Thread: some tv questions...

Question some tv questions...

i don't really know jack when it comes to tv's and hooking my xbox up so i get the best graphics i can out of it. im running my xbox off of like a ten year old tv and i would like to find out some info so i get the best system possible within a reasonable amount of money. i don't have a clue on what 480p, or whatever, means and what i would need to achive that or any of that kind of stuff. from what i hear, it sounds like it's top notch but would i be able to get it on a relatively inexpensive tv ($300 max)? a site that could give me the info i need or any help from you guys would be great. thanks for any help.

Toshiba 27A41 27" Blackstripe II Stereo Television
    ColorStream component-video input jacks
    3-line digital comb filter with vertical contour correction

$279

They only have one left. JC Penney sells them for $299 if Amazon is out by the time you're ready to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...147424-2564568

This isn't an HDTV but it does have component input should you should be able to use the HD AV Pack if you don't use the widescreen option on your games.

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Talking yup

yup for sure one with at least av jacks. if lucky s-video which is the best picture u can get
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Default Re: yup

Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
    yup for sure one with at least av jacks. if lucky s-video which is the best picture u can get
    S-Video is not the best. It is better than composite and RF, however.

s-video is NOT the best.

Default Re: some tv questions...

Originally posted by Frost
    ...i don't have a clue on what 480p, or whatever, means and what i would need to achive that or any of that kind of stuff. from what i hear, it sounds like it's top notch but would i be able to get it on a relatively inexpensive tv ($300 max)?
    Sorry dude, there are no 480p capable TV sets in your price range. The Toshiba Hugh mentioned sounds like a great deal though. You can use the HD A/V pack with the component video connections, but you'll still only be able to display normal 480i output on it.

Btw, from a technical standpoint, component video is better than S-Video. However, using interlaced output, there is very minor to no visual difference.
    Last edited by DBXNY; 01-05-2002 at 09:58 PM.

Thread Information