Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up Prince of Persia. Pretty intense to say the least!

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Eek Picked up Prince of Persia. Pretty intense to say the least!

The game draws you in like a black hole. It's VERY challenging and I have played these types of games alot. The difficulty level in the puzzles in mind-numbing. The graphics , cinematics and voiceovers are absolutely stunning. I just like the fact that I have a hard time putting this one down. It's very addicting and you just want to see what pretty environments lie ahead. You can interact with everything. I can't believe what a great game this is. I'm 33% through and so far what a trip it's been. I'm looking forward to tonight so I can shut the lights and immerse myself in one of the best Xbox games ever made. If your up for a challenge, great combat, stunning graphics, great cinematics, voice acting and just a high production game that will suck you in, go for a purchase.

Wondering Around

didn't realize it was out yet...(been offline for a bit) i enjoyed the demo though, i'll have to rent the game and play it.

oh man that tempted me to buy this game and maybe i will pick it up with cs.
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I was in Future Shop today with friends, saw the box art of it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

wow i didnt know that graphics look good at all... when i was watching the trailers of this game it looked fun at first, looks more fun than Ninja Gaiden. the hands in the trailers look fake to me i mean they were like N64 graphics.... maybe i was watching a wrong trailer... but i dont think so. althought, i must say, the game storyline is good, very good. i dunno if i should buy it tho, when you beat it, maybe you can PM sometime how long it took you to beat it, i want a game that is single player to last 20+ hours......

Is this game frusterating fun or enjoying fun? I dont want a game that will have me hooked for 3 hrs then for the rest of the year it helps me collect dust

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

This game looks so cool! But like all the other awesome games coming out in this radius of a month, I will have to rent it. Im saving up for either PGR 2 or Counter Strike or RS3. Yeah, but I'lll definitely rent this game. I wasn't sure it was out yet.

Yeah, probably won't be buying this. Definitely rent. and possibly more than once. But w/ all the games I've been buying lately, another non-live title just won't get the attention it deserves.

The demo was sick, I'm sure the game is. Maybe if it had launched before the GTA DP, but not now. I guess there are alternative ways though.
    RIP Dave

I was watching the reviews on G4TV, and i was going WOW!!! I had planned on buying Prince of persia this month, but my money ran short....Hope that nothing comes up next month, cause i'm buying games
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Originally posted by Loop
    Is this game frusterating fun or enjoying fun? I dont want a game that will have me hooked for 3 hrs then for the rest of the year it helps me collect dust
    It's hard but never gets frustrating to the point of not wanting to play. It's got this cool mode that when you fill up your sand circles, if you die or make a wrong move, you can rewind to the point to before you made a mistake. It's easy to get the sand crystals too. Kill a baddy and you get one sand crystal . Plus their is a tutorial throughout or you can turn it off. When he see's into the future in a cinematic, it's very freaky. You hear this freaky music and he sees into the future (what you will do in the next level). If you don't buy it, definately rent it.

This game is awesome. I am hooked. I love it. It is challenging but that's what 's good about it. I think this game is just great. It's a must buy.

This is MY HOME

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    Yeah, probably won't be buying this. Definitely rent. and possibly more than once. But w/ all the games I've been buying lately, another non-live title just won't get the attention it deserves.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to try the demo yet, but I just can't see myself buying this one when there are so many XBL titles currently available or coming soon.

I really need more hours in the day.

BTW - Anyone have any feedback on replayability?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

When I saw the reviews and heard some people in EB raving about it I had to get it. Its a great game. Running up walls and the acrobatic moves are easy to do and pretty freaking cool.

I see what everyone is talking about now. The gfx are very good too, nothing N64 about them. It was probably a low quality movie. Which is usually the case unless its a 250 mb+ file.

Its super cool, rent it, then buy it and love it

Got the game and am only 8% complete (dang PGR2) but from what I've played it has more than met my expectations. I thought this would be a run/slash/jump/trigger traps game but there seems to be alot more to it than that. You can run up walls, jumps off walls, swing from poles, dodge, hover attack, rewind time, slow down time (enemies) (there is probably much much more I haven't mentioned). Graphics are great, sounds are great, no major nagging camera issues (it's not perfect though) plus *******SPOILER well maybe it is**************

When you beat the game you unlock old versions of PoP!! Too bad Couunterstrike and Mario Kart DD are coming out these week as well (not to mention I have finals to study for), guess I'll get around to beating this game next month

Hay thanks for the thread, here is one concern I had with the demo. I thought the camera was to far back from the action often. Does the whole game seem like that or does it work out just fine and maybe I should have played it longer? Thanks
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Originally posted by Brevity
    Hay thanks for the thread, here is one concern I had with the demo. I thought the camera was to far back from the action often. Does the whole game seem like that or does it work out just fine and maybe I should have played it longer? Thanks
    The camera is tighter. Also, there is a camera for first person view and one for landscape. You also control the camera with the right analog stick. It works out fine.

This is MY HOME

anyone know how to solve that first real puzzle, it's the one where you collect the rods on a turning chamber.

Clash Member

the demo on OXM looked great

skorp

Exclamation

Originally posted by t_howell

The camera is tighter. Also, there is a camera for first person view and one for landscape. You also control the camera with the right analog stick. It works out fine.

I really enjoyed the demo and agree with everyones positive review of the game. But yes the only problem I had was the camera angle being kinda off... When I tried to get a back view angle of the character who was against a wall I was looking straight at the wall instead. Since it was made by UBI Soft I was hoping because the game was still "in working progress" at the time that they would improve it when released and make it like Splinter Cells camera view. It can be an inconvenience to change it to First Person view all the time when I want to fly thru the obstacles... So there is an improvement right?

Originally posted by skorp

I really enjoyed the demo and agree with everyones positive review of the game. But yes the only problem I had was the camera angle being kinda off... When I tried to get a back view angle of the character who was against a wall I was looking straight at the wall instead. Since it was made by UBI Soft I was hoping because the game was still "in working progress" at the time that they would improve it when released and make it like Splinter Cells camera view. It can be an inconvenience to change it to First Person view all the time when I want to fly thru the obstacles... So there is an improvement right?
    Yes there is. A great improvement.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information