Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is crazy!!!

thanks i thought u would end up flaming me for being an idiot somehow

thanks for the replies i got lots of ideas from you all.
    Hidden Content
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    GamerTag: DaRkLoRd X
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

Originally posted by DaRkLoRdX
    LOL HINDUS R US

5 finger discout lmfaoo

its EB games

they are cheap *******s
    EB has always given me refunds on games and all. Maybe you just go to this weird one run by Hindus. I really don't know.

Oh and Nyphur. Ive had my bro buy a game and unwrap on the way home while my dad was at home playing that exact game that he bought for them both after work.

DOOPID! Dont be an arse.

EDIT: whoops...someone went bipolar in the midst of my post...lol sorry

yea i might go over there and see what **** buisness theyre really running
    Hidden Content
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

Originally posted by DaRkLoRdX
    the person that got it for me already had it opened and they didnt have a reciept
    why would they open it?
    -Mark

it was opened without plastic on it already
    Hidden Content

hhhmmmmmm ....
    <[ WSD ]> NTSC Division First Soldier
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Sniper for Hire

Skankeez

ill give u a factory sealed crimson skies or Links 2004 , or Amped 2 then u can go exchange that game for whatever u want

bust a nut

if u bought it at eb u can take it back for a full refund or exchange for a new game, i've done that like 4 times. it has to be within 14 days of ur purchase. honestly, why did u buy topspin?

Skankeez

cuz its the best tennis game ever made

god Nephur . . . . First of all, darklord, I think you totally got ripped off, and I will not go to EB anymore for good. I've always been kinda resistant to get anything from there... and the way they slap stickers all over your "new" game pisses me off
    you're right, they are cheap bas****s People like Nephur are great example. I mean, who all on here copies Xbox games? very small percentage. . . . who all on here knows HOW to copy an Xbox game . . . again, a very small percentage. Overall, EB sucks, and don't care, and Nephur (along with my local EB) are perfect examples why.
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

If I were the shop owner then I would have done the same probably. A used game would not sell or even if the plastic has been torn off.

Once you tear off the security label, you normally won't be able to bring it back.

god you guys need to wake up . . . gamestop lets me take back whatever I want within the time period as long as I have the reciept . . . whether it's opened or not. jesus . . . if I was darklord, I would march in EB and say my peace . . . doing so has always worked for me when I was in those situations. Just remember, the workers (including Nephur ) are there to SERVE you.
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

A store as big as EB can't take returns on a customer to customer basis. If its fair for one person to return something, its fair for anyone to.

I think anyone can see ( and I believe EB used to exchange games but stopped due to abuse of policy) that people would take advantage. Whos to say you didnt buy the game, play it, not like it, and return it. Thats what blockbuster is for.

Eb is a game store. If $50 is hard to come buy, take more time and thought into your purchases, and make sure you wont have to return it before you open it.

Satch, its obvious you don't work at a store like this, and you're not looking at it from the companies point of view. If you owned the company, would you take a game back from someone for full price, only to be able to sell it for at the most $10 less? The markups on games, to my knowledge, isnt very much (unless blockbuster pays more for their games, which is very possibly, as they pay full price for systems they sell.) so they would quickly loose money. Its common sense that a good way to run a business is to NOT loose money.

WAAAA WAAAAA!!!

The store has a policy, deal with it. There's rules and laws everywhere in life dude. Not all of them are fair so you better get used to it. F****** pansy.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by jelgiad
    just return the other un-opened one when you get it
    Ah-ha!

This is MY HOME

Hard cold facts............

If you buy new games and open them, they can only be replaced with like item. This applies to just about every reputable store around...Game Stop, EB, Best Buy, etc...Whether the guy behind the counter meets your demands is a crap shoot.

Game Stop used to take new opened games until someone sued them for selling a "Used" game as new, yes kiddies, once you open it, it becomes used, so a few dorks ruined it for everyone. So when you bring back an opened game the best you'll get is trade in value, because it needs to be sold as used. New $50 games usually get $25-30 in TIV.

Piracy is another reason, and even though you may think the % is low for people who can do it, shop owners aren't mind readers and for the most part don't know you from adam.

Best thing to do, buy used. Game Stop has a 7 day "Full Credit" policy on used games.

If you want to put the theory to the test, take your open game to EB and have them replace it with the same game, then go to Best Buy and tell them that you got a duplicate gift, I'm betting they tell you you can't return it without a reciept...then again, you might get lucky.

Originally posted by Yankeez
    ill give u a factory sealed crimson skies or Links 2004 , or Amped 2 then u can go exchange that game for whatever u want
    Wait...Ill take those games!...But, why exactly are you giving away factory sealed games here?

Anyways, stores have policies, stores have policy enforcers. I think its based upon trunst whether or not they enforce it on you. You look like a bad guilty guy Darklord? I suggest you send a nerdy 11 yr old inside and then you'll get your money back. That or send in some hot chick to flirt it on with the dood at the counter..

LoLz

EB and Game Stop were I live (St.Petersburg ,Fl) all of there games are opened ,when you want to buy a game , you take the emtpy box from the shelf to the counter. Then they find that game in the drawer and the pull the disk and the manual out of the zip lock bag put it in a the box. There you go a BRAND NEW game for $49.99 and it was opened. I will not buy any new games from there only used.

BunnyRabbit- LMFAO NERDY KID HELL YEA IMA DO THAT

Ill also send a really hot girl in to flirt like u said if the first one dont work.

Thanks for the replies, i relized the high's and low's from all of you. Im still thinking about the factory sealed stuff ???...Ill reply here later
    Hidden Content

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by No Fear 23
    if u bought it at eb u can take it back for a full refund or exchange for a new game, i've done that like 4 times. it has to be within 14 days of ur purchase. honestly, why did u buy topspin?
    Not over here. Once opened you dont get any money back. Thats why i love gamestop becasue you can return it already opened and get your full refund.

Thread Information