Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 Date Change

Skankeez

Default Halo 2 Date Change

this could be bad or good...or mean nothing at all

Microsoft launched the Xbox with a game that they promised everyone would be talking about, Halo. To the new video game console company, it was a necessity to have a franchise character to have a market presence. Microsoft was right, as developer Bungie succeeded in making Halo one of the most talked about games of the new generation.

Obviously, with a game as big as Halo, there would be a sequel. The sequel, Halo 2, was announced some time ago and was originally scheduled to be released this Holiday season. Unfortunately for drooling gamers, Bungie and Microsoft opted to move the game to a Spring 2004 release date in order to polish the "bells and whistles".

Today it was discovered that Microsoft, via the Xbox web site, has changed the release date of Halo 2 to an indefinite date. No word from Microsoft or Bungie on why the release date was changed from spring 2004 to indefinite.

Member on the run

The way I see it, let them take their time and finish it properly. I don't want a sequel to a perfect game being half-assed and filled with bugs.

Oh no. Does this mean that it will not be out until Christmas of next year or some crap like that. This sucks. I'm depressed now for real.

This is MY HOME

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Originally posted by rudedogX
    The way I see it, let them take their time and finish it properly. I don't want a sequel to a perfect game being half-assed and filled with bugs.
    I second that.

Sure, it sucks, but think about it in the long haul. I'd rather have as near a flawless Halo 2 experience than have it today and it be riddled w/ bugs. Still, people w/ gripe and moan about it.

I see a lot of this at the BBB boards regarding Fable. Some of those diehards have been on that board for years waiting on this game. But you know what? Even w/ all the pushbacks and speculations on a release date, they stick w/ it. Why? 'Cuz they know it will rock house, just like Halo 2 will.

Patience, kids, patience.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

A Halo 2 delay is bad news for all of us die-hard players. The thing is, you have to think about how long Halo was in production before it was released. They took a long time to make sure that the game would be the best possible experience ever scene on a console. I have a feeling that with the scope that Bungie has been projecting for Halo 2 it is going to have the sickest graphics and audio with a replay value as high if not higher than the first game. Which we all know is rarely scene in console games.
    I'm not worried about the real fans of the game sticking with it. I just hope that it comes out in the first second quarter of 2004 because I have been following its progress since last year about this time.

How short everyone's memory is , within the last three months a Halo 2 interview stated that Halo 2 was 90% done and they were working on Multiplayer and that spring 2004 was a good projected time relaease,

So whats going on, are they really going to test it for a Year? maybe they are going for a Suprise launch , if not and it is coming sometime late next year, then at LEAST make halo a Platnium hit with a Playable Halo 2 level ,

Or could it be some uniformed idiot at Xbox.com that put in the wrong Info?? what does Bungie say

I say I'll wait a couple more months for the most polished and best game ever...

no, my father's cousin, friend's brother works at microsoft he told me it will be released for Xbox 2...

jeepers Creepers Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those eyes. Hidden Content

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

All I want to know is, when did Miyamoto take over as director for Halo 2?

Originally posted by rudedogX
    I agree. This isn't a PC game where they can just release some patches to fix the bugs in the game. I'll wait longer for a better game rather than put up with bugs.
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
    How short everyone's memory is , within the last three months a Halo 2 interview stated that Halo 2 was 90% done and they were working on Multiplayer and that spring 2004 was a good projected time relaease,

So whats going on, are they really going to test it for a Year? maybe they are going for a Suprise launch , if not and it is coming sometime late next year, then at LEAST make halo a Platnium hit with a Playable Halo 2 level ,

Or could it be some uniformed idiot at Xbox.com that put in the wrong Info?? what does Bungie say
    I forgot about that 90% tidbit. What the hell happened? It kinda makes sense that it will come out for xbox2 but that means 2 to 3 more years wait. That would cause some disturbance in xboxville for real. This better not be true. What would make better sense is that they say it's done and merry christmas you f/n xbox junkies!

This is MY HOME

The person who wrote this orginal post must be going to a different xbox.com because i just checked the site and it says MARCH so i dunno what this guy was thinking or tying to do but he should know the facts before saying stuff!

MeDjai-XBC

According to the Halo 2 section on Xbox.com, the release date is still at March 2004.
    Hidden Content :: xtreme xbox next coverage

bust a nut

well that guy is bull****ting.

i'm sure there will be lots of games to fufill our needs until the release of H2... Counter-Strike, perhaps? ROTFL

Im still gonna go with x-mas of this year. Call me crazy but thats what im goign with.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

i say let them take their time. if they know that they need time, then they must need it for a reason.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm still hoping for March...XBox.com is very conservative when announcing dates. If they keep it at March...the latest we will see it is April, I believe.

Originally posted by t_howell

I forgot about that 90% tidbit. What the hell happened? It kinda makes sense that it will come out for xbox2 but that means 2 to 3 more years wait. That would cause some disturbance in xboxville for real. This better not be true. What would make better sense is that they say it's done and merry christmas you f/n xbox junkies!

lol i second that notion..imagine how fast word of mouth would spread...i would go camp out my circuit city on the cold and rainy night just to get that game.

Thread Information