Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox 2 discussion

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Default More evidence of no hard drive in Xbox 2

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...ss/7849191.htm

this doesn't bode well, MS should be taking initiative instead of following Sony's lead

I heard that when thay do release they will two versions. One with a hardrive and another without.

Skankeez

Originally posted by Servo
    I heard that when thay do release they will two versions. One with a hardrive and another without.
    ahhhh never say "I heard" in the forums its just leads to flaming...

omg....i hear them coming....

RUN!

LMAO!

Microsoft will never be that stupid not to have a hard disk drive, that is one of the reasons Xbox has been called better than PS2 because you don't need all those stupid memory cards. Microsoft will have a hard disk drive, i have no doubt.
    God Bless The Xbox!
    Http://groups.msn.com/XboxCity

Hidden Content

3 g5's inside of it, that is INSANE! I sure hope they have 512 of ram, it would make me happier.

Originally posted by Servo
    what noob?? what did you say?? YOU heard something well........

jk

If XBOX 2 is supposed to be more advanced than XBOX 1, why would they take away XBOX 1's good features?

Heh, I could almost care less. By 2005 I'll be in college, with a job, and with a gaming PC. If I have any spare cash, I might trade it for an Xbox and a PS3.

If Microsoft doesn't put a HD and make old Xbox games compatible I would have no qualms with choosing the superior system, be it PS3, Xbox Next or Gamecube 2 (If there is one). The hard drive was the number one reason I bought an Xbox to start with.

Please don't make this mistake MS.

I sure hope that it has a HDD, I hate memory cards, and unless they're about $20, and they hold a few GBs, they are going to suck still. Though I'm not sure I believe this, because I think MS is trying to be the center of your living room, and that means lots of multimedia features, which means you need a HDD, just wait until E3, I'm sure MS will officially announce some stuff.

Originally posted by shapoopy

jk
    LMFAO

I think it is a smart decision by MS to use the memory card, saves alot of cash. But, I hope they stillr elease two versions, I use my hard drive alot, I save music, save all my games and my Live data, and I think its alot more convienent. Thats just my opinion.

BTW: I was at Best Buy buying some music cd's and I saw these two guys right. One had just bought an xbox, the other had just bought a ps2. And they were hella yelling at eachother and ogt in a fist fight and securtity was breaking em up and stuff. I doubt it was over the consoles, but I thought it looked hilarious.
    Last edited by Lucifer_Hawk; 02-02-2004 at 01:14 AM.

jk
    That picture is disturbing.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the sig

Renegade of funk

It's too early to speculate, especially based on "rumors". There was a lot of attention from MS about the next Xbox being the all in one home entertainment unit. Not only that, but to stay current and allow for flexiability from content providers and users, a hard drive must be used. Without it, say good bye to custom soundtracks, update over web patches for games, pretty much all downloadable content in general. Also might as well forget about playing Xbox 1 games, like Halo or KOTOR or any such "classics" that use the hard drive. I think games use the hard drive more than what that article states.
    It would be a serious mistake to not include a hard drive. It doesn't make sense, unless they intend to make a seperate hard drive and sell it as extra. I hope they don't do that, because that will be a good indication that even fewer games would support the HD than before. There would be a small portion of games then that would require a HD to play, then the gamer would have to buy that and the game, and probably run them about 100 bucks for the experience.
    MS always looks to the future, and if they want to remain viable in the home entertainment industry, then a hard drive would be key to all things.
    Backward compatability is another issue. MS will disenfranchise a huge part of it's fan base if they made it unable to play X1 games. In part, people would be less willing to ugrade considering the X1 has so much life left in it, and such a big game library by then. That means MS' profits would have to come from brand new buyers, other console converts, and only the most devoted MS fans. I for one know that if I can't play the games I have now, I don't want to throw them away. I might as well forget about getting the X2 and just hold on to X1.

Most of this article is pure conjecture. I put no stock in the "no hard drive" comments. Microsoft is planning on making the Xbox their portal into the living room. It would be suicide to make the next console un-compatible with current games and produce the unit with no hard drive. The idea that there will be two versions is very hard to shallow as well. Marketing guys typically want to make the purchase decision VERY easier for consumers. I just don't see this happening.

It is as simple as this, no hard drive / no compatibility with current games = no purchase from me.

jk
    Actually, sorry dude but it isn't hearing, i didn't hear anything. I read an Xbox article saying that so BOO YA, look who knows everything, hehehe
    God Bless The Xbox!
    Http://groups.msn.com/XboxCity

Hidden Content

There usually is truth to every rumor. My guess is they must have considered it and will respond to public opinion. I hope they hear us, no hard drive means MS loses. End of story.

This is MY HOME

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

well it seems from the article that they are getting the information from preliminary specs given to developers about Xbox 2, it could be possible MS is telling devs not to assume a HD in the system.

I think that most gamers would be willing to pay the extra $50 for a hard drive, because that means a lot of things, not just saving games, it would allow for a lot more flexibility, and without it, it's just a game system with no other features. I am still predicting it will have a HDD, I don't think MS would make the mistake not to have one.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by XboxTJ

Actually, sorry dude but it isn't hearing, i didn't hear anything. I read an Xbox article saying that so BOO YA, look who knows everything, hehehe
    Then give the source

Let me just say this...don't believe anything you hear about the next Xbox. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are in the building stages of the new systems and changes can be made to the design for quite some time ahead. With that said, each company will begin floating false rumors about their systems to give the competition a false sense of what is coming, so when the true systems hit, no one will have a major edge (unless they release very late). At this stage, I wouldn't believe anything I hear about the next Xbox, even if it comes direct from Microsoft. Let's just chill and not get so upset over rumors, because they are nothing but rumors.

Thread Information