Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo: The Movie

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

Default Halo: The Movie

If Halo were made into a movie.. would it be any good? (of course, but some people have to have their opinions) and who would you see as the cast, particularly Master Chief?
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

I think it would kinda like da movie alien

which was OKAY in my opinion and I'd make AHHHHHHHHnold masta chief and the covenant the dixie chicks.

IMO a halo movie would suck. When MC isn't fighting and not in his armor (if he ever takes it off) he wouldnt allways have his helmet on (would he?) Then we would see his face, would ruin it for me. Cuz right now MC's appearence is a myster and that adds to the game.

maybe the Fall of Reach would be good though... that book was hella awesome.... (prequal to Halo)
    got me an xbo
    rawr

Originally posted by Playya
    IMO a halo movie would suck. When MC isn't fighting and not in his armor (if he ever takes it off) he wouldnt allways have his helmet on (would he?) Then we would see his face, would ruin it for me. Cuz right now MC's appearence is a myster and that adds to the game.

Ya I guess you're right..I wonder what if master chieef was a lady witha really low voice

OMG dude, that would be insane. Kinda like "China" for the WWF or WWE or whatever it is now.

Hey guy is my sig too big??

Kinda, and alittle disturbing. LOL

But as for HALo the movie, they should do the Fall of Reach.
    "My friend, you would not tell with such high zest - To Children ardent for some desperate glory, The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." -Wilfred Owens (1893-1918)

yea definitely... if any of you hasn't read The Fall of Reach.... it's one of my favorite books.. it's just awesome. I got it three days before Xbox came out and Halo... and i finished it the day before. I was addicted to that like i was to Halo... it was just a great book.

It talks all about how the suits were made, and how they went about picking up everything

An interesting note about the book... the 2nd master chief in the game is actually a girl... Karen or Laura or something... she actually died, and was clinically dead, but she was aboard when the book ended, on that ship (forget the name), and then in the game when you play 2 player, they have revived her (but they don't say anything about it)
    got me an xbo
    rawr

not a fanboy

If they made a live action Halo movie, then it would suck. If the movie was like, all CG or done with the Xbox's hardware, then that would be pretty tight.

And If they showed MC's real face, then that would sorta ruin it for me.

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

I think a Halo movie with Halo 2's in-engine graphics would be the shizzle fo rizzle my nizzle</blackness>

Sort of like an extended in-game cinematic.
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

Originally posted by Playya
    OMG dude, that would be insane. Kinda like Chinafor the WWF or WWE or whatever it is now.
    Chyna's voice wasn't deep was it? I thought it was normal sounding and just didn't match her body. what I mean is she was all man looking like, then she spoke and it was a woman's voice for sure...

Anyway Halo as a game was decent. Halo as a movie would suck. It would just be too hard to do.

Maybe they could make a movie trilogy:

Halo: The Fall of Reach
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Halo 2

But still, a Halo movie would be quite entertaining.

hell yeah it would.. I don't think CG would work thoug.. because Final Fantasy blew the big one in the box office (I went and saw it with my mom, and neither of us knew what the hell was going on in it, not having ever played the series... but eh...)

I think people will be afraid to make a Halo CG movie. But persay, a hella ultra action movie might work. Maybe they'd use like Russell Crow. He'd be badass in it... or like the Rock. I'm surprised to say that he can actually act....

Anyways, I could see a hella kickass movie out of it all, but I don't smell it too soon anyways... well maybe... Microsoft presents Halo: The Fall of Reach ... maybe..
    got me an xbo
    rawr

Heh modern day wrestlers are actors Cottrau.

I think like a year ago I posted about how some company was trying to acquire the rights to make a Halo movie. it could work if they keep Master Chief's face out of site and maybe break it up into episodes.

Like Episode I should begin when the Pillar of autumn makes the blind jump and it shows Reach being decimated by Covenant fire. They arrive to Halo send in the troops and the ending of the movie should be on the Silent Cartographer.

Episode II should begin on Assault on the Control Room and move through 343 guilty spark, Library and midway of The two betrayals. It should end on when MC learns the truth about Halo.

Episode III should start just after MC learns the truth and moves into Keyes and the Maw. Then we all see Halo blow up and then the hint of a sequel.

That's just how I'd like to see it. Live acting won't be bad it's just that they don't drastically cut down the story. I suggest episodes cause Halo's story is just too big to put in 1 hour and 30 min. Each movie should be 1-2 hours. Look at how cool T2 was cause it was long, explained alot in that time and had gut wrenching action.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

I'm not sold on the Halo movie idea yet. I'm worried that "they" would use the name and the ideas but drift far from the game. Movies tend to build in a lot of factors to broaden intrest to a large audience. The people who made it would have to be dedicated to making a pure action movie with a story line that does not drift to far from the cut scenes in the game. Also if there were to be a movie I would want a some what unknown cast as MC. I don't want to see his face. Master Chief is one of the better video game characters in a long time. This is because you get a sense that he cares about nothing more than his duty and desire to save man kind. I don't want to see more demensions than that.

I wouldn't want human cast and all that. Id want it to be a computer animated game. Like the final fantasy movie was. I think itd be a great movie...In battle and out...especially when hes out of battle..hes getting ready for battle. Especially seeing as how Spartans are warriors and all about the battle.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Default fantasy casting

I don't know why everyone is so crazy about MC's face, and I can guarantee they wouldn't make a movie if they couldn't show the actor's face. Anyway, a Halo movie could be awesome, but knowing the hacks that pervade the film industry, it will suck big time.

Assuming it would be good, I'd cast:

MC: have to be older (around 40) and belivabley tough and a decent actor so I'd go with Denzel Washington, Hugh Jackman, or Russel Crowe

Sarge: someone funny and, uh, black. I'd go with David Alan Grier. Ooh, Bernie Mac would be good, too.

Cortana: any hot, young hollywood chick. Right now I'm smitten with Kristanna Loken from T3 and Scarlett Johansson from Lost in Translation. Either of those would work fine.

Keyes: someone dignified. Patrick Stewart seems too obvious. As does Morgan Freeman. How about someone a little more out there like Jack Nicholson or Donald Sutherland?

let's just say if they do make a HALO movie .. they would probably f*ck it .. it up just like STREET FIGHTER or MORTAL KOMBAT 2 ...

i'm a big video game fan but not too many movies where a success except for TOMB RAIDER and RESIDENT EVIL

But this is only my opionion ... what do you guys think??
    <[ WSD ]> NTSC Division First Soldier
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Sniper for Hire

Hey....Mario Brothers was a great movie.... To tell you the truth. Movies based on video games actually apeal more to little kids. I once thought MK and Mario were cool. Then when I got older I was like..what the hell was I thinking. Since Halo is M for mature they need to make it PG-13 or R and thus must target the older gamers.

id is working on Doom the movie. But how long ago was that idea made?
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Thread Information