Thread: Rumormill: Microsoft in Talks with Square-Enix for Xbox and Xbox2 Games

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Rumormill: Microsoft in Talks with Square-Enix for Xbox and Xbox2 Games

Jeux-France.com notes that Yoshihiro Maruyama (General Manager of Microsoft's Japanese Xbox business) : "What the Xbox lacks now are RPG games, which Japanese gamers like, and games featuring strong characters like Gundam. Obviously, something must be done about this. I believe it is my job to get titles like this for the current system and for the launch of the next system. We'll have to make an environment where they will want to do business on our platform."
    Back into the world of gaming.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about this. IIRC, Sony owns a significant share of Square.

Liberals are doodyheads!! DrunkenSmurf's Avatar

Originally posted by Peepers
    I wouldn't be too optimistic about this. IIRC, Sony owns a significant share of Square.
    If I'm not mistaken, Sony owns 25% of Square. I did read that a long time ago though.

Originally posted by DrunkenSmurf

If I'm not mistaken, Sony owns 25% of Square. I did read that a long time ago though.
    I think you're right. That's more than enough to be a deal-breaker.

You people are morons. MS has been in talks with Square YEARS before XBOX even launched. They have been in talks ever since.

Square will make games on XBox once its the most popular console. So far it has to surpas nintendo and sony.

Excuse me if I'm wrong....hasn't Xbox already surpassed Nintendo? I would by another xbox over a gamecube....Playstation on the other hand....at least it has games over the E rating....IMO I think that the last good console Nintendo had was the SNES...yes I miss those days.
    No officer, I wasn't speeding. But I passed some idiots who were!

Originally posted by Spammy
    Excuse me if I'm wrong....hasn't Xbox already surpassed Nintendo? I would by another xbox over a gamecube....Playstation on the other hand....at least it has games over the E rating....IMO I think that the last good console Nintendo had was the SNES...yes I miss those days.
    It has surpassed Nintendo only in sales. Nintendo and Sony though are household names, they are know by everyone. MS has to probably acquire that to achieve Squaresoft's support.
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

Originally posted by SmileBit
    You people are morons. MS has been in talks with Square YEARS before XBOX even launched. They have been in talks ever since.

Square will make games on XBox once its the most popular console. So far it has to surpas nintendo and sony.
    Thus spaketh the idiot!

Originally posted by SmileBit

Congrats!!!! You just showed how ghey you are.

Originally posted by DrunkenSmurf

Congrats!!!! You just showed how ghey you are.
    You mean ***. Dang't! Again I'm censored by the man!

Originally posted by Peepers

You mean ***. Dang't! Again I'm censored by the man!
    Yeah, the man is keepin us down

Originally posted by Substance Snake

It has surpassed Nintendo only in sales. Nintendo and Sony though are household names, they are know by everyone. MS has to probably acquire that to achieve Squaresoft's support.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is a household name. Unless some has been living in a cave for the last 20 years and has never seen a personal computer.

Thats got nothing to do with it. Anyone who knows what a Game Cube is knows what an Xbox is.

ps SmileBit, you are a retard. You insult everyone else and your not even right yourself. They will make a deal when it makes finacial sense, not when Xbox wins a popularity contest. If that was the case then the console thats strugled the most, until a $99 price drop, wouldn't have any FF games being developed for it. If your going to be an @sshole atleast be correct.

Thread Information