Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is crazy!!!

Default This is crazy!!!

I bought Top Spin yesterday. I wanted to return it because someone else had already gotten it for me. So I call back to check ( I have the reciept, Box+manuels and cd all perfect no scrathes mint condition) and i ask them if i can trade it in for another game. Guess what they tell me? "You can trade it in for store credit 10 dollars". This is complete BS. How can you say that if the person bought it the day before, and they have the reciept and everything, and all they did was tear off the plastic, plus they bought it for 50 wopping dollars. 50 dollars doesnt come easy. they think they can rip us off just like that. they should change their policies. 10 dollars...wow...cheap bast***. i cant beleive this.
    Hidden Content
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    GamerTag: DaRkLoRd X
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

If you sold a twinkie to someone and they opened the wrapper but decided they didnt want to eat it anymore. Would you take it back?

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

a TWINKIE and a BOX are 2 extremely different things.
    Hidden Content
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

erm, whats to stop people buying the game, taking it homw, copying it, then taking it back.

nothing

thats what theyre protecting themselves against
    ****ers

Originally posted by DaRkLoRdX
    a TWINKIE and a BOX are 2 extremely different things.
    Maybe so, but the concept isnt. You cant expect a store to take back an open item otherwise we will have more of these gamestop/EB debacles where you think youre buying a new game but you arent.

just return the other un-opened one when you get it
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

so lets say u go out and buy steel batallion, and u want to return it back, u would be pissed now wouldnt u

40 dollars is alot of money to me. i have to save up for a month to get 40 dollars

i dont know about u but if i get the comment of spending a 50 dollar game then getting 5-10 dollars for it i would be pissed.
    Hidden Content

so lets say u go out and buy steel batallion, and u want to return it back, u would be pissed now wouldnt u

40 dollars is alot of money to me. i have to save up for a month to get 40 dollars

i dont know about u but if i get the comment of spending a 50 dollar game then getting 5-10 dollars for it i would be pissed.
    Any person would know to sell it on EBAY. You will get at least 30 bucks for it.

what if u dont have a credit card
    ur screwed
    Hidden Content

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

I hate EB in that respect so much. I kind of have to agree with them on this one b/c of this whole piracy issue, but I feel your pain. I have 2 MM3s b/c I got it from someone as a gift, after purchasing it the day before. This was about 2 weeks after the game had come out. They said they'd give me $20 credit, or 17 or something to that extent. I don't like EB. The same thing happened to me with Spiderman, Amped, and Unreal methinks. So, rather, I think the best thing to do is just find someone, someone you can trust(on or off XBA) and just sell it to them for close to/ retail price. Thats what I did a few months ago.

what if u dont have a credit card
    ur screwed
    Why do you need a credit card to sell on Ebay?

wouldnt game spot take it back

ty for the replies

how about if i trade with someone.

topspin for r63 or another game?

anyone willing for money like a money order since i cant use EbAY
    Hidden Content

u need a credit card cuz they charge u when u put up an item or if u sell something they take credit
    Hidden Content

Default Re: This is crazy!!!

I bought Top Spin yesterday. I wanted to return it because someone else had already gotten it for me. So I call back to check ( I have the reciept, Box+manuels and cd all perfect no scrathes mint condition) and i ask them if i can trade it in for another game. Guess what they tell me? "You can trade it in for store credit 10 dollars". This is complete BS. How can you say that if the person bought it the day before, and they have the reciept and everything, and all they did was tear off the plastic, plus they bought it for 50 wopping dollars. 50 dollars doesnt come easy. they think they can rip us off just like that. they should change their policies. 10 dollars...wow...cheap bast***. i cant beleive this.
    Where did you buy it from? Hindu Games R us? I dont know of any places that dont return you equal shopping credit that you paid for the item...It's retarded that they would do something like that. I say you go in there and 5 finger discount yuo a replacement. LOL!

LOL HINDUS R US

5 finger discout lmfaoo

its EB games

they are cheap *******s
    Hidden Content

why are they cheap? because they would take back a game which you have opened, played, copied, then taken back?

thats how they see it mate, whether its true or not
    ****ers

....they should give more then 5-10 store credit on a brand new game thats 50 dollars
    Hidden Content

why? they wont get the full retail worth for it now that its second hand.

if you had the game twice, why unwrap both of them?

surely you can take the one you didnt ipen back?

unless you stupidly opened them both
    ****ers

the person that got it for me already had it opened and they didnt have a reciept
    Hidden Content

ah. hard luck then.

you should try working in a shop like that. i do - we get people coming in saying the same thing all the time.

im sure they'd be more than happy to exchange it if it wasnt open, but to them its second hand, and possibly just been used to copy.

sorry
    ****ers

Thread Information