Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 Rumor. Release date - 11/28

Default Halo 2 Rumor.

Very interesting rumor.... I still doubt it though..what do you guys think?Click Here to see it
    Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

signiture made by TheRiddleBoX...if you want one, contact me through PM and tell me what you want

I wont believe it until its in my hands. Why would they not announce it earlier if it were coming out holday season to take advantage or pre-orders, and to let kids beg their grandparents for copies of the game for months in advance.
    Hidden Content <----- Red Sox discussion forum, check it out!

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

I began to think the same thing when the release date was prospectively moved to April 1st. But heres the deal. A rumor is a rumor. If this is true it may be very upsetting to many who were planning on pre-ordering, especially companies that haven't set up pre-ordering plans but were going to in the future. All I can say is that if Halo 2 comes ahead of schedule I'll show up on Bungie's doorstep and kiss each and every one of them. I don't care how f a g-alicious that sounds, I'll just have to do it (follow the link in my sig to see why Halo 2 matters so much to me).
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

I highly doubt it. Try to do that with HALO II would be like trying to cover an Elephant with a rug and say its your new coffee table.

News that big, cant stay just a rumor.
    "My friend, you would not tell with such high zest - To Children ardent for some desperate glory, The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." -Wilfred Owens (1893-1918)

I dunno ColdStone, Bungie and Microsoft could dish out quite a christmas bonus if this was kept a secret... Besides, it was leaked (possibly, remember, its still a rumor) so who's to say that it isn't true?
    Hidden Content
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

Thats true. I could happen. But if it did, I would feel so sorry for all the store emplyees. It would be the "Tickle Me Elo" of all video games this Holiday Season!
    "My friend, you would not tell with such high zest - To Children ardent for some desperate glory, The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." -Wilfred Owens (1893-1918)

Screw 'em, I need my Halo 2.
    Hidden Content

Yeah man i don't think I believe it. Why would they make an official date and then get it out early? To "Surprise" us? I dono about that. But on the other hand i guess you never know. So i guess we'll just have to wait and see, we obviously wouldn't mind, so lets hope for the best!
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

I sorta belive this roomer. But ill haveto wait and see i suppose
    Hidden Content
    Thanks for hosting my sig g-w-soupnazi

Maybe they can get it out by Christmas but they game won't be as good. They're probably trying to hit the Christmas jackpot.

Halo 2 + Christmas = Cash Bonanza for Microsoft

This is just a rumor. Who knows...the shop manager might just not be up-to-date. It is highly unlikely that we will see Halo 2 this year, especially considering the fact that Bungie still need to work on it.

We've only seen two trailers for the game and you people think it will come out in a month?

Great !!

I dont know guys. Could you imagine the press this would get? I hope it happens... ::Crosses fingers::

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

being that the "rumor" was posted by "Guest" on a nonreputable website... it's completely false. If this story he's telling has any truth in it, it's because someone else misheard someone talking about the game coming out before Xmas 04
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

I belive it, me and a few friends were always wondering why it would be set for April Fools Day. So I belive this rumor, since M$ would get more $$$ in one set on Christmas, as apposed after chirstmas. In my case however, im pre-ordering Halo 2 after Christmas if it does come out later.

I work at EB, and I've spoken to our xbox rep that comes once a month... it's not comming this year as he was told..

And not doing a big announcement and just releasing it would be stupid for Bungie/MS, cause yea there's hype, but then people wont get pre-order's etc etc...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

bust a nut

this is not true.

im gonna e-mail this to bungie and Ebgames.

Ive heard that exact rumor before and have mentioned it on here before...People must have ignored me..LoL..
    I heard it was set to come out before christmas but I didnt know all that April 1st stuff...
    I think its possible, I mean Bungie seems like the kind that like to suprise and trick. If it did Id be unbelievably happy, but chances are its 04 sometime.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Damn that page took a long time to load. I am sure this is just a rumor. Everyone wishes this was true but if bungie needs time to finish the game then let them. I dont want a half assed sequel, i want a perfected halo 2.

Thread Information