on other aspects of Xbox feature support. Such as no custom soundtracks, no HDTV support, no digital sound support or if they have it, it's really bad, no four player support, no "Xbox" quality graphics in ANY of thier games and oh so much more. Some poeple are hooked on the LIVE support issue, I believe they have ALOT more to work on before they would ever be able to put out a good Xbox game PERIOD, let alone a half way decent XBox LIVE game.

-edit-
    In reference to Dr Evil, I agree with Koopa. The LOTR games are WAY over-rated. I am a huge LOTR fan, and yet, I got bored of the game in TTT before I even made it past the Falls of Rauros. Not to mention what I already did, how retarded it is that they had upgrades for your characters like new weapons. That ...thing... is a horrible translation of the epic tale of middle earth. The graphics are good for a PS2 game, but that's about all it has.
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 11-07-2003 at 12:48 AM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Hell no i dont have a ps2 but my best friend did. I had a dreamcast which had potential. Oh and you said "so true koopa" about his post. Why dont you go back and read koopas post saying that sports games suck. Or were you just quick to rally together. What was the point of you showing the release dates of ssx tricky and amped? SSX 1 came out way before amped did. Maybe you shouldnt be so quick to mouth off and try actually reading posts for once.

Dear god DocHoliday, perhaps you should take grade 1 english over again. I can't believe you couldn't understand my post.

Why did I agree with Koopa? I agreed with him becuase he said LOTR was over-rated and that SSX can't hold my interest.

SSX came out before Amped, on PS2...

Ofcourse, I don't expect you to understand this post either.

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    Koopa...dude....lotr is a overrated short and ugly hack and slash...ouch..Mmm,,i think that lord of the rings two towers is one of the greatist movies to game ever made....i think it set the bar for film to games....lord of the ring..was made to be a hack and slash movie.....Not to go too far off of topic here... Do you guys want to see EA games totally busted and begging to have their games on xbox live?..or do you want to see both companies kiss and makeup and make games for xbox live? I don't think that half of you guys here hate EA....as much as you say you do....
    goldeneye set the bar for movie games more than 5 years ago. i'll admit that TTT is decent, which is more thancan be said for most movie-game translations....but thats all the credit it deserves.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

yea, I havent liked an EA game on a consol in, well, lets just say along time.... In my opinon they butchured the 007 series, and the lord of the rings games to me, arent even worth the rent (and i work at a video store and can rent free)

I dont have EA for not going on live, I just don't enjoy their games... I didnt like kabiku warriors either, but you're not complaining about people hating that company?

I also dont think MS and EA are "at war" they just couldnt agree... it happens.... no big deal, life goes on....

That comic was really really funny though

Mmm....dances with broom sticks... you think that EA hacked up the 007 series...I wouldn't say that....it wasn't much of a series to begin with......Outside of Goldeneye and night fire.....This new james bond game has got me kind of worried....
    I really think that EA has done a really great job on the lord of the rings series of games..the way the movie clips blends with video game play..it's like magic..it really makes you feel like your part of the movie...I must admit..you can tell they made those games with playstation 2 hardware...and ported it over as an after thought...That's a really bad habit that EA games has.

Okay..Koopa..i will agree on that point.. Goldeneye got the ball rolling and showed everybody that a good movie to game could be made....

MerimacHamwich...c'mon dude you can't blame all of that on EA...Alot of other game companies has low balled many an xbox owners..by leaving out those key features.. and worst of all making their games with playstation 2 hardware..then again..just because other companies do that doesn't make it right.. Alot of people don't like EA games....it's cool....maybe one day...hopefully soon they are going to make a game that everybody likes. I still think it's an EA + xboxlive issue
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Some companies leave some features out of some of thier games. EA does it for pretty much every single one of thier games.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Some companies leave some features out of some of thier games. EA does it for pretty much every single one of thier games.

Becasue they are greedy, controlling *******s. They hate and despise the face that microsoft would be overlooking there online moves. Microsoft wouldnt allow them to shut down the past years online abilities so people would have to buy the newest year's version like sony does. That is my problem with EA. They are greedy sons a *****es but i still like their games.

Thread Information