Thread: Unreal 2 The Awakening

BinaryXtreme

Thumbs up Unreal 2 The Awakening

In early 2003, the Unreal® adventure continued with the highly anticipated release of the action shooter Unreal II - The Awakening. Now, that PC hit is recharged and reloaded as a gripping Xbox™ Live release, packed with brand new explosive excitement for solo, team and multiplayer combat.

All of the suspense, adrenaline-pumping destruction and awesome visuals from the original are there, along with a full lineup of unique multiplayer options that serious shooter fans won't want to miss. Player-controlled vehicles add to the carnage, acting as both transport and heavy weaponry – launch into battle and mow down the opposition!

Along the outer edge of space, players are plunged into a desperate mission to kill all comers - alien and otherwise - and prevent the awakening of an evil force. With a mind-boggling array of firepower, hardened warriors must protect the last gasp of humanity through scorching heat, over icy terrain and within eerie alien cities.

Game Features:
    Full Xbox Live support, with multiplayer modes that include head-to-head action and class-based team play
    *A crushing arsenal of weapons - and the introduction of blazing fast armored vehicles*
    A variety of mission objectives (assault, infiltration, defense), providing for a diverse gameplay experience
    Famed Unreal Engine technology, resulting in enormously detailed graphics, ranging from fire and smoke, and hair and clothing, to enormous alien worlds with breath-taking vistas and claustrophobic underground tunnels
    Relentless enemies: Soldiers, aliens and the return of the feared Skaarj, from the original Unreal
    A wide range of battlegrounds, from lush jungles to arid deserts
    A riveting, foreboding plotline taking players from mission to mission

Someone had pointed out that there were no vehicles in this version. Here is a text I pasted from Atari.com. I can't wait. Vehicles ya! *****en'!

Viewtiful Revelation

I want this. Gonna buy Championship first, but this sounds good too.

Starving College Student

should i buy unreal 2k4 for PC, or unreal2 for xbox?

2k4 looks really awesome..like a prettier Battlefield 1942 in space..

but unreal2x is live and has vehicles too...

aghhh
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yup, both this game and Unreal 2004 look amazing, and I can't help but to get both!
    FUSA

bust a nut

when is it out??

Viewtiful Revelation

Unreal 2 was supposed to come out in December, but according to EBgames its new date is February 11th.

And Unreal Tournament 2004 comes out on PC on February 3rd (special edition of Unreal 2 for PC comes out the same day for $30)

ChromaticStudios.net AloneInTheDark's Avatar

Class based? As in like RTCW with a medic, and stuff like that? Kick ass..well if thats what it is.

I ain't got next to nothing on my mind.
    I'll be alright when I see you right after five.
    I don't got to lie.
    Baby we can go get hi-igh
    RIP DZ RIP DZ

Viewtiful Revelation

Not sure, Unreal 2 is supposed to have a great single player campaign in addition to some cool multiplayer (XBL included).

I had Championship and played it for a few months just learning to hate it. I definately can't wait for this one. The single player game (on the pc version at least) is boring as hell but I will only get it for the multiplayer.

i cant wait till feb!.. Xbox over Pc... I like the controller better

The PSKT is for...

UGH! It got pushed back to February? I was looking foreward to this coming out on December 2nd.

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

Thread Information