Thread: check out my xbox controller mod

Default check out my xbox controller mod

pretty simple project, hardest part was getting controller back together with all the wires and trying not to smash them.

Haha, that's pretty sweet, man. Nice job.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Great !! Just the last picture look too dark, can't see it fully you gamepad.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Yeah man looks good. Nice work
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Great mod. Gotta love it. Have any linkage to a "How To", or is this something you cooked up?

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Quite impressive.

when xbox2 comes out, im goin all out on my regualar xbox

Originally posted by thrAsher
    Great mod. Gotta love it. Have any linkage to a "How To", or is this something you cooked up?
    i was just experimenting.ill make my own how to....... take your controller apart.........
    1. peel xbox emblem off
    2. hold emblem upside down over a light, take a razor and scrape off the green letters and X untill you reach clear.
    3.where the emblem was, cut out a big hole. leave only enough on the edges so that the emblem could be reaplied. i used a dremel.
    4. make a clear plastic circle the same size as the emblem and place it on the flat side of emblem.hold up to light and use colored permanent markers wherever you want to get the colors to show
    5.superglue the clear piece to the back of emblem superglue the colored emblem back in place on controller.
    6. use a hot glue gun to make lights stay where you want them. i use radioshack lights.
    7. now to get power going to the lights, from controller wire you see 2 black wires and one red wire and a bunch of other colors, black and red is only ones that you will use. one wire from light goes to red and other goes to black. dosent matter which black because one is negative and other is ground, which is basically the same thing.

tips:
    1. for the red power wire, i used a razor to shave off the red coating until i saw the metal. if your not careful you can cut the wire in half and that just makes your job more difficult but i liek using that method.
    2. for the black wire...instead of shaving the coating off, notice there is black plastic between the colorful wires and the big dark green wire. cut it off and you will see some silver wire. there is your black wire. just wrap the light wire around that.
    3. use electrical tape where you connect the wires!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    4. make sure you get the right lights. i think the controller puts out about 4-5 volts. i used a 6 volt light for the X and i used two 1.5 volt lights where it says "xbox". i ran the 2 small lights in circuit( one wire from each light hooked togetehr. and the 2 remaining wires went to the red and black wires.

dunno if this helped but you can get an idea of how i got the colors. oh and that green light is just a 12 volt light i got at radioshack

Good work but the letters would look better in green. Just hope thats not a photoshop creation.

wow that is pretty impressive. good work. i like that blue X. but i dont really like that red color... heh good enough tho

Maritimer

sweet.. you did a good job i would never do anything like that i wouldnt trust myself

Thread Information