Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo tied to DC shootings. No Joke

Default Halo tied to DC shootings. No Joke

i just saw on tv coverage of the DC sniper trial where they alledgedly claim that john muhammed "trained" the younger kid (i forget his name offhand) in basic sniper skills by playing halo.

i heard that and about fell off my chair. im still looking for an official link that quotes this, but i heard it earlier today. all i have to say is that i guess its not all that surprising that video games would be blamed in any crime involving shooting nowadays. but even if this is true, its ridiculous. learning how to snipe by playing halo is equivalent to me being an airline pilot after playing a few rounds of crimson skies. completely ridiculous.

i looked up a couple links and realized this might be old news, but for those of you who havent seen it

http://www.fradical.com/Sniper_train...video_game.htm

Default Re: Halo tied to DC shootings. No Joke

Originally posted by JDJDJD
    but even if this is true, its ridiculous. learning how to snipe by playing halo is equivalent to me being an airline pilot after playing a few rounds of crimson skies. completely ridiculous.

I could not agree with you more. This kind of stuff pisses me off so much. That's like saying since I played Age of Empires I was compelled to ride around on a horse and hack people with a sword... People these days. In my country, I'd have just shot those to *******s and moved on, or hung them upside down in a public square, but that's just me.

Isn't there sniping in awhole lot of other games. Like GTA you beat people to a pulp and run them over and shoot everything. Why do they always blame videogames. Hasn't halo been blamed like this alot of times before? Plus you are shooting aliens not real people and there isn't any gore and the blood is like neon. I only played a demo but come on.

i dont think it has anything to do with whether or not you are shooting aliens with neon blood or people. its the concept behind the game or part of the game the people blame.

Psychotic Captain of EoE ShadowWolf's Avatar

It's people like those one's that screw it all up for the rest of us. I mean, I think we all know using a joystick isn't the same as holding a gun. God America has the dumbest people in the world
    -The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limit
    -To be Old and Wise you first have to be Young and Stupid

Here's the guy's email that wrote the article that suggested Microsoft should be sued for making HALO.

jackthompson@attbi.com

I've a good mind to send him an email.

yeah this stuff pisses me off too... video games dont make you wanna go out and shoot people... but thats messed up when they said they trained by playing Halo... umm i mean theres lots of many violent games out there that has more sniping..........

I don't see how people could even say that. I mean, I'm no gun expert but I know the way a Sniper shoots in Halo is WAY different then real life.

Same with Driving games. I'm suprised car accedents aren't blammed on games yet

HAHA.. thats soo retarded... I learned how to play on the PGA tour, and the MLB last month... Im better than Randy Johnson, and can own Tiger on the golf course.... Thanks to Links and WSB

Thats the stupidist thing ive heard in a very long time.

Xbox games owned: Deus Ex 2, RTCW, Halo, Unreal Champ, NHL Hitz 2002, DOA3, Blood Wake, Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six 3

Looking to trade or sell: NHL Hitz 2002, Sega GT, DOA 3, JSRF, Blood Wake, Unreal Championship, RTCW, Money

Looking for: The TMNT game, DOAX, PGR2

Good Traders list: pg. 23, pg. 56

skorp

Angry

Another Ding-dong blaming video games for their own actions...

Originally posted by CRAYMAN
    Here's the guy's email that wrote the article that suggested Microsoft should be sued for making HALO.

jackthompson@attbi.com

I've a good mind to send him an email.
    thats great...i think i might e-mail him too...neways they cant sue MS and if they did thats not right...i eman c'mon if neone(and im not sayin they should) but they would have to sue Bungie cause they r the ones makin the game...neways i think this whole thing is a big lie and the guys who came up with it should be sued

JK

i cant believe that guy he doent even have his facts straight like most anti game morons. we should constanty e-mail him and tell him what we think about him. i bet you anything he never played halo. a lot of crooks like him try to establish political careers scapgoating stuff whether it movies games or what ever. he is the one that should be sued. people are going to read that and since never playing the game there going to believe it. people like jack thompson are ruining america. i think they need to blame the snipers and not a video game
    Last edited by dd deeznuts; 12-03-2003 at 09:13 PM.

Originally posted by dd deeznuts
    i cant believe that guy he doent even have his facts straight like most anti game morons. we should constanty e-mail him and tell him what we think about him. i bet you anything he never played halo. a lot of crooks like him try to establish political careers scapgoating stuff whether it movies games or what ever. he is the one that should be sued. people are going to read that and since never playing the game there going to believe it. people like jack thompson are ruining america. i think they need to blame the snipers and not a video game
    I think its all games fault...Halo should be sued! I know what hes going through...One time I played Finding Nemo and it made me wanna swim...I mean its obvious games are to blame...

Yeah right, these guys are F King stupid and should be sued for writing stuff like this.. Is it not libel?!

DIEEEEEEE !!!!!

Besides none of tthose people looked like Master Chief that he shot and hes a pretty *** camper n00b as well if he got it from Halo.

Im sorry, maybe thats nt funny to some...But lets chill

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

I think its all games fault...Halo should be sued! I know what hes going through...One time I played Finding Nemo and it made me wanna swim...I mean its obvious games are to blame...

Yeah right, these guys are F King stupid and should be sued for writing stuff like this.. Is it not libel?!

DIEEEEEEE !!!!!

Besides none of tthose people looked like Master Chief that he shot and hes a pretty *** camper n00b as well if he got it from Halo.

haha thats funny man

Ok so if playing halo makes me a sniper, I am quite a qualified person. According to my video-game resume, I am the following...

A capable tank driver
    helecopter pilot
    pro skater, surfer, and bmx biker
    sniper
    surfer
    rogue warrior
    mage
    warlock
    rambo
    racecar driver
    vampire
    some form of priest
    Doctor (Dr. Mario)
    and other obligitory things.

I could have written a much longer list, but thats the point. Playing a video game makes me a better person at playing more video games, little else. I'm not going to play a war game and expect myself to survive in the army. Thats just stupid.

Actually, I can't see this helping with the actual training of a real weapon anyway.

WEll.. Im qualified as:

Navy Seal
    The Rebel Forces
    Sam Fisher
    A Major League Baseball Player
    A football player
    A bball player
    I can beat tiger woods
    Race a racecar
    Fish on ESPN
    Pro Snowboarder

Thats just a few

Death

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

DIEEEEEEE !!!!!

Ha ha. Funny stuff. I know what you mean. I was playing Sega GT 2002, and I wanted to drive a car. It is always the games fault. Yah, we are that damned money hungry, that we decied to sue the makers of games. Genius.

Thread Information