Thread: OH GOD!!!! XBOX does have a disc reading error!!!!

Default OH GOD!!!! XBOX does have a disc reading error!!!!

everyone who knows me knows im not a ps2 or gamecube fanboy!
    I am ALL for the XBOX but Sunday the most awfull thing happend!
    i went over to my friends house to play halo on HIS xbox, since he doesnt have it yet. i put the cd in and it gave me a message saying somethine along the line that the xbox doesnt reconize the disc and to make sure its an xbox game or a dvd. i was like
    "oh *****" then i took it out and tried again, this time it said it was a dvd and i needed the dvd playback kit to use it, at this point my hands where shaking, then i tried fuzion frenzy and it worked on the first try, my hands stoped shaking so much, but i put halo in and it said it was a dvd again, so my friend pluged in his dvd playback kit and then it said it doesnt reconize the cd. my hands started shaking again. i tried again and Finaly it worked!!!
    you guys got to belive me im not lieing! you know im not a pos2 or lamecube fanboy!!

the only thing i can think of that caused something to go wrong is that i have my dvd playback kit always pluged in to the 4th controller slot.
    could this be the problem???? SOME ONE HELP ME!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude, it's no big deal. Just make sure your Halo game is clean. I'm not sure why the DVD playback kit message showed up...that is kind of strange. But, don't worry, dude...Halo might have been a little dusty or something.

i hope your right. im gunna go clean the cd in my cd doctor right now!!!

your friends xbox sucks...

a few times my xbox gives me the cant read disc error for project gotham, but i just eject it and put it back in and it works.

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

you cn just wipe it with a clean cloth... no need to get the game doc.
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

the cd/game disc doctor is pretty scary.
    it fixes the disc, but the disk gets hazed pretty bad with the doctor. when i first used it on one of my PS2 games i freaked cause i thought i used it wrong - and you have to potential to make things worse if you don't keep the cd wet while you're running it through the crank.

after using the doctor the CD will never shine like new and looks really jacked up, but it will work and it does "repair" scratches.
    I would only use it as a last resort if you see a really bad scratch that causes a read error, but i would never use it to just clean dust off a disc.

PGR froze on me a couple times tonite so i gave up on it....hope its not a permanent error with pgr cause fever worked fine

Something happened to my xbox too. it said that i needed to take my xbox in for service and i've only had it for a month! I was so freakin ****ed, but then i put halo in and it worked.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Default Dirty disk

I have noticed that the XBOX is pretty picky on semi-dirty disc's, but after a quick clean with a cloth, no problems.

Thread Information