Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal II is fun

Thumbs up Unreal II is fun

I just bought this game yesterday with a worry that I would be wasting my money. The game turned out to be really fun online. Though it's not Halo the online XMP is a very original multiplayer mode which has never been seen before. Though it will take a while to get used to how to playit. Also the multiplayer maps in this are HUGE. One map called Sirrocco which is a deep desert valley is about a kilometer from one end to the other (no joking)! There is also 3 vehicles and 3 character classes.

There are a few problems with this game but nothing big and can be easily be gotten over. The loading times are LONG, creature animations in single player are not all that great, campaign is short, and u can tell that the graphics have been dummed down a lot. There is only 4 multiplayer maps available but like I said they very large. More maps and weapons will be downloadable later.

Still... only 4 maps in a game of this genre nowadays is too few !!!

I agree. Four maps? That's kinda strange. It's way too few for any game. Especially an FPS.

The game sounds good though.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!! BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal 2 is horrible. I bought it last week used and traded it back in the very next day. This game is a disgrace. Either the game itself sucks or the port is just absolutely horrendous.

First off the frame rate is a joke, this game chops up so much its ridiculous. Even the FMV's are choppy. The character models are repulsive and the voice acting is laughable. The animation on the character models during cutscenes idiotic looking. The movement isn't fluid its jerky. The enemies OMG the enemies are like 2d at a distance then become 3d once they are on top of you. The enemy animation is worse then the character models. The enemies look like they are floating, they jump around like the disc is skipping. They have 2 death animations and that it.

That was just the single player. Now for the XMP, a nice idea but poorly executed. The maps are so large and teams are limited to 6vs6. One match I ran around the entire time and never found another person on the map in a game of 6vs6. The vehicles should've been left out. They are useless, clunky and annoying. The handling and controls of the vehicles is way to touchy. There is only 2 kinds of vehicles and they both suck. The frame rate in XMP is worse then the single player game.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by TheRightIsRight

Unreal 2 is horrible. I bought it last week used and traded it back in the very next day. This game is a disgrace. Either the game itself sucks or the port is just absolutely horrendous.
    Wow, bought and resold twice in a week. Still giving it a rent although I highly doubt I'll buy.
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Wow, bought and resold twice in a week. Still giving it a rent although I highly doubt I'll buy.
    Yea I was shocked when the guy in EB told me they had a used copy. And the game had only been out 2 days. I should've known then that the game sucked. Stupid me, I only got a lousy 17.00 bucks on the trade in.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

BinaryXtreme

Yeah, this game is a lot of fun. I've played well over 20 hours and is still very fun to play. Where I live this game is completely selling out. I've seen a lot of feedback regarding this game and I can tell you if you only played it one day and took it back, you never gave it a fair chance. The only thing is there are very few people playing it on line but those numbers will pick up as more people play and others here how great it is!

My friend got it and he says its horrible.

Eb wont even take it back undamaged and with a receipt the very next day. Bunch of ***got *******s.

I might rent it or get it when it gets a price drop....thought it is pretty cheap right now to get a preowned copy

Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
    I agree. Four maps? That's kinda strange. It's way too few for any game. Especially an FPS.

The game sounds good though.
    4 maps too few for any game???
    That's not true. What if the maps are huge and so large as to equal 3-4 blood gulch maps.

ChromaticStudios.net AloneInTheDark's Avatar

Originally posted by TheRightIsRight

Well if you only played it for a day..how can you be so sure you gave it enough time?

I ain't got next to nothing on my mind.
    I'll be alright when I see you right after five.
    I don't got to lie.
    Baby we can go get hi-igh
    RIP DZ RIP DZ

the game is great for live and its probably one of the better live games out right now

It reminds me a lot of team fortress but they need bigger maps and ctf AT LEAST.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the sig

Doctor

Sad

Can't do any thing else but agree whit you. IT SUCKS...
    I can go so far as saying it sucks great brown furry balls...
    Hail to me Hidden Content

I have to disagree with everyone saying it sucks. I've found much joy playing this game. Single player is fun, and so is XMP. The enemy character models are VERY CRAPPILY DONE, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the great single player story line. I also think the only thing wrong with XMP is that the maps are too large for 6vs6 rounds.

With these minor gripes aside, it's a great game.

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
    I have to disagree with everyone saying it sucks. I've found much joy playing this game. Single player is fun, and so is XMP. The enemy character models are VERY CRAPPILY DONE, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the great single player story line. I also think the only thing wrong with XMP is that the maps are too large for 6vs6 rounds.

Ya I think it has great gameplay. I really think they should have just had larger maps for sniping people only and ctf. But I like it. It is actually one of my favorites right now.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the sig

Banned

I bet, I here its a good game. I'll have to try it out sometime.

I agree with WithTheIsRight about the cutscenes they do suck, but u can have more than a 6v6 match u idiot! Its easy to find a game to join now there is always at least 5 matches going on.

Wow thats funny because the only servers I saw where a max 12 players. And friends of mine who tried to host said you can only host a of 12 players....you idiot.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro

What he said! plus load times are a bit long.

Thread Information