Thread: new tv...

Eek new tv...

i just got a new 65' wide screen tv. which games wont work properly on it??

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

If you look on the back, it will tell you which game takes advantage of HD features. All games will work on it, but widescreen, you have to go into your dashboard setting and set it to widescreen. Yesterday, my wife just ordered my 46" widescreen HD monitor, it wont get delivered until the 9th of dec. That give me time to get an entertainment center together and so on.

Talking

oooo...thanks alot man!

And before you get started, Calibrate Calibrate Calibrate!!

You can refer to my HD site for info on that, and how to protect and get every ounce of performance out of your investment.

http://www.lynxfx.com/hdtv/

BTW, most of the boxes do not show the correct information on back. More times than not they have been wrong, or misguided. We have HD and Widescreen settings listed on all the games here under their profiles. They are pretty accurate.

Enjoy your new tv.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Christian Metal Network morrowindGOD's Avatar

i just got a new 27inch sharp hdtv im so happy!
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    ~~~uNrEaL CHaMp~~~
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\

calibrate... wuts that?!?!?

Originally posted by MikeMan91389
    calibrate... wuts that?!?!?
    Buy a copy of Video Essentials or AVIA on dvd. They are professional dvd's that will take you step by step on setting up your tv's brightness, contrast and color settings to the proper level. Not only do you end up with a picture 10x better than what came out of the box, but it protects (not prevent) from troubles like burn in, and scorch settings.

Think of it like fine tuning a car and doing regular oil changes. Sure you don't have to, but the life of your car will drastically go down and problems are most likely going to arise.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Buy a copy of Video Essentials or AVIA on dvd. They are professional dvd's that will take you step by step on setting up your tv's brightness, contrast and color settings to the proper level. Not only do you end up with a picture 10x better than what came out of the box, but it protects (not prevent) from troubles like burn in, and scorch settings.

Think of it like fine tuning a car and doing regular oil changes. Sure you don't have to, but the life of your car will drastically go down and problems are most likely going to arise.
    Would you suggest calibrating a normal tv? I just recently got a flat screen 27 inch. Should I calibrate that with one of those cds?

I would. The result won't be as drastic as on a rear projection, or large screen tv, but you will still end up with a better overall image. Better blacks, and shadow detail, correct flesh tones etc.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Thanks.. where could i buy one of those????

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

i have a 55" regular TV and that thing is all i need

Originally posted by MikeMan91389

Thanks.. where could i buy one of those????
    Video Essentials : $16.48 w/ free shipping. Excellent price. The original was $50.
    ---Hidden Content ---

My 52" TV is coming Friday. Hopefully I can get this DVD here around the same time. Thanks for the info.
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Most games will probably work on it but just not in Wide screen.

PGR 2 is a cool game to play in Wdie-Screen, give it a try !
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Thread Information