Thread: Your thoughts on Dues Ex.

Default Your thoughts on Dues Ex.

When I first made this thread I filled it with pics and info on the game and all kinds of stuff. (I like doing that) But then I thought I wanted to make this thread not to inform you about this game but rather to find out what you think about this game Now.
    So your thoughts on it or what you know about it?
    Will you be picking it up? It releases in a few weeks.
    I got enough money for one more game and I am trying to think of which one I want, because you know Ninja Gaiden is comming out in a few weeks too, like the 15th. My real problem though is that I own all the consoles and the GBA sp, all of which have some great games out and comming out.

what to do what to do
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Deus Ex is my next purchase. I'm pretty excited for it, too. I must say, I love everything about the game from the graphics, to the thematics, to the gameplay elements....just everything. The fact it is a FPS/RPG hybrid only draws me in more (I'm a way bigger fan of the latter). From the Developer Diaries I've read, it seems a lot of work went into every aspect of this game.

I like that they built the levels/maps with the intention of letting the player decide any number of methods to - say - bypass a battle droid. You can blast the F out of it, you can hack it via a terminal and shut it down, you can access a nearby cannon and blast it w/ that. The fact you determine the outcome of everything, making allegiences as you see fit (while not being pushed into any particular one) just makes me drool. So, yeah, for those and many other reasons, this is and has been my most eagerly anticipated game of the year (seeing as Fable and B.C. are still months away, at least).

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Fable and BC could be years away IMO. lol
    Anyway see the problem I have is that on a few other sites I am hearing all these bad things about the game, like bugs and what not. Well I have decided to DL the Demo that just came out and give that a shot to see if I really want this. It may be true that there are some real issues and that may keep me from getting it.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Originally posted by Brevity
    Fable and BC could be years away IMO. lol
    No kidding. Getting any new screens or videos for these games just doesn't happen. It really kinda burns my ass they don't divulge a little more. Oh well.

As far as Deus Ex, I haven't heard any complaints. Are they in regards to the PC demo?

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

I will be picking Deus Ex up for sure. It should keep me happy till some more games come out
    May 6th, 2003 -9:15 PM- Won AirFlo Controller in Contest Hidden Content

Dues Ex looks awesome.. Im deff. gonna buy it. I hope its all it shows to be... I'll be busy with that until H2 comes out...

I will download the PC demo tonight. My brother had it, but it didn't run good on his PC.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

damn i cant wait for this game. i loved the first one. i remember reading about this a year ago and thinking it would be impossible for them to do what they said. but i guess not unless they took some of the stuuf out. i heard if you walk in a room and bump into a table and knock over a cup or bottle the npc will notice and search the room. and they notice shadows and other stuff like that, does anyone have any idea where i can see some vidz or some good articles on this game. thanx

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Don't even say something about Fable or BC cause i have too many headache about these ones.
    Back into the world of gaming.

skorp

Default Re: Your thoughts on Dues Ex.

Originally posted by Brevity
    When I first made this thread I filled it with pics and info on the game and all kinds of stuff. (I like doing that) But then I thought I wanted to make this thread not to inform you about this game but rather to find out what you think about this game Now.
    So your thoughts on it or what you know about it?
    Will you be picking it up? It releases in a few weeks.
    I got enough money for one more game and I am trying to think of which one I want, because you know Ninja Gaiden is comming out in a few weeks too, like the 15th. My real problem though is that I own all the consoles and the GBA sp, all of which have some great games out and comming out.

what to do what to do

Must be hard right now to own all 3 systems... huh I can imagine!

My situation has been similar... I play games on my PC ( Call Of Duty at the moment) my sisters boyfriend is now playing the PS2...(no time for it) My gf wants a Gamecube for the Resident Evil games out... including Mario Kart Double Dash and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...

But for example if we do get FF:CC for example shes gonna want me to play it with her and now I gotta get an extra Gameboy Advance SP I believe to play it in multiplayer...

But see... Their are alot of games on Thee Box including Dues Ex that I plan to get whether its 2 weeks from now or sometime next year but I still plan too...

Anyway, so what I decided to do is focus on the Xbox games first... Since she still enjoys playing Halo, Kung Fu Chaos, etc til now... (whew)

So good luck to you... Hope you resolve things!
    Last edited by skorp; 11-25-2003 at 11:43 PM.

i am picking it up myself and getting the other games for christmas.

Thread Information