Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRUE CRIME = Less Fun Than GTA double!

Exclamation TRUE CRIME = Less Fun Than GTA double!

TRUE CRIME Is Good But It's No GTA...
    GTA's Controlls, Music, & Simplicity Have It All Over TRUE CRIME...
    TRUE CRIME Has Some Nicer Graphics, But Not Mutch Nicer Than GTA... The Missions Are Cool... But The Free Roam Is Kinda Blah...
    & What's With All This Auto Slowmo Crap In TRUE CRIME...
    Most of the time, It BLOWS & Many More Times It Gets Ya Killed!
    Oh Yeah, Did Anyone Else Notice The Odd Flashing/Glowing Trees That Appear Now & Again... WTF!
    GTA double RULES, BUY IT NOW!!!
    Last edited by DOOM; 11-06-2003 at 08:38 AM.
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

I'm purchasing the Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack today, anyway. When it comes to comparring GTA: DP and True Crime, in my mind, two games in one package seems extremely tempting. I'll probably get True Crime: Streets of LA for Christmas, but right now, GTA: DP is my main priority.
    'The 'bliss' of ignorance is not happiness, but instead an absence of trouble. Happiness accompanies the complete exercise of an individuals' human capacity. Approximations of happiness accompany this to the degree that it's realized. The 'bliss' of ignorance is a poor approximation.'

Good Traders List: p.27, p.30, p.30, p.33, p.36, p.37
    Hidden Content
    Props to the art team at Hidden Content for the sig.

[/size]

THE REAL BOSS

Default Re: TRUE CRIME = Less Fun Than GTA double!

Originally posted by DOOM
    TRUE CRIME Is Good But It's No GTA...
    GTA's Controlls, Music, & Simplicity Have It All Over TRUE CRIME...
    TRUE CRIME Has Some Nicer Graphics, But Not Mutch Nicer Than GTA... The Missions Are Cool... But The Free Roam Is Kinda Blah...
    & What's With All This Auto Slowmo Crap In TRUE CRIME...
    Most of the time, It BLOWS & Many More Times It Gets Ya Killed!
    Oh Yeah, Did Anyone Else Notice The Odd Flashing/Glowing Trees That Appear Now & Again... WTF!
    GTA double RULES, BUY IT NOW!!!
    This whole nicer graphics argument i think is no longer valid with the revamp of the new charcther models in the xbox version. The graphics IMO look real nice on the new version.

Default Re: Re: TRUE CRIME = Less Fun Than GTA double!

Originally posted by ChaoticMage

This whole nicer graphics argument i think is no longer valid with the revamp of the new charcther models in the xbox version. The graphics IMO look real nice on the new version.
    Agreed!!!

So they updated GTA slightly for Xbox? If so, even another reason to buy it. Does it support custom soundtracks, and do they have the same radio stations as they did in GTA III and VC?
    MAKING A NEW SIG

my copy of the double pack should be in today or tomorrow! can't wait to get it home to play!!

I got GTA pack, its amazing,

Did anyone else turn off the blur effect? Makes the game look a little more crisp.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by canadianboi3
    So they updated GTA slightly for Xbox? If so, even another reason to buy it. Does it support custom soundtracks, and do they have the same radio stations as they did in GTA III and VC?
    it supports custom soundtracks on vice city they're tapes on GTA3 they're CDs they have the same radio stations and the graphics have been updated for xbox and it's not like the ps2 version cuz on ps2 it's like it slows down alot or somethin like it blurs on xbox it doesn't do that and when cars catch on fire and blow up they look more real. great game!
    -Mark

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Originally posted by BananaMan

it supports custom soundtracks on vice city they're tapes on GTA3 they're CDs they have the same radio stations and the graphics have been updated for xbox and it's not like the ps2 version cuz on ps2 it's like it slows down alot or somethin like it blurs on xbox it doesn't do that and when cars catch on fire and blow up they look more real. great game!
    Relax, BananaMan, take a deep breath.

I really thought True Crime was gonna blow the doors off GTA/VC....now I've got serious doubts. Might have to spring for the double pack after all.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Well after I got outa class yesterday I went to my Local GameStop and I got the GTA3 DP. Talk to the guys there. It was tough to choose between TC and GTA3. I had played GTA3, but never all the way through, heck on the original I didnt even get out of the first part of the city.

But I had spent hours on GTA and VC just fooling around, taking every car I could and running amuk.

And TC did look very cool, and I was new, something I had never played before. And it's was of depicting fighting deffinatly looked a whole lot better in some ways to GTA3.

But I had heard some no so good things about TC, and I read afew reviews about not haveing all your abilities at the start, Like being able to do ground hits. I mean GTA3 you had all your abilities when you start, you can take any car (as long as it's not locked), and you can fire any gun or work any weapon you can get your hands. I guess what I am trying to say is the the Cop you play in TC is supposed to be a trained cop. But thats just my own opinion.

So I took GTA3 Dp back home and I played it for about 45 min. What can I say its a HUGE improvment visualy when compared to it's PS2 counter part. getting the hang of the driving controls took some time, infact I still try to drive the Xbox version like I used to in PS2. Kinda drives me nuts with hte accel on the right trigger and the brake on the left trigger and the all important hand brake being X. I would try to accel with hte letter keys, and Bah! Lets just say I have smash up afew cars by getting the controls screwed up!

So after playing it for 45min, I took it back to GameStop, I cant tell you the look all the store workers gave me when I said I wantedto retunr it. LOL, they couldn't believe it. Well after I talked to them, they basicaly said the when compared to TC GTA3 was a better buy. You get two games for the price of one.

So I went back home with GTA3 agian, and this time I played it alittle more, and to tell you the truth, I like it. Doing the main story missions are cool. But I like doing the side missions, like taking a police car and catching the crooks, or driving like a maniac to get people to their destinations and to the hospitol. Now those are fun!
    "My friend, you would not tell with such high zest - To Children ardent for some desperate glory, The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." -Wilfred Owens (1893-1918)

I have been heading towards Gta the whole time and true crimes just didn't interest me wheni read a whole bunch of articles on it from quite awhile ago.

Originally posted by JJaX
    I got GTA pack, its amazing,

Did anyone else turn off the blur effect? Makes the game look a little more crisp.
    I think they made that blur affect for all the potheads out there...yea I turn it off first thing. Really makes the graphics look bad.

I like both TC and GTA. I just can't into the good cop rating in TC. I keep randomly frisking people and if I find a gun on them I can't help but shoot them with it. Some lady called me a b!tch when I frisked her and began kicking my @$$... Big fun !!!

Proud owner of 11 X Boxes and 2 360s

Never let it be said, I didn't do the least I could do.

Originally posted by xbocks

I think they made that blur affect for all the potheads out there...yea I turn it off first thing. Really makes the graphics look bad.
    blur effect
    -Mark

Slowride

the blur effect is a myth. The truth is Craig T. Nelson owns and you all know it.

Seriously though.....i'll get GTA over TC just cuz i dont want to play a cop.....and all the reasons already listed.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by ChampTTU
    the blur effect is a myth. The truth is Craig T. Nelson owns and you all know it.

Seriously though.....i'll get GTA over TC just cuz i dont want to play a cop.....and all the reasons already listed.

A myth Wtf you talking about willis? It's an option in the game called "trails" by defualt it's on. What it does is give you the effect of speed, IMO it's worthless and should be turned off.

Yeah, Go Into Options & Turn Those Damn Hippie Trails Off!!!
    Unless You Got Some Shrooms To Go Along With it, LOL!

Got my GTA: Double Pack yesterday! I forgot how much I enjoyed this game... Unfortunately, I also forgot how tough it can be in some spots, ah well, that's what makes it fun right?

Has anyone else's froze on their Xboxes? Mine has like, 'locked-up' no fewer than three times. (Usually during loading sequences). I save all the time, but I wonder if I should get a new copy instead? Opinions?

btw, anyone who hasn't yet played this game- You gotta try it out, it's a blast!:

Well so far GTA3 has not froze on me, but I did get e DDE when I was trying to first load it. Other then that, no probs. To fix the DDE I just turn off my Xbox with hte game still in it, and I turn it back on, 98% of the time it works like a charm.
    "My friend, you would not tell with such high zest - To Children ardent for some desperate glory, The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." -Wilfred Owens (1893-1918)

Thread Information