Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy Cow! Have you guys seen Rid****?! best-looking game ever!

Default Holy Cow! Have you guys seen Rid****?! best-looking game ever!

I just got the new game Informer and it has a feature on a game called Rid**** with Vin Diesil. It looks better than Halo 2. It looks as good as Doom 3, and it's on xbox. You know that movie that's coming out this summer, the Chronicles of Rid****, the sequel to Pitch Black, well the game is the prequel to those movies. It is an FPS and it is made by Starbreeze, the people that made Enclave. I can't believe how good it looks. (Aloneinthedark mentioned this in another thread.) It is expected to be out in June.
    Last edited by PoetSaskia; 01-20-2004 at 07:05 PM.

Bah! Screw movie games/prequel/tie-ins... I learned my lesson with Enter The Matrix... There hasn't been a good movie related game in my opinion since Goldeneye back in the old'en days of the N64.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I hope it's as good as it sounds, however, it is typical for games based on movies to pretty much blow ass...but, who knows? I guess we'll see.

Looks better than Halo 2? Man, I have to check out some screenies...

Liquidx, Rogue Leader was great and LOTR Two Towers was good. It is no longer a rule that movie related games must suck. You definitely should not dismiss this game just because it's a movie tie in. I'm telling you it looks incredible! Wait until you see it!
    Last edited by PoetSaskia; 01-20-2004 at 07:29 PM.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by PoetSaskia
    Wait until you see it!
    Would you mind posting some pics!?

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Would you mind posting some pics!?
    sorry, I"m not able to do that. maybe someone else can.

Yeah, some pics would be nice or a link to an article...OR ANYTHING.

If it's by the makers of Enclave, the graphics will most likely be first rate.

None to be found by me.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I'm telling you it looks incredible!
    Looks arn't everything. I hate the LOTR games/movies. And Star Wars is the only game that is good, but I hate the movies so I guess I dont have much say. And yes, it is a rule that 97% of all game/movies will suck. I love Terminator 3, but the game is an absolute descrace and should never have never been allowed to use the word 'Terminator' in any way, shape, or form.

Originally posted by CRAYMAN
    Yeah, some pics would be nice or a link to an article...OR ANYTHING.

If it's by the makers of Enclave, the graphics will most likely be first rate.

Sorry Crayman, I tried to scan the pics but my scanner isn't working, I haven't used it in ages. I don't know how to post pics anyway, I would have to e-mail them to one of you and let you do it. Now I would have to go to Office Depot and pay to use their scanner. The graphics remind me a lot of Doom 3. I would say they are every bit as good.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

just right click the picture and go to properties, cut and past the url into the img code thing below the mesage icons.

In Amber Clad

Last great movie title was Goldeneye, since then all the titles have been subpar (especially Enter the Matrix...wow). I'm a big tolkien fan so that turns me off the games a bit, but RotK was really good, two towers was alright.

As far as looks goes, a lot of games "look better" than Halo 2, but looks can be decieving. I love NES!! and I still have some all time favorites on old reliable nintendo.

I wouldn't say they are better than Halo 2, definetly not on par with Doom 3.

I would say they are a mix of Unreal 2 and Halo 2. Pretty decent, but not comparable to Doom 3.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thanks Scorp! I told you guys it was freakin awesome! I think the one in the upper right corner of the page you linked to is the best. Can you believe how cool that is? It looks way better than Halo 2. Merimac, you need to get your eyes checked. And Unreal 2 isn't even in the same league as this bad boy.
    Last edited by PoetSaskia; 01-21-2004 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks Scorp! I told you guys it was freakin awesome! I think the one in the upper right corner of the page you linked to is the best. Can you believe how cool that is? It looks way better than Halo 2. Merimac, you need to get your eyes checked.
    Yea its nice that there isn't going to be an ammo counter on your screen, and the lighting effects look very nice. I'm not sure what type of game it is, but it seems as though you are battling gangs in a prison? Is it supposed to be a FPS or a combination of an RPG?

it is an FPS, but you can't use a gun right away. You have to start off beating them up. Apparently there's some stealth to the game. Rid**** can see in the dark, and can shoot out lights for an advantage.

MaxPain

it is an FPS, but you can't use a gun right away. You have to start off beating them up. Apparently there's some stealth to the game. Rid**** can see in the dark, and can shoot out lights for an advantage.
    [Splinter Cell]sounds familiar[/Splinter Cell]

Looks like a very visually appealing game. Hopefully the gameplay stands up to the graphics.
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

yeah. I'm bored, so I'll post some more from the magazine article on Rid****.
    "The authentic details of Rid****'s world are unparalleled, thanks to a new technique called normal mapping. Normal mapping is a technique used to exponentially add to the amount of detail that can be included on a 3D object without greatly increasing the processing power required to display it. Upcoming mega-titles like Halo 2 will make partial use of this technique; Rid**** will use it for every object in the game. " "It's a complex process, but results in dramatically nicer graphics than traditional modelling, without putting a huge strain on the console's processor."
    "downloadable content for xbox live has also been planned. New missions and levels have been confirmed, as have additional weapons and costumes." "We have some parts of the game that include locked doors," "You will be able to download new levels that take place beyond those locked doors."

Thread Information