Thread: Phantasy Star Online

Default Phantasy Star Online

Im considering getting PSO after i get Live in a week but i was very pissed off when i found out that i needed to pay and xtra £6 a month on top of the Live payment. Since the 1st year of Live is free im OK moneywise to pay for it but when it runs out and i hav 2 pay £10 for Live and PSO i mite hit a prob cus i is only 14 and i dont earn that much cash and i was wondering if it is really really worth it. Oh and how dus the character development work and stuff like that.

Cheerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you dont like it, can't afford it, then dont pay.... simple... but then yer stuck with the game afterwords...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

That game takes about 300 hourst to fully beat... So if you plan on beating it realize it may take a year or so... So if you want to pay htat money...Thats you.. Honestly the PSO for GC was much better.. I mean it also required monthly pay but not ontop of any live account or anything..But GC had offline play... Xbox made a mistake trying to make taht online only...Too bad.

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
    That game takes about 300 hourst to fully beat... So if you plan on beating it realize it may take a year or so... So if you want to pay htat money...Thats you.. Honestly the PSO for GC was much better.. I mean it also required monthly pay but not ontop of any live account or anything..But GC had offline play... Xbox made a mistake trying to make taht online only...Too bad.
    In my case the GCN verison of PSO costed more then the Xbox verison would if I bought it. I paid $50 for the game, $35 for the broadband adaptor, and $100 for an import keyboard/controller not to mention the $8.95 a month to play the game. PSO is great and all, but it gets repeditive very quickly. I personally enjoyed PSO more on the Dreamcast. I suggest waiting for True Fantasy Live Online instead.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

PSO xbox has offline play you need a gamer tag you could use your friends as long as you don't connect to live your friend is fine if you want to connect then get your own. i just don't get why so many of you say it has no offline play mode.

If you like collecting rares then PSO is a great game, with 9 characters each of them with their unique pro-cons and 9 Section ID on each of them you get different item posibilities the ability to play up to 4 players in offline mode in 3 different game plays(normal,challenge,battle) the game has enought replay value to keep you playing for over 400 hours.
    NOTE: no you don't need a hunter license to play offline
    Hidden Content I am GameFreak I already know that

Thread Information