Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Game System

Default New Game System

hey guys, i was just wondering who do you think will make a new system next? i know sega doesnt make them any more, but in the future they might sneak and make another one, or maybe atari. well i dunno. what do you guys think?

Sony PS3, obviously
    Followed by X-Box 2
    then I dunno.

i also bet that there is going to be another Nintendo system. Don't underestimatae Nintendo. They may come out with a killer system next.

Yea ninten-DOH! will make the game-box. You can slide all your CHin-pokemon cards threw the machine and the little chip will yell out special moves that the actual character can DO!! WOW! If you pre-order you also get a zelda bowl and a mario badge to wear at your friends pajama party. Its gonna so rock!!

It also gonna put there games on beta-max tapes instead of DVD-9. Screw DVDs, Beta rocks!!!
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 01-03-2002 at 02:22 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

MaxPain

OMG....JJaX are you serious..... I want a mario badge!! I want to make my friend jealous..... . Not trying to knock nintendo because I've owned all their systems since NES.... not the gamecube, I was going to get it but I decided I didn't want to settle and pay the same amount of money for less.... DOH!

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

Nintendo will most likely come out with a gamesphere that looks like a hot pink egg set on imitation silver-coated legs, and the top 1/2 opens to reveal eyes and a mouth that you feed micro disks when you wanna play the game. the only cool thing about it will be cordless controlers that have a reciver in the top 1/2 of the sphere.
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

At first I dismissed this topic altogether. Then I started thinking about it.

There are a number of companies that could create a new console if the timing was right.
    1) Intel
    2) Silicon Graphics
    3) Ex-employees of 3DFX
    4) Apple
    5) AMD

Of this list I'd say Intel has the best shot simply because the campaign is very expensive. Apple could very easily stomp on Nintendo in a fashion-war.

I'd love to see Bally-Midway rise from the ashes and do something extrodinary.

Good point.

The only I would probably not expect a console would be Intel because of their inclusion with the Xbox. I wonder if for the xbox 2 if they will do another bidding war for processor and graphics or if they will stick with Intel and nVidia.

I'd strike ex 3dfx employees since most of them work for nVidia now.

I'd love to see what Silicon Graphics could come up with.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

if things continue the way they are, i wouldn't be suprised if microsoft turned to amd... their chips are a hella lot cheaper, and for gaming purposes equally or more powerful than intel chips, which could turn the $50 loss for each xbox into a lot less (or even a profit)

You guys are all making great points, and I'd pay to see Apple beat Nintendo at what they do best.

I just wouldn't pay to have a console made by apple. If I am biased against one company then that company would be apple.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I would love to see a nice powerful, Apple chip powered console. They make some good hardware for the mac (even AMD is pretty much outclassed by Mac chip architecture), too bad there is about no gaming software for them =b

Apple doesn't make a processor. Their chips are provided by IBM and Motorola and that may change soon. Apple might actually go the Intel and AMD route. All speculation now of course but when the fit hits the shan I will never buy a Mac or Apple based product.
    ---Hidden Content ---

I love the Apple IPOD. I don't own one but I think it's a slick product. OS X looks like a decent product (on paper, anyway). With the exception of the I-Book Mac case designs are really nice.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I wouldn't expect anything from Apple...atleast, not any time soon. I would suspect a ressurection of Atari to happen before Apple would come out with a gaming console. One thing is for sure, it's difficult for Apple to compete with Microsoft since Microsoft holds, by far, the strongest market share in the OS industry. I don't know a soul that prefers MAC over PC, especially to the point where they completely avoid PCs. Before attacking me on that statement, please read it carefully and notice my careful wording. In other words, avoiding PC altogether is not likely from any half-intelligent computer user.

But, the next likely candidate to produce a gaming system is Sony...but, I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft introduced the XBox 2 before Sony. Man, I love surprises

Not that I like them or will buy their products, because powerful hardware is nothing without software to run on it, but you have to admit Mac's do own PC's in raw power. They're good for graphics design and stuff, would be good for games if anyone bothered, heh.

Another edge that MS has over any OS X-based console is that developers already know how to code for the XBOX due to its similarities to the PC. And as you say, nobody bothers to write games for the Mac.

Mac would have to start with all first party titles.

Originally posted by manboy
    Not that I like them or will buy their products, because powerful hardware is nothing without software to run on it, but you have to admit Mac's do own PC's in raw power. They're good for graphics design and stuff, would be good for games if anyone bothered, heh.
    I don't want to turn this into a Mac vs. PC thread but I have to comment on this one thing. Just can't let it slip by. It's a personal thing.

That definately was true a couple years ago. Doing publishing, graphics layout on a PC was a joke compared to the Mac. Of course this was early 90's and mid 90's. PII came out and started to pick up the slack then the G3 came out and took back the slack the PII got. Then that is when Apple basically lost their crown. After the 2nd gen PIII's started rolling out and then AMD's Thunderbird cpus the crown was lost to Apple, and it was lost big time. There was only 1 filter test, yes 1 test in Photoshop that the G4 at this time won against the high end PIII. This was the program that Apple loved to use at their 'real world benchmark' since Adobe always optimised their program for Apple. Yet their G4 could only win 1 filter test. The rest were owned by the PC. Graphics are no longer best suited for the Mac.

Most publishing firms still use macs though. Not because they are faster but because that is what they are used to. Replacing hardware, and retraining employees on the new software and systems would be cost prohibitive. So Macs live on in the work place.

But don't go spouting Macs own PC hardware. It just isn't true anymore.

On another note, I hate the iMac designs but the G3 cases were pretty nice. So is their big 24" plasma screen. I drool everytime I see that bad boy.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default i had that system when i was 16

it was a kick ass system slughter house
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Thread Information