Thread: XBOX memory sizes

Default XBOX memory sizes

How many megabytes is 1 block on xbox hdd/mem card? this question has been plageing me since the day i opened the xbox
    "He's just playing wiggle puppy."

Default i dunno

hmm, im not sure how big a "block" is but i think a mega byte is 1,000,000 bytes, and gigabyte is 1,000,000 megabytes and the hard drive is 10 gigabyte, so im not sure

the point is you probably wont use it all up unless you save every save for every game without saving over your last save, and if you save every good replay in Fever.

i heard that it stays at 50,000 blocks and never goes down so you wont worry about it, i read it on here somewhere

A kilobyte is equal to 1,024 bytes.
    A megabyte is equal to 1,024 kilobytes.
    A gigabyte is equal to 1,024 megabytes.

The harddrive saves in 4KB clusters, same as FAT32. There is 8GB on the harddrive. There are 312,500 blocks available on the harddrive for game saves and soundtracks. It will say 50,000+ for quite a while if not the entire life of the xbox for some people.

The harddrive is also partitioned into multiple drives. 4 I believe. The last three games you played are cached to the harddrive in one of those paritions. This space is not used for game saves or soundtracks, at least that anyone can tell. The weird thing that everyone is trying to figure out is if the harddrive has variable partitions. If you do fill up your designated soundtrack space will it overflow or expand into other partitions? That is the big question.

You will never use up your space with just game saves, stats, and replays etc. You would get very bored just trying to do it. Sure it is possible if you attempted it but in reality it won't happen.

Just think of all the money you are saving by not having to purchase memory cards.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thread Information