Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA double pack

Default GTA double pack

just bought this and im having a problem . . . Vice City keeps freezing up. SOmetime it does and sometimes it doesnt. . . Its ******* me off. I polayed GTA3 and no freezes. It seems like when I use the custom soundtrack this happenes ? ANyone have any info on this or can help ?

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Don't have it yet, but like you say, try it without the customs soundtracks.
    Back into the world of gaming.

IVe had VC freeze on me one time when I had played for hours and tried changing stations real fast while I had 5 stars worth of cops chasing me. Thats the only time though. Do you have a Thompson, Philips, or Samsung DVD Drive?

Originally posted by LiquidX
    IVe had VC freeze on me one time when I had played for hours and tried changing stations real fast while I had 5 stars worth of cops chasing me. Thats the only time though. Do you have a Thompson, Philips, or Samsung DVD Drive?
    I have no idea .. . I bought the xbox like the first month it was out.

They say that the "thomson" DVD drives are having problems with the GTA: Double Pack, but I think thats a bunch of Sh*t! It could be that your cd is stratched severly at a certain point where it loads the game, it has happened to me with a rental game. Check ur CD, if nothing is stracthed then just keep playin BUT if it keeps freezing get a new copy! You paid for it, you DESERVE a working game!
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

how can i tell what cd rom i have ?

Skankeez

Originally posted by T-FiNGeR
    They say that the "thomson" DVD drives are having problems with the GTA: Double Pack, but I think thats a bunch of Sh*t! It could be that your cd is stratched severly at a certain point where it loads the game, it has happened to me with a rental game. Check ur CD, if nothing is stracthed then just keep playin BUT if it keeps freezing get a new copy! You paid for it, you DESERVE a working game!
    its probably not a bunch of sh*t cuz alot of those thompson drives are crapping out so its really no suprise

this game's so old, that it's nothing to get excited about

Default GTA

COOL I CANT WAIT TO PLAY GTA ON XBOX

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

Hey mini, lets try reading the topic post from now on k?
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

Originally posted by BenWells
    It depends on what time you got your XBox. If you got it withing the first 6 to 8 months, you'll have the Thompson. If you got it after it's either the Samsung or Phillips.

never really had it freeze up with me until i put custom sound tracks on and then it started, so i took them off and it works fine
    -Mark

Originally posted by BananaMan
    never really had it freeze up with me until i put custom sound tracks on and then it started, so i took them off and it works fine

take them off as change the radio station or as in taking them off the hard drive ?

i gues if have the Thompson than . . . whats going on with those may i ask ? Someone said they were crapping out . . . how much money does it cost to get replaced if the drive ****s up ?

I have the Thompson (sp?) too. Got my Xbox @ launch, and I have had some pretty bad problems w/ GTA: DP and Morrowind GOTY. I'm going to try and get a new Xbox, as I've heard most peeps have had very few problems with locking up on those.

Yeah, it's an unfortunate thing- Ever since games on CDs became the norm, launch consoles have never quite been up-to-snuff. Good luck duder, I hope you get things settled.

Ugunnalose

mine doesnt freeZe up on either discs w/wo custom soundtracks

i headr there was a bug with changing the radio/music volume..... i dont know for sure though

I have had two freezes , nothing that bad, and once I lost all the music nothing would play I have played 3-7 hours a day though , and I think I have a thompson drive, I had a few freezes on Morrowind , But GTA froze on PS2 and the PC , and Morrwind froze on PC and Xbox , its just the game,

Originally posted by BenWells
    If you open it up and the hole is U shaped you have a Thompson. If its shaped like a lightbulb, like mine, you have a Philips. If there is one big hole in the middle and two small ones towards the front you have a Samsung. Im pretty sure thats it but someone correct me if im wrong!

So basically what you all are saying is that my XBOX sucks ass and it was a waste of money to buy it ?

And someone said something about the problem being teh game ? Should i exchange it for another copy ?

Thread Information