Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Halo?

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Sleeping Sick of Halo?

I am. I can't believe people can be so totally enraptured by this game. Yes, it is excellent. Yes, it is fun. Yes, it is one of the best titles on the Xbox.

But it is NOT the end all, be all of games. I'm so tired of hearing about Halo 2 and all the "What color is your fave for Halo Multiplayer?" nonsense. The game is old, and even though I just got my copy a little over a year ago, I'm over it. I haven't even touched the game for over a month. XBC is the only thing that even revived that game for me, and that lasted all of a month.

So, yeah, I'm tired of Halo talk. All of it. It bores me, and I'm simply amazed at the fanaticism surrounding both that title and it's predecessor.

That said, I hand the thread over to all of you guys to flame me and stroke Bungie's love muscle....

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Seems people cant move on...Its as simple as that.
    Or they are to cheap to get XBL, and think XBC Halo is the only good gaming to be done on Xbox.

Only time ill play Halo now, is if im at a buddies, we are drinking, and feel the need to play a 4 player game.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 12-18-2003 at 01:15 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

I can't say that I am. True, you can only campaign so many times. XBC is impersonal, and it sometimes sucks playing with people you don't know, with lag and typing and stuff. I think Halo is a game that's best played among friends. One of my favourite things to do still, is have a LAN party with my buddies. We try to get new people to come out all the time, 'cause it's exciting to see someone get excited about playing Halo for the first time. Heck, I know guys who didn't know you could system link Xboxes until recently. They're re-discovering Halo now through system link. I think this game is a timeless classic, right up there with Pong, Pac-Man, Mario Bros. etc. And, for a lot of us, it's what made us buy an Xbox in the first place, and encourage all our friends to buy it too.
    Last edited by Salmonaitor; 12-18-2003 at 11:31 AM.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

As each day goes by, I'm even more addicted to Halo.

thrAsher...say it isn't so!

Smile

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    As each day goes by, I'm even more addicted to Halo.

thrAsher...say it isn't so!
    I knew you'd get around to this thread. Thanks for taking it easy on me.

Okay, I'll say this much at least, Max: I'm having a sh*te day at work, and while browsing I noticed that every other thread mentioned Halo or Halo 2.

Therefore, the rant. You'd think it was the only game out on the X. I suppose I am more sick of the constant jibber-jabber about the game then the actual game, however I don't even think about popping Halo in unless my little brother comes to stay the night, or my buddy calls and wants to XBC it. I'd rather get w/ the new ish, like PoP and Metal Arms.

I agree w/ Salmonaitor in the respect that Halo is a must at a LAN. No brainer there. And while it may be that game that most people buy the X for, Morrowind was my reason.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'll try and ignore the "Halo R0x0rz!!!1!1" threads. And now that the BAG is over and the boards have died down, I'm guessing there won't be quite as many.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Psychotic Captain of EoE ShadowWolf's Avatar

Yes, Halo can get boring at times, especially when you cream your friends in versus, but when you try to do stuff that wasn't suppose to be done, it can get fun.

Originally posted by thrAsher
    And while it may be that game that most people buy the X for, Morrowind was my reason.
    Hehehe, same here
    -The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limit
    -To be Old and Wise you first have to be Young and Stupid

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Well, if there is new information on Halo 2, for example, I'll definately be all over those threads like stink on dung

New information is the key words used there

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Well, if there is new information on Halo 2, for example, I'll definately be all over those threads like stink on dung

New information is the key words used there
    News, info, screens on Halo 2, those threads are great. Bring 'em on. Just spare me the gushing two word posts declaring your love for the game (not you Max, speakin' of the n00bs).

And Shadow Wolf....
    Last edited by thrAsher-XBA; 12-18-2003 at 02:08 PM.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

you know what i'm sick of? i'm sick of going from playing counter strike, to playing halo and pressing L to crouch, throwing a grenade and blowing myself up.

ive been playing it week in and week out for the past year, and havn't of yet got bored. and when will i? seeing as halo 2 is just round the corner, it should keep me going for a good few years

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

i only play halo when my dad comes home.
    (the thing is, hes getting better and hes starting to be a chalenge)

Haven't played it in well over a year, and probably only played it a good month or two before I was done with it. (not just finishing it but got my playtime out of it) It was a great game, albeit overly repeatative in the middle to the point of being obnoxious, but it wasn't nearly as addictive as other FPS games for me, like Quake 2, Counter Strike, BF1942, and Unreal Tournament Assault.

I never had any interest playing it through XBC or Gamespy.

I am looking forward to Halo2, but to give you an idea of what my excitement level is, I didn't even bother seeing the demo at E3 this past year.

Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I have been sick of HALO for quite sometime. It is a good game and all and one of the best games for the Xbox, but it isn't the best game ever made. I wouldn't even call HALO the best FPS ever. HALO is simply a good game.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

halo still kicks ass for me been playing it since the day it came out, but mosty just play on xbc with some friends, and when they leave i like to play with myself hmm and not with halo

Psychotic Captain of EoE ShadowWolf's Avatar

Originally posted by thrAsher
    And Shadow Wolf....
    Thanks mate. Morrowind is a great game as an RPG.

Bakc on topic- Halo can be fun if you try something..... different. My friend and I just a couple weeks ago discovered the fun of blowing a warthog into the air (I never saw this online either). Also making giant totem poles in a lan party is fun ^_^.
    -The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limit
    -To be Old and Wise you first have to be Young and Stupid

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Well for me my halo addiction just begun a month ago or so when i started playing on XBC. I cant get enough of it right now. My friends lan alot so i can always get a quick fix but i will probably grow tired in a few months (untill halo 2)

Originally posted by ShadowWolf
    Bakc on topic- Halo can be fun if you try something..... different. My friend and I just a couple weeks ago discovered the fun of blowing a warthog into the air (I never saw this online either). Also making giant totem poles in a lan party is fun ^_^.
    Hahaha. You know, last time I played Halo, me and my buddy spent more time setting up jumps on Blood Gulch using different combos. For instance, we'd set up a warthog in front of a base and haul arse at it w/ a ghost to see if we could clear the base entirely. We spent most of the time trying out tricks and stuff, and very little actually going for frags.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

I love Halo, and I still play it occasionally, but I can't play it for hours on end like I used to. I've put hundreds of hours into that game, so I tend to get "Haloed out" pretty quickly now. It'd be a different story if they made Halo 1.5 because half the reason I don't play it much anymore is multiplayer. Sure I have XBC, but its almost impossible for a single to get a good game on XBC, and even with several people on your box, it takes a while to get a game going. XBC is great but it can't match the features and conveniences of XBL.

I haven't played Halo for over 6 months! I am addicted to ESPN Football though....haven't stopped playing it since its release! One hellofa game!

I play my halo on xbox online almost every day. Its still fun. Also i dont give hand jobs bungie or its workers. I dont know anybody who does. There is nothing wrong with somebody playing a game and liking it and talking about it. I wouldnt complain about all the halo threads on here. The majority are better than some of the crap i see posted. *sighs*
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

Thread Information