Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how Do You Think Driver 3 Will Be

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

I just realise something, I don't see any parked cars in GTA, True Crimes or in the 2 driver games. It makes it more realistic having parked cars.

i read they are adding weapons to the new driver. i cant wait to play it.

It should him holding a gun in his right hand so I'm guessing yes

I hope they base the game around driving. It's cool and all for him to use weapons but the game is called driver. The game was based on a great driving game. I loved the cars physics so much. I hope they only imprve and not incorperate a totaly new physics engine. Altought a drive by on a cop car would be nice. i wonder if he'd turn on his siren and chase hehe
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

I don't have a lot of faith in driver 3. I think they will just do a gta rip off for a quick buck and head out the back door pockets full.

I dont care what they do. If its a good game, it is all that counts. Also if u think about it, most games are just like other games out there. It all starts with an idea.

AM Static

I'm almost positive that the game will still be based on driving. You are a driver in the game, an undercover cop. I'm sure that they'll add elements from GTA into this game, but to make it stand out it has to have a solid driving system, and I have much faith that they will make an amazing driving game.

My only problem is that I haven't heard any new info or release date yet.. They're killing me!

I agree with you totaly dude. I think weapons will have a small apperance in the game. I think it will be the best non-racing driving game out there. I went to the mall a few days ago and see the box. I was freakin out but it said coming soon. I was like AHHH man.

AM Static

I also wanna know if they're'll be any XBL play. I know it doesn't need to be played online to be good, but online play always helps. A cool thing to do I think, is that people can host a free ride level, and you either choose the role of a cop or a driver. Cops will chase drivers, and they will try and avoid the cops. People could just jump in the middle of a game, and maybe it oculd be timed.. To see how long you could last without getteing totalled (as a driver), and for the cops, how many people you busted. Something to think about, any other ideas for multiplayer gametypes?

I don't get it when people say games such as this is a GTA rip off. I think its a brilliant idea to have 3 genres into 1. GTA sets an example for other developers to follow and I think that other developers should make more of these type of games. I mean its not going to be exactly GTA if they implement 3 genres. Its the style of the game and the playability.

I think Driver 3 will be good

Originally posted by AM Static
    any other ideas for multiplayer gametypes?
    I think a free ride in system link would be good enough. Everything you mentioned would be awsome.

Considering its multiplatform, i dont know if hey will make it have XBL. Do multiplatform games have XBL?

AM Static

Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
    I don't get it when people say games such as this is a GTA rip off. I think its a brilliant idea to have 3 genres into 1. GTA sets an example for other developers to follow and I think that other developers should make more of these type of games. I mean its not going to be exactly GTA if they implement 3 genres. Its the style of the game and the playability.
    The problem with GTA is that although its fun and incorperates numerous genres.. It just doesn't result in a solid game. Yes, its partly a driving game, but I didn't like that element of the game at all, bad controls, gameplay, and it was unrealistic. The shooting in the game could use alot of work too. I think one of the reasons people complain about 'another GTA game' is that it doesn't have one solid whatever in it. Just a little bit of everyting. ITs a fun game, don't get me wrong, but if you're looking for a shooting game, or if you;re looking for a decent driving game, this doesn't quite cut it. Also, you can only have so many games like this, they get repetitive so you really need to add something completely new and interesting to make a 'ripoff' of a game like this really work. Haven't had the chance to play True Crimes yet, so I won't comment on it.

All I'm saying is that Driver 3 will be based around a solid driving engine, so those of you yearning for a great driving game, this is it. Can't wait.

Maritimer

i think it will be good because i liked the first 2 so i am hoping it will be just as good

Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!how Do You Think Driver 3 Will Be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by KillaCam
    i thought it was great for ps but i cant wait for it to come out for x box what do u ppl think
    I think the game will be ok, but it will suffer from being developed on the PS2 hardware and brought over to the Xbox. As a PS2 game it will be great but on the Xbox side. I dont think it will fair to well, visually and on the audio side as well. But who knows if they will take advantage of the hardware. Im on the fence on this one.

XBOX Car Game Addict! JB20_2003's Avatar

I downloaded a trailor for the game in high resolution and it looks amazing I would say it will be one of the best driving games to come out on Xbox.
    - Justin

Games Owned: Sega GT 2002, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, 007 Agent Under Fire, Rallisport Challenge, Wreckless, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, Enter The Matrix, GTA Double Pack

Thread Information