Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Rumormill: Microsoft in Talks with Square-Enix for Xbox and Xbox2 Games

  1. #1
    Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,238

    Default Rumormill: Microsoft in Talks with Square-Enix for Xbox and Xbox2 Games

    Jeux-France.com notes that Yoshihiro Maruyama (General Manager of Microsoft's Japanese Xbox business) : "What the Xbox lacks now are RPG games, which Japanese gamers like, and games featuring strong characters like Gundam. Obviously, something must be done about this. I believe it is my job to get titles like this for the current system and for the launch of the next system. We'll have to make an environment where they will want to do business on our platform."
    Back into the world of gaming.

  2. #2
    Registered User Peepers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    I wouldn't be too optimistic about this. IIRC, Sony owns a significant share of Square.

  3. #3
    Liberals are doodyheads!! DrunkenSmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by Peepers
    I wouldn't be too optimistic about this. IIRC, Sony owns a significant share of Square.
    If I'm not mistaken, Sony owns 25% of Square. I did read that a long time ago though.

  4. #4
    Registered User Peepers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Originally posted by DrunkenSmurf


    If I'm not mistaken, Sony owns 25% of Square. I did read that a long time ago though.
    I think you're right. That's more than enough to be a deal-breaker.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    278

    Default

    You people are morons. MS has been in talks with Square YEARS before XBOX even launched. They have been in talks ever since.

    Square will make games on XBox once its the most popular console. So far it has to surpas nintendo and sony.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Excuse me if I'm wrong....hasn't Xbox already surpassed Nintendo? I would by another xbox over a gamecube....Playstation on the other hand....at least it has games over the E rating....IMO I think that the last good console Nintendo had was the SNES...yes I miss those days.
    No officer, I wasn't speeding. But I passed some idiots who were!

  7. #7
    The Avenger Uchiha Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    AWOL!
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Originally posted by Spammy
    Excuse me if I'm wrong....hasn't Xbox already surpassed Nintendo? I would by another xbox over a gamecube....Playstation on the other hand....at least it has games over the E rating....IMO I think that the last good console Nintendo had was the SNES...yes I miss those days.
    It has surpassed Nintendo only in sales. Nintendo and Sony though are household names, they are know by everyone. MS has to probably acquire that to achieve Squaresoft's support.
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

    Hidden Content

    ~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Registered User Peepers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Originally posted by SmileBit
    You people are morons. MS has been in talks with Square YEARS before XBOX even launched. They have been in talks ever since.

    Square will make games on XBox once its the most popular console. So far it has to surpas nintendo and sony.
    Thus spaketh the idiot!

  9. #9
    Liberals are doodyheads!! DrunkenSmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by SmileBit
    You people are morons. MS has been in talks with Square YEARS before XBOX even launched. They have been in talks ever since.

    Square will make games on XBox once its the most popular console. So far it has to surpas nintendo and sony.
    Congrats!!!! You just showed how ghey you are.

  10. #10
    Registered User Peepers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Originally posted by DrunkenSmurf


    Congrats!!!! You just showed how ghey you are.
    You mean ***. Dang't! Again I'm censored by the man!

  11. #11
    Liberals are doodyheads!! DrunkenSmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by Peepers


    You mean ***. Dang't! Again I'm censored by the man!
    Yeah, the man is keepin us down

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Originally posted by Substance Snake


    It has surpassed Nintendo only in sales. Nintendo and Sony though are household names, they are know by everyone. MS has to probably acquire that to achieve Squaresoft's support.

    I'm pretty sure Microsoft is a household name. Unless some has been living in a cave for the last 20 years and has never seen a personal computer.

    Thats got nothing to do with it. Anyone who knows what a Game Cube is knows what an Xbox is.


    ps SmileBit, you are a retard. You insult everyone else and your not even right yourself. They will make a deal when it makes finacial sense, not when Xbox wins a popularity contest. If that was the case then the console thats strugled the most, until a $99 price drop, wouldn't have any FF games being developed for it. If your going to be an @sshole atleast be correct.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •