Thread: Connecting Wirelessly With Hubs

Default Connecting Wirelessly With Hubs

Is it possible and has anyone connected xboxes wirelessly by hooking each xbox upto the hardwire port on a wireless router, and having the two wireless routers connect for doing a multiplayer gamer? Is it possible?

BinaryXtreme

To Live? On 2 separate accounts?

no, not for live, just to do a multiplayer between the two xboxes

BinaryXtreme

I don't see how it would. I don't see how you would adjust the ports for the uplink and downlink so it could read properly thru the same router. The XBOX is essentially a computer but it's not like it has an operating system easily asccessible for Networking adjustments. Damn good question though. Maybe someone else can help with this one. Sorry.....

do regular bridges work? or do you have to have special settings for network to do that? but i was just thinking that it'd just be two wireless hubs that the xboxes are hooked up to connecting to eachother...

In Amber Clad

Since I'm A. lazy and b. cheap i use a crappy siemens 2 port router for my system link games. I'm sure if you have a wireless LAN router with the correct recievers and such, it should work, but don't quote me on that.

If you have wireless routers, they will still work for System link games. I think that's the question you asked. I just use a Netgear 4-port hub though that I got for like 20 bucks. I play system link maybe 10 times a year so it's not a big deal for me.

THE REAL BOSS

I don't see why you would want to connect two wireless routers together If that's the case you need to subnet one of the routers and provide it with the gateway to the other router so they can communicate.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

my local computer store has wireless hubs on sale for $30, which beats paying $60-100 on the bridges and similar wireless things for wireless xboxes. i was hoping me and my friends could just buy wireless hubs and play eachother wirelessly with those.

Thread Information