Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EA officially worst developer for Xbox.

Angry EA officially worst developer for Xbox.

Just when I think this company might be coming to their senses they pull another fast one on Xbox users.

With the release of Medal of Honor: Rising Sun they pulled the first cardinal sin of the Xbox 10 Commandments.

Thou shalt not create a game that doesn't meet the minimum resolution of 480p.

2 years after the Xbox has launched I had thought that most developers, especially the large ones, would know better. Nope. Not EA. Rising Sun officially only supports 480i. Heck even Medal of Honor: Front Line at least supported 480p. So what does this mean to us? Well for anyone with an HDTV it means the game will look about as good as a PS1 game. It is bad enough that companys continue to put out games that aren't widescreen, but 480i?! Come on. This is EA's second offense. Agent Under Fire was their first. Only a few other games exist on this ultimate Xbox **** list.

To EA:
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun is getting crap reviews anyways.

EA sucks

Skankeez

that picture is going to give me nightmares

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

EA does suck. You know, I used to like this crap we call a game developer(EA). I used to play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault almost exclusively. This went on for a whole, i dont know, 3 months or so, before I got Halo and all the other good games on Xbox. And now they dont support live. I mean, yes, they only support 480i. O well, for me, thats nothing. I have a crap TV anyway. But to me, their big turn-off is their relentless effort to try and stay away from Xbox Live for as long as possible. What the H, E, Double Hockey Stix(wow, that sounds so stupid). I was soooooooo excited for Battlefield on the Xbox. I even bought it for PC just to prep for the Live experience, as I knew I'd spend more time on Live over Gamespy or some other Tunnel program. Needless to say, I loved it. Who didn't? Then, EA does what I had hoped to God and to all that this world represents they wouldn't do, cancel the game. Those stupid bastages. I hate them so much. I can't express to you the hatred I possess for them.

I'm not a real big EA hatter, meaning if I see a game I want I'll get it but they do still Suck, I was just watching tv and seen a commerical for EA sports network, sounds alot like XSN to me and now that they have that, they can now advertize all there sports games without saying there on Xbox making them sound exclusive, thats really stupid.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

I love these i hate EA threads....they allways give me a great laugh...okay, let see.... C'mon dude...EA will be supporting live in the near future.....Agent underfire was that bad..You know something..it must really be hurting you guys that EA isn't onlive....The way some of you bellyache over them..For such an so called over rated and crappy game company.... Xbox politics or should i say politricks.....Bash what you don't have untill you get it.. Case in point....GTA/vice city....I saw posts that it was the worst game every made...it's boring...it's overrated...it's Playstation 2 game of the year....Now that it's on the XBOX...it's so cool..the game is so fun....we got the best version...It's going to be the same for EA games when the come on board with Xbox live...People won't be so stupid then for playing Madden then, or NBA live......There a word for that..and it starts with an "H" ........... Ya feel me player.... Hate em untill you get em...works for me It's not a rant, it's just how i see it...
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    Case in point....GTA/vice city....I saw posts that it was the worst game every made...it's boring...it's overrated...it's Playstation 2 game of the year....Now that it's on the XBOX...it's so cool..the game is so fun....we got the best version..
    could you find me a member on the forums who has done this? I hated Vice ****ty on PS2 and I hate it on Xbox.... so could you give me a link to two different thread where the same member has bashed the PS2 version and loved the Xbox version.... Cause I bash both cause the game sucks.

So you think i am wrong....let's talk...if you think i'm full of it tell me why...
    Last edited by Evil_Dr_Beefy; 11-16-2003 at 07:47 PM.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

EA...hmm....doesn't mind about it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I would also have to say that your wrong. I didn't think Vice City sucked, I was just jealous it wasn't on the box. Now that its on the box im happy. Never thought this game sucked though.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

I never said it sucked, because I never played the game. I knew it had to be badass, so I picked up the Double Pack. Not to mention it is 2 games for the price of 1.

Anyway, EA has been put on my hate list. Until they give me what I want...there is no reason to support them. I got BF1942 on PC.....great game. NFS3....great game on PC. As far as Xbox games go, them not supporting xbl put it pretty clear to me that they didn't want my business.

So, yeah...I do not like EA at all. IMO, they have made it pretty clear that they favor PS2 over Xbox. I really don't understand why they make games for the xbox in the first place. Published or developed......when they are behind it, the games they make suck on xbox.

It's not a rant, just how I see it.

C'mon guy....the Fanbase used to ripped gta and vice city a new one.....you can't tell me the vice city / gta bashing wasn't common place....but that's a side point....i wanted to talk about how the fanbase(not just this forum) bashes something untill it comes to the xbox.. like the whole EA hated thing.......you can't tell me that it's not a jeaous thing....Or is ? Love to know what you guys thing.....am i wrong?

Fosho...mmm... give me what i want and i will go away..that's cool...So once EA and microsoft kiss and make up.....you would support EA games again? You as a gamer, won't have any hard feeling for EA..and the past will be forgotten....
    Last edited by Evil_Dr_Beefy; 11-16-2003 at 08:16 PM.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

If it is a good game and you can tell they gave a damn about what they made, I may change my tune. Until then, they haven't shown me, as a consumer and videogame lover, that I should give them any of my money.

So this whole affair is EA fault ? and microsoft doesn't have to share in the blame? I heard that EA just wanted more control over there games on the network and wanted more of the pie..is that so wrong?....i just don't think that microsoft can just walk away from all of this clean.....
    Last edited by Evil_Dr_Beefy; 11-16-2003 at 08:23 PM.

im kind of connfused y some of u are saying u hate EA's games but still want them on live. if u hate them then y do u want them on live?

So this whole affair is EA fault ? and microsoft doesn't have to share in the blame? I heard that EA just wanted more control over there games on the network and wanted more of the pie..is that so wrong?....i just don't think that microsoft can just walk away from all of this clean.....
    Yes, it is wrong. EA didn't put up the network for XBox live. They don't have to do anything for Xbox Live except program in the ability to use it. Microsoft has to pay for everything that is happening on Live. They have the final decision as it is thier product, it isn't EA's product. Why would one company let another have any sort of control over thier product? If EA want thier games on Live, then they have to surrender the online components to XBox, that is just the way it is.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

C'mon dude...EA will be supporting live in the near future
    I don't care, I won't be supporting them. This doesn't even have to do with Live. They continue to and consistently screw over the Xbox every shot they get. None of it is justified. 480p aside, they port over games and actually REDUCE the frame rate? Need for Speed anyone? Then they port over another game and lower the graphics, Lord of the Rings: Two Towers. Then the rest are just ports.

They show no effort in producing a decent, money worthy game for the Xbox.

I actually really like EA's PC side. I play BF1942 all the time. I used to play MoH: AA all the time on PC. This is all because the games are developed for the PC and they put in some effort. That isn't the case for the Xbox.

So EA, get on Live, start caring for Xbox, I don't care anymore. You won't be getting this Xbox gamer's money.

As for GTA3, I don't recall many people saying the game sucked. Most loved it and were just upset that it wasn't on the Xbox. Now it is, with improved graphics and features like custom soundtrack, in a doublepack so both games for the price of one. That shows effort. Of course some did say it was over rated, or just didn't like it like bretman. I don't see him changing his opinion.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default Re: EA officially worst developer for Xbox.

Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Bwahahahahaahha, Oh man, that's some funny ish! Either way, unless Winning Eleven finds its way the Xbox, specifically XBL, Fifa on Live will make me content!
    FUSA

Starving College Student

I love these i hate EA threads....they allways give me a great laugh...okay, let see.... C'mon dude...EA will be supporting live in the near future.....Agent underfire was that bad..You know something..it must really be hurting you guys that EA isn't onlive....The way some of you bellyache over them..For such an so called over rated and crappy game company.... Xbox politics or should i say politricks.....Bash what you don't have untill you get it.. Case in point....GTA/vice city....I saw posts that it was the worst game every made...it's boring...it's overrated...it's Playstation 2 game of the year....Now that it's on the XBOX...it's so cool..the game is so fun....we got the best version...It's going to be the same for EA games when the come on board with Xbox live...People won't be so stupid then for playing Madden then, or NBA live......There a word for that..and it starts with an "H" ........... Ya feel me player.... Hate em untill you get em...works for me It's not a rant, it's just how i see it...
    i've said before that vice city is overrated and i still say it, after buying and selling vice city PC.

as for EA, the only games i'll buy are ones they don't develop. EA-published ones can be great (bf1942, allied assault, black and white) everything else is crap. i wouldn't play rising sun or any of their bodn games, on or offline.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information