Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cs

Default cs

i just picked it up and noone really seems to be on live and there are only 5, i repeat FIVE ranked players. Anyone picked it up? If so give me yer gamertag and we can play! Another good thing about it is you have to have at least 6 people in a game to get stats, that means if a cheater tries to get with his other account to shoot it up, it won't count! yay cheaters suck! but anyways i did a review so check it out. See ya on live!
    -Mark

Yo banaman, u r 1 of the "pioneers" of CS! Be proud, cuz in about 1 month after Christmas hits, there will be TONS of ppl online. And when that happens u can say "i was one of the first ppl on CS, on XBL!"
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

Maybe its because only a fraction of Xbox owners have live and they were too stupid to add the single player missions.

Then again it may be because its a 5 year old PC game that anyone who bought a computer in the last dacade could play for $10.

I knew that game was gonna turn out terrible from the first day I read saw it on the internet. There's no replay value to that game at all. Same thing over and over and over.

umm I dunno if you guys know this or not but the game just came out TODAY.... dont expect 100,000 ppl online the first day! RainBow six: 3 is hot right now and every1 is waitin till christmas to get CS. After christmas ALL new XBL games will be pumping wit ppl! U'll see!

ok guys an update!: now there are TONS of servers and TONS of people on and now there are tons of people ranked! the game is great online and offline singleplayer games get ranked on xbox live also by the skill level. plus i've encountered no cheaters! yay!!! but i did see moonpie on.. but anyways if anyone has picked it up send me an invite: BanananMan

--EDIT-- i still haven't been able to figure out how to do custom soundtracks..but i don't think that it'd go well on this game unless your on single player...
    Last edited by BananaMan; 11-19-2003 at 05:45 PM.
    -Mark

Wow, see how ppl jump to insults as soon as there is alittle doubt of wat a game is supposed to be... every1 jumped on CS as soon as nanaman said no1 was online. Ppl gotta give a game a chance b4 callin it "not fun, it's too repetive", i think i heard that somwhere.....

Originally posted by greendog97
    I knew that game was gonna turn out terrible from the first day I read saw it on the internet. There's no replay value to that game at all. Same thing over and over and over.
    ...and over and over and over.

Sounds like plenty of replay value to me!

Derka Derka Allah Jihad

IMO,CS is not worth the $53.49 I ran to the store to dish out.Dont get me wrong its fun but RB6/3 fun I dont think so.This game should be sold at 29.99 or even go for the platnium price of 19.99.I think XIII is gona turn this game out!!!Fo Sho!!!

Originally posted by nutsnyomowf
    IMO,CS is not worth the $53.49 I ran to the store to dish out.Dont get me wrong its fun but RB6/3 fun I dont think so.This game should be sold at 29.99 or even go for the platnium price of 19.99.I think XIII is gona turn this game out!!!Fo Sho!!!
    nah it is worth every penny IMO. Rainbow six 3 doesn't even compete because it has no objectives except to kill. In CS you have objectives. See ya on live!
    -Mark

BananaMan, how are the sounds in the game -such as gunfire, reloading, footfall, etc? Do the weapons have distinguished sounds, or do they all sound the same? Also, what kinda weapons are there to choose from? I heard something about you had to buy your weapons? I didn't quite get that, but anywho.

Also, how would you rate the game's graphics? I'm considering getting this game, but I want to get LIVE first. Thanks.
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Derka Derka Allah Jihad

The graphics are very low quailty.Game play is fun, u can hear players walking.The flashbang grenade is totaly blinding u cant, see a dang thang.Targeting is way better than RB6/3 (I'll give it that)the jump adds for sum nice surprise ambush(more freedom than RB6/3) You start out with a pistol and $800 dollars to buy sum gear.for everykill that goes down or mission completed your funds began to stack up. Honestly I would wait on this game for the price to drop.I know it will be on sale soon at BestBuy or CircuitCity.I jus dont think it holds its on as a heavy hitter.

Its the Live experience that is gonna be great, i should be picking this up next week.

I just picked it up today. It's pretty cool so far. Add me to your list! wee!
    Games i own: Halo 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal II, Midtown Madness 3, Halo, State of Emergency.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yes, Counter-Strike is repetitive, but, for some amazing reason, the game keeps you coming back and back and back...and on the PC, it has people coming back and back and back and back and back........

Originally posted by Splinter-Seal
    BananaMan, how are the sounds in the game -such as gunfire, reloading, footfall, etc? Do the weapons have distinguished sounds, or do they all sound the same? Also, what kinda weapons are there to choose from? I heard something about you had to buy your weapons? I didn't quite get that, but anywho.

Also, how would you rate the game's graphics? I'm considering getting this game, but I want to get LIVE first. Thanks.
    The sounds are fairly good each gun has a different sound, there's even small sounds like when you get shot in the head and you have a helmet on you can hear a ping. There are alot of weapons such as the Desert Eagle, M249 SAW, UMP, Silenced M4, .45, Magnum Sniper Rifle(AWP),etc,etc. And buying your weapons you start out each round with 800 dollars and a pistol, and as you get kills,plant bombs, save hostages, win matches,etc. you get more money. The shield is an awesome weapon for clearing hallways or vents. two grenades will kill you though and you move very slowly.These are my ratings:

Gameplay:5
    Visuals:3.5
    Sounds:5
    Replay Value: 4.5

It's a great game, you should pick it up!

the only thing that is really annoying is people going around calling everyone noobs... the game just come out today, they should check theirselves. And occasionally there is a smacktard that will not plant the bomb. but other than that it's a MUST HAVE!

i'll give you more of an update tomorrow once i play more maps, and etc.
    Last edited by BananaMan; 11-19-2003 at 09:48 PM.
    -Mark

Hey, thanks alot for the information. I really like great graphics, but to me sounds are almost as important. Nothing gripes me anymore than cars that sound lame, or the same -same thing for weapons. I mean, I know it's probably hard to get an M-249 SAW to sound JUST like an M-249 SAW, but com'on, at least make an attempt.
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Originally posted by Splinter-Seal
    Hey, thanks alot for the information. I really like great graphics, but to me sounds are almost as important. Nothing gripes me anymore than cars that sound lame, or the same -same thing for weapons. I mean, I know it's probably hard to get an M-249 SAW to sound JUST like an M-249 SAW, but com'on, at least make an attempt.
    yeah no problem, i'll get back to you guys for more tomorrow when i play alot more of the maps, alot of the servers only run dust,miami, and a couple of others. Fastline is a great map! more reviews tmrw
    -Mark

good god i want mine now. i hate waiting for my copy to come in, i should have just bought from wal mart at full price...

did you do that EB reserve thing over the internet? because if you had reserved it at the store you could still get it like 30% off or something like that and with the bonus. I preordered mine the 17th at my local EB and picked it up early today and i still got it for like 34.99 and the dvd cover, not to mention the guide from brady games for five bucks off of it also.
    -Mark

Thread Information