Thread: Mini-Computer

Default Mini-Computer

Alright fellaz......stop saying the xbox is a mini computer. Its a **** game console. it has 1 characteristic of a computer, a hard drive. The xbox is nothing like a computer

correct me if im wrong

Who are you talking to?

Default Joe

Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002
    Who are you talking to?
    anyone and everyone who calls the xbox a mini computer

MaxPain

Default Re: Mini-Computer

Originally posted by StUmPy01
    Alright fellaz......stop saying the xbox is a mini computer. Its a **** game console. it has 1 characteristic of a computer, a hard drive. The xbox is nothing like a computer

correct me if im wrong
    Don't forget online gaming. Of course it had similarities to a computer, the computer is no doubt the best system out, so consoles must start having computer characteristics. But the best console is Xbox

if your going to post something like this you should probably post it in a debate forum because most people here in the General Discussion dont think that it is a mini computer

is there something wrong with computers? if you feel that there is, i would suggest that you smash your gamecube. also don't forget you playstation or atari 2600. they are all computers. when some fool tries to tell you that there is something wrong with the xbox because it is a computer, ask the moron if his/her favorite platform on which to play video games has a processor, memory, displays information on a screen or requires input. people will try and say that its more 'problematic' somehow because its from microsoft or because it uses pc-like components. thats not bad, its good. people already know how to develop using this type of hardware. big deal that it doesnt use some weird propreitary chipset that no-one has ever used to program anything. im pretty sure alot more video game developers would rather use a geforce3 chipset to process their graphics than they would the flipper chip.
    in conclusion, they are all computers. some of them (xbox) are just better.

Default uhhh

Originally posted by yall
    is there something wrong with computers? if you feel that there is, i would suggest that you smash your gamecube. also don't forget you playstation or atari 2600. they are all computers. when some fool tries to tell you that there is something wrong with the xbox because it is a computer, ask the moron if his/her favorite platform on which to play video games has a processor, memory, displays information on a screen or requires input. people will try and say that its more 'problematic' somehow because its from microsoft or because it uses pc-like components. thats not bad, its good. people already know how to develop using this type of hardware. big deal that it doesnt use some weird propreitary chipset that no-one has ever used to program anything. im pretty sure alot more video game developers would rather use a geforce3 chipset to process their graphics than they would the flipper chip.
    in conclusion, they are all computers. some of them (xbox) are just better.
    uhh, shut the hell up

too wordy for your simple mind?

Default A message to Stumpy

If you dont want to hear what people have to say than I suggest you do not post any threads here.

I dont find it very polite to be telling someone to shut the hell up because they are replying to your post.

I don't understand how a label(console, mini-PC) would make the gaming expierence less enjoyable. Does a game get crappier if you are playing it on a set-top pc instead of a console? Think people are too fixated on classifications
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Thread Information