Thread: Game Problems??

XBOX Car Game Addict! JB20_2003's Avatar

Question Game Problems??

Hi, I purchased 007 Agent Under Fire and NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and both of these games have cut out on me in the middle of playing a them and both have lost their saved games as a result. That happened to both some months ago now and has never happened again, well minorly without losing the saved games just shutting down. I have 7 more games and it has never happened to any of those so I don't think it was the Xbox hard drive. Has anyone else run into this problem? And should I do anything about it?
    Last edited by JB20_2003; 11-30-2003 at 08:12 PM.
    - Justin

Games Owned: Sega GT 2002, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, 007 Agent Under Fire, Rallisport Challenge, Wreckless, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, Enter The Matrix, GTA Double Pack

I never experienced it. I don't think anyone else can answer the problem though with a decent answer. I would call Microsoft about it and ask. Of course, they will probably say it needs repair to make money...

Son of a Biscuit!!! LINKINPARK8591's Avatar

never heard of that before and never happened to me the only trouble i've had with mine is turned it off once and it started to make a weird sound like it was scratching the cd but it didn't......

Yea, I got that weird rumbling noise a few time before as well. Only time my game ever froze was while playing True Crime, and it happened a couple times, then stopped. I think it was the game though, afterall, I did rent it.
    Hidden Content
    Aint War Special?

I just recently bought an xbox bundle that includes Halo and MM3. I can play MM3 in single player, but when I tried to play it on Live I get an error message that my xbox can't recognize the disk

I borrowed an original disk from a friend of mine but that works without a problem.

This problem also happened once with PGR2. I am beginning to suspect that it is my dvd-drive (a thomson) that is the culprit

The Resident Metalhead darkfusion's Avatar

Originally posted by ^ReXoR^
    I just recently bought an xbox bundle that includes Halo and MM3. I can play MM3 in single player, but when I tried to play it on Live I get an error message that my xbox can't recognize the disk

I borrowed an original disk from a friend of mine but that works without a problem.

This problem also happened once with PGR2. I am beginning to suspect that it is my dvd-drive (a thomson) that is the culprit
    Hey, I'm buying this bundle too and I would like to know what drive I'm likely to get. Are you sure you got a Thomson? I mean, that bundle is the X-Mas bundle so surely they would have one of the newer drives in? What is the manufacturing date? You can also double check which drive you got with that bundle from the pictures on this site: http://www.gr8r-x.com/techinfo.htm
    Hidden Content

masquerade and revel in your opulence.
    writhe unfettered by your stabs at ignorance.
    swim through hues and whispered tones of heresy,
    a dozen strokes to run your blood cold enough to believe
    remember me?

Originally posted by darkfusion

Hey, I'm buying this bundle too and I would like to know what drive I'm likely to get. Are you sure you got a Thomson? I mean, that bundle is the X-Mas bundle so surely they would have one of the newer drives in? What is the manufacturing date? You can also double check which drive you got with that bundle from the pictures on this site: http://www.gr8r-x.com/techinfo.htm
    Yep it was that site that I checked what drive I have. The funny thing is that when I picked up my bundle and went home to try it the xbox didn't start at all. I had to go back and exchange it to the one that I currently have that MM3 wont work on in live

Wow... You have BAD luck.. LOL

Originally posted by ^ReXoR^

Yep it was that site that I checked what drive I have. The funny thing is that when I picked up my bundle and went home to try it the xbox didn't start at all. I had to go back and exchange it to the one that I currently have that MM3 wont work on in live
    Man that sucks, I can't believe the X-Mas bundle has a Thomson drive in, so much for Microsoft not using Thomsons anymore

Out of intrest, where did you buy it? If I can I will try to buy it elsewhere and see if I get a different disc drive...

Also the Live problem might be that you have a dodgey network card in your Xbox or something, same thing happened to my friends Xbox.
    Hidden Content

remember me?

XBOX Car Game Addict! JB20_2003's Avatar

I didn't know that there even were different brand name DVD drives in the Xbox... I did a little research and it seems like they haven't been putting Thomson Drive in the new xboxs for the last 2 months... Only sad thing is that I have the thomson drive already... I have had very little problems with it so far though and I have played about 50 different games on it. I guess I got one of the good ones.
    - Justin

Games Owned: Sega GT 2002, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, 007 Agent Under Fire, Rallisport Challenge, Wreckless, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, Enter The Matrix, GTA Double Pack

Originally posted by darkfusion

Man that sucks, I can't believe the X-Mas bundle has a Thomson drive in, so much for Microsoft not using Thomsons anymore

Out of intrest, where did you buy it? If I can I will try to buy it elsewhere and see if I get a different disc drive...

Also the Live problem might be that you have a dodgey network card in your Xbox or something, same thing happened to my friends Xbox.
    Nah it is no biggie. That is what warranty is for I am just going to exchange the MM3 disk to one that will work online. PGR2 only failed to start one time. If I am going to have more problems I'll just leave it in to get it fixed.

Sounds good, if I get a Thomson or a Philips in my "Limited Edition" bundle I'm just going to keep switching 'till I get a Samsung

Well, GAME let you take anything back within 10 days for whatever reason, even if it's been used so... may aswell!
    Hidden Content

remember me?

Thread Information