Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill 4:The Room (Coming to Xbox)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Silent Hill 4:The Room (Coming to Xbox)

Well I also started this thread in the ps2 forum, and I found out recently that this game is also coming to the xbox

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/461/461753p1.html

Going to be good
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

DAMN! First off it sounds sick ass hell (aka tight as *beep*)...The story line just makes it seem more like a freaking movie instead of a game, although that alone makes it creepy...Even though I've never really like Silent Hill slow game play, I've always liked the way the Franchise sticks to it's dark/cloudy/misty/mysterious type settings.

The Screenshots look amazing, obiviously it will be 'beefed' up graphically for XBOX so I'll will definetly try it out. Thanks for the update on this title.

"It's a bird, it's a plane, it's wtf?

***WARNING: DISTURBING PIC***

"Hey Lets Hang Out"
    Last edited by Brimstone D.; 01-09-2004 at 02:46 AM.

I've loved the Silent Hill games. Very dissappointed we didn't get Silent Hill 3. I don't think it sold that well on PS2 so maybe Konami just decided not to bother. However it sounds like this may be a multi launch which would be very cool.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Why do we get 4 and not 3?

I think they should port all of the versions for people like me who havent played the PS2 ones.

DAMN! thats wicked

i gotta go back and beat silent hill 2. i bought it a while ago and have only played it for a couple hours. right now i'm in that hospital...

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hmm.. that sound strange....we gonna get 4 but not the third installment ? Or maybe we gonna get a gold edition ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

I liked 2, but it was way too short for me. Probably give 4 a rent before buying.
    RIP Dave

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

I just loved the subtitle of this game. 'The Room', it sounds creepy, mysterious and damn right scary. I think that Silent Hill is the scariest game ever! Can't wait. Thanx Substance snake.
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    I liked 2, but it was way too short for me. Probably give 4 a rent before buying.
    Im with you on that one, It was really short, but you could play through again with new things, but it just wasnt scary knowing what was going to happen

I'm gonna pick up two sometime, and probably give four a whirl. It looks awesome.

any word on if we're getting 3???

I'm not getting the 4th since I've never even seen the 3rd play... Why arn't/havn't we got the 3rd, yet we're getting the 4th? Maybe they'll bundle them together or something.

The Bull Goose Gamer Slap A Pope's Avatar

I played the first and second Silent Hill games on the PS2 and loved them both. My only problem was the shortness of the second one. When I finished, my game clock was only at around 8 hours. And from what I've heard the third was even shorter. Lets hope the length gets a boost for the fourth, cause everything else looks great.
    Hidden Content
    "Holy crip, he's a crapple!"- Peter Griffin, embarrassing fat moron

Awsome can't wait to check it out

Here's what I found at a PS2 forum (the first and last one I will ever go to.) I don't know if their is any truth to it, I will keep looking though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like a Xbox port of Silent Hill 3 with enhanced feautures or a compilation of all three games for a bargain price for XBox and PS2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, it isnt....SH4: the room is a full fledged SH sequel...no way is silent hill 3 going to xbox...ill give u the main reason:
    konami wrote specific code just for the PS2 hardware, this is why it looks so damn good...making it for the xbox, or even porting it over, would mean Konami would have to re-write every line of code again...doubt they'd wanna do that...

it kinda sucked missing out on silent hill 3 but the next one will probably make up for it.

Originally posted by George89
    I think they should port all of the versions for people like me who havent played the PS2 ones.
    yeah i would like them to do that too...

this series sounds fun, altho i havnt looked too much into it anymore since i heard silent hill 3 didnt come for xbox... but now we get 4....

most likely i will wait till 4 get cheap so i'll pick up 2 and 4

Originally posted by Brimstone D.

The Screenshots look amazing, obiviously it will be 'beefed' up graphically for XBOX so I'll will definetly try it out.

"It's a bird, it's a plane, it's wtf?

***WARNING: DISTURBING PIC***

"Hey Lets Hang Out"
    You think those look good? I differ in opinion, alot. As well, Silent Hill 2 on Xbox had nothing over the PS2 version graphically.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

You think those look good? I differ in opinion, alot. As well, Silent Hill 2 on Xbox had nothing over the PS2 version graphically.
    I agree that the graphics arent up to the xbox standards but they worked well enough for me to get into number 2. Nice sig btw.

Thread Information