Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just have to get this off my chest

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default I just have to get this off my chest

Last weekend, my wife and I went over to our friend's house. They do not own an XBox (no one is perfect ), but, they do own an N64. I also owned an N64...it's somewhere at home..but, I don't care where. But, let me explain this:

He asked me if I wanted to play Mario Kart for the N64. Now, I own this game, too...but, I haven't played it for a long time. It was probably one of N64s best games that I recall, in my opinion.

But, after owning the XBox, I first grabbed the N64 controller. WHOA!!!!!! I can't believe I even liked this controller at one time! Seroiusly! Try grabbing on to an N64 controller when you can...the thing feels like it will break in your hand...it's tiny when it comes to gripping the thing! It felt so foreign to me.

Next, we shoved in Mario Kart...and, I couldn't believe it! I felt like I was playing a game made in the 1980s! The graphics, gameplay, and everything about this game was absolutely horrible. It was nothing like the feeling when I first experienced that game. I don't know about you guys, but, we are seriously spoiled by the XBox. The XBox completely anihilates the N64. Anyway...if you even bother trying it...I gaurantee you will almost be appauled by how horrible the N64 really is.

I can't believe I even liked that game! lol...If you own it, try it and let me know what your thoughts are, especially after playing the XBox for so long!

i don't know, i like the n64 controlle. I mean, i'mm not gonna be able to try a xbox controller till march so i don't know.
    Dont hate the GameCube!!!!
    If you were aged 4-12, you wouldn't care about killer graphics and amazing games. Would you??? Noooo. Thats right.

Originally posted by pukkaboy
    i don't know, i like the n64 controlle. I mean, i'mm not gonna be able to try a xbox controller till march so i don't know.
    Pukkaboy...The N64 controller used to be my favorite controller of all time until I bought my XBox. Once you get used to the XBox controller, you will find that the N64 controller is nothing but a peice of junk. Don't worry...this is a very good thing

Default The day will come, gentlemen.......

....when another platform will come along that makes the XBOX look like Pong.........

Yes, it will. And you won't understand how you got by with such crappy graphics and the silly controller.

Default Re: The day will come, gentlemen.......

Originally posted by idloveaguinness
    ....when another platform will come along that makes the XBOX look like Pong.........

Yes, it will. And you won't understand how you got by with such crappy graphics and the silly controller.
    I agree...and look forward to it All I have to say is "bring on the technology!"

Man, I love games...this is one of the main reasons why I didn't buy a PoS2, LameCube, and an XBox all at the same time. I'm a gamer for life...but, I want the best of the best

~~XboX pRyDE!!~~

Default got a question

well lemme just say that I don't own an xbox...and won't ...till march 14 that is (Brute force...Halo...Wreckless...DOA3...Bloodwake...****...I'm gonna be Broke!!!!!)....
    anyway...just wanna that I loved the N64 controler (had N64...but I sold it away for some cash about 2 months ago)...I have tried the Xbox at a local store...I played halo and PGR with a friends...the control works REEEEAL well for those games...**** I was a little doubtful first...y'know...FPS on console???...I jus have one doubt with the xbox controller...how does it work for DOA3? it seemed like it would be awkward...

oh and BTW...my fav control ever was the DC controller

i dont know if iam wierd of what but i have no problem useing any of the controls from the old Sega, N64, Playstation, and so on.... i dont find it odd at all. Eahc system has there own controler and it part of the console.......its just the way it is. On the topic of the old games sucking it just that gameing has gone so far in the last few months witht the release of the XBOX and all. So of course the old games dont seem as good its because you have some thing new to play with. You can never beat the old games though especially DOOM........know theres a game that will never die!!!!!!! i still play it to this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One must be patient...or you'll lose more then your temper!

Default Re: got a question

Originally posted by Kay9
    well lemme just say that I don't own an xbox...and won't ...till march 14 that is (Brute force...Halo...Wreckless...DOA3...Bloodwake...****...I'm gonna be Broke!!!!!)....
    anyway...just wanna that I loved the N64 controler (had N64...but I sold it away for some cash about 2 months ago)...I have tried the Xbox at a local store...I played halo and PGR with a friends...the control works REEEEAL well for those games...**** I was a little doubtful first...y'know...FPS on console???...I jus have one doubt with the xbox controller...how does it work for DOA3? it seemed like it would be awkward...

oh and BTW...my fav control ever was the DC controller
    The XBox controller works wonders for DOA3. So, don't worry...you won't be disappointed.

As for having the DC controller to be your favorite, the XBox controller is simply the bigger brother to the DC controller. You will come to like the XBox controller a hell of a lot better than the DC controller after just one or two sittings. I am also a fan of the DC controller...but, when I recently picked it up, it felt like a peice of junk...just like the N64 controller did, especially after playing the XBox so much. This is a very very very good thing when you think about it! The XBox rules all Have fun this March!!!

Originally posted by sado
    i dont know if iam wierd of what but i have no problem useing any of the controls from the old Sega, N64, Playstation, and so on.... i dont find it odd at all. Eahc system has there own controler and it part of the console.......its just the way it is. On the topic of the old games sucking it just that gameing has gone so far in the last few months witht the release of the XBOX and all. So of course the old games dont seem as good its because you have some thing new to play with. You can never beat the old games though especially DOOM........know theres a game that will never die!!!!!!! i still play it to this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude, I completely agree. But, I just remember being marveled by Mario Kart on the N64 when I first started playing it. After not seeing the game for such a long time and recently playing it, it was such a peice of crap and I don't remember the game being so crappy! Yes, I agree that we are definately spoiled with the XBox...and I agree that DOOM is one of the best 1st person shooters ever created. But, get this: a new DOOM is coming to the XBox This should be very interesting

REALLY SWEET......i hope it follows in the originals foot steps and not the N64. The DOOM64 sucked it didn't follow at all the game play was so different!!!
    One must be patient...or you'll lose more then your temper!

Hehe, it reminds me of Nov 15. I got my XBox, and unconnected the '64, and moved it to the closet, where it just sits. I have no intention of ever bringing it out either. The jump from N64 to XBox is an undeniably huge one, reguardless of what ppl say. I just can't bear to play N64 anymore due to what is now completely crappy graphics.

Originally posted by The Terminator
    Hehe, it reminds me of Nov 15. I got my XBox, and unconnected the '64, and moved it to the closet, where it just sits. I have no intention of ever bringing it out either. The jump from N64 to XBox is an undeniably huge one, reguardless of what ppl say. I just can't bear to play N64 anymore due to what is now completely crappy graphics.
    Exactly, dude! Do you have Mario Kart on your N64? Just for *****s and giggles, hook up your N64 for just a moment...and put this game on...if you don't get enough laughs from how pathetic you were when you enjoyed that game (not a pun, because I was pathetic in that I loved that game!! But not any more! lol) just remember how much you loved the N64 controllers when you got used them....and grip one...they feel like ass now! Try it! lol...just for kicks...you'll see what I'm talking about! lol...it's funny as hell!

dude! i went to a friends house for new years eve and we played mario kart so much too! i have to admit, the controller was comfortable, but it was really hard to turn sharply. the graphics sucked so much, the people looked like cardboard cut-outs!

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Talking ya i know!!!

i know max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went over to a friends and played a lil' n64 and holy ****!!! they felt as skinny as hell!!!!!! its weird huh
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Default Re: ya i know!!!

Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
    i know max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went over to a friends and played a lil' n64 and holy ****!!! they felt as skinny as hell!!!!!! its weird huh
    Yeah! Skinny is the right word! I guess the XBox controllers are thick for a reason I mean, you can actually hold the d a m n thing without it slipping Man, Microsoft is a genious

Talking

i plaed ps2 at my friends house the other week and the graphics on that even looked kinda bad after playing my xbox....i was surprised to see such a differece.....i feel ya Max haha

It's hard to feel the buttons because they're so flat on the N64 controller lol! It was really slippery and felt like holding a toy or something that you bought from the dollar store!

Originally posted by sado
    i completely agree i can go back to nes and play naturally and i still have the skills even if i dont remeber the levels i guess im just a natural at gameing
    if your going to do that do it outside

What are you guys smoking? I want some, but who in their right minds would play a n64 after receiving the xbox? I almost sacrificed my n64 to the xbox, had the altar ready and everything lol.

I went to a gaming store, and traded in my n64 for the xbox. lol 3 controllers, 24 games, all the boxes/manuals/cords - everything! (I like to keep my stuff in good shape) and I only got $300 Cdn. for it. When i was buying these games, they were top of the line graphics, absolutely gourgeous for their time. I remember going on and on about how real everything looked, and that the games were worth the $80+ i paid for them.. Looking back, i cant figure out what the hell i was thinking, spending so much cash for that crap. lol

When i first plugged my xbox in, I just sat there at PGR's intro screen drooling. *Oooohhh* *Aaahhhh*
    Heh, when i finally started to play, I immediately like the controls. They reminded me of n64's cept for the size, and weight. After the first day of playing, my hands were seriously cramped, but I adjusted fairly quickly, and was fine by the 2nd day.

The gaming industry is advancing in leaps and bounds. Every year something new comes out that blows away everything else. Now, with xbox being as powerful as it is, it will probably last a couple years before something else tops it. But you know ps3 is already in the works..

Max, you were laughing at Mario Karts graphics?! lol try turning on your NES, or Gameboy! At least Mario Kart was 3d..
    The graphics will continue to get better and better, and the systems will continue to cost more and more but many of the games from the very beginning wont be topped. Some of the classic NES RPG's are still my fav games of all time. Back then, they focused more on a storyline, rather than throwing millions of pixels/colours at you in an attempt to give you a seisure(sp?)

Fav Games:
    • Final Fantasy (NES)
    • Final Fantasy 2 (SNES)
    • Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
    • Dragon Warrior (NES)
    • Dragon Warrior II (NES)
    • Dragon Warrior III (NES)
    • Dragon Warrior IV (NES)

Im a huge RPG fan, as you can see.

~~~XboXPrYdE!!~~~

Thread Information